Remove Advertisements

Eredar Twins

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Splug » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:27 am

Sunwell Radiance does not effect the blood elf groups before Kalecgos. The robots are still effected, as are Kalecgos/Brutallus/Felmyst. So I wouldn't be suprised if it's removed for the trash to the twins, but in effect for the boss itself.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby fiorina » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:02 am

We had first full night on them. I am working on my Sunwell uncrushable gear just to test in this encounter.
So far I have 121% combined avoidance unbuffed. I think it should go pretty close to 127.2%(is this number correct?) with raid buffs.

The thing is, you need both ~24k HP, good avoidance and uncrushability in this fight :) Well, not necessarily, but it will help a lot. Maybe that's the reason for all block rating on new Tier6 gear. I like the fight so far. 40% on second twin best try. But again, all people in raid need to understand what's going on and react based on it. It will take couple of days :/

WWS
http://wowwebstats.com/6t5cuxu34tch5?s=15871-16151

Threat 2 minutes before enrage(around 100k). This was from testing attempt, could be much better.
I guess you have to build proper threat lead so once first Twin is dead, DPS can go full out. There could be a mana issues sometimes, but usually there is so much incoming damage it's not the case.
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby guillex » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:05 am

Fiorina:

If it's a 25% debuff ... then you need 102.4% + 25% = 127.4%

Though, I'm not in SP, so I might be wrong.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Oramac » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:07 am

Guillex wrote:Fiorina:

If it's a 25% debuff ... then you need 102.4% + 25% = 127.4%

Though, I'm not in SP, so I might be wrong.

im fairly sure this is accurate
Aplus wrote:Yeah every time I get a big head, I go and try to solo a warlock.brings me back down to earth pretty fast
Oramac

Postby Questioner » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:23 pm

I'm glad to see Blizzard came up with a creative way to rape us in the ass. Hey let's add all this dodge to your T6 gear, and then have the instance remove it anyway!

And oh goodie, let's go back to using our old heroic badge libram again, just nevermind any of the new ones.

I'm sorry, but everything here was done with a warrior tank in mind. My guild's warrior MT's dodge scaled the same as mine, but he also has almost 20% extra block compared to me now. Severely disappointed.

Edit: It is certainly possible to hit the target mark, but you have to "downgrade" gear in some slots. However, I don't see doing it while maintaining the health pool that I was getting used to. Probably around 16.5k unbuffed is where you will land, and I question whether that will be enough.
<3 Tankadin at Heart.

Not necessarily accurate: Armory
Questioner

Postby Worldie » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:52 pm

Then suddently you realize why the new t6 pieces have block rating.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Cleanse » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:50 pm

Inner sanctum used a Protadin to tank Lady Sacrolash: http://files.filefront.com/Twins+FINALa ... einfo.html

Either way, Wrath of the Lich King needs to make it so that we actually bring something else aside from sponging damage when we are 'main tanking' something. Warriors having debuffs, Druids also having debuffs and we literally bring nothing. WoW 2.0 basically shows that synergy is king.
Cleanse

Postby fiorina » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:40 pm

Worldie wrote:Then suddently you realize why the new t6 pieces have block rating.

I am 99% sure it's coincidence. Because I am afraid Muru will be an exorcism fight so you have use for all spellhit on our gear also :)
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Katamai » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:07 am

Fiorina am i hallucinating or were you using The unbreakable will on your Twins tries? :shock:
I... was... once... called... Ashbringer...
My... son... watched... me... die...
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby fiorina » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:18 am

Katamai wrote:Fiorina am i hallucinating or were you using The unbreakable will on your Twins tries? :shock:

I do (with +40 spelldmg enchant). Why? I am just 3% to crushable with it. Praying for some Tier6 drops in SP.
Now I am using Tempest of Chaos with Mongoose, even better :))
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Katamai » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:58 am

fiorina wrote:
Katamai wrote:Fiorina am i hallucinating or were you using The unbreakable will on your Twins tries? :shock:

I do (with +40 spelldmg enchant). Why? I am just 3% to crushable with it. Praying for some Tier6 drops in SP.
Now I am using Tempest of Chaos with Mongoose, even better :))

Can Twins crush though? Hopefully i'll get to try them tonight but i was under the impression that their attacks (even melee) counted as elemental dmg and that they couldn't crush?
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby fiorina » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:30 am

Katamai wrote:Can Twins crush though? Hopefully i'll get to try them tonight but i was under the impression that their attacks (even melee) counted as elemental dmg and that they couldn't crush?

http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/ ... 161#120161
http://wowwebstats.com/6t5cuxu34tch5?s=15871-16151&a=46
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Katamai » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:58 am

fiorina wrote:http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/viewtopic.php?p=120161#120161
http://wowwebstats.com/6t5cuxu34tch5?s=15871-16151&a=46

Ouch! :shock:
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby Lore » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:21 am

So from the looks of things, Lady Sacrolash does not suffer from a normal dual wield penalty. The different attempts in the WWS Fiorina linked tend to hover around a 3-5% miss rate, the best being 10%, but they're all pretty small sample sizes. So the miss is pretty much just from Fiorina's +defense.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Croiky » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:18 pm

Highest I can manage atm, still wearing some crap gear as najentus hates my life as well as bloodboil.

This was w/ mongoose and shaman, no motw buff however : My HP Suffered greatly, I don't know if its worth stacking the avoidance or just trying to get as close w/o destroying hp

ATM Im still trying to convince my guild why i would be a better tank thank a druid, Reduced spell damage, Blessing of Sanc, Higher threat since DW Demon, and less crushing blows[/img]
Croiky

PreviousNext

Return to Sunwell Plateau