Shade of Aran

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Shade of Aran

Postby Brannigan » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:17 am

hi,

maybe some of u can help me out here. I'm running Karazhan with my Tank-adin. We've reached Shade of Aran and we lack enough DPS to get him down before Polymorph.

A guy told me that if I bubble just before the Polymorph and then run and hit Shade of Aran whilst drinking I would interrupt his Pyroblast and drinking.

Is that correct? - as I haven't been able to test it yet (respawns before we got back - so we call the raid for the night)
Brannigan
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:36 am

Postby Thanehand » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:19 am

Nope,

You can bubble just before polymorph, but (in my experience) you still get polymorphed, you just don't take the Pyro damage.

I would say you need to be interupting his Frostbolt and Fireball spells more, and towards the end of the cast time more, in order to gain time.

How many interupts do you take?
ImageImage
Thanehand
 
Posts: 177
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:54 am

Postby guillex » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:24 am

Leave his Arcane Missles, and interrupt everything else.

Other than that ... people just have to go at him hard, and not move during wreath. He doesn't have an aggro table.
Póg mo thóin
Image
User avatar
guillex
Moderator
 
Posts: 7490
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:32 pm
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Postby Brannigan » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:25 am

Okay thnx for the fast input. I did a google search and didn't come up with anything related to this Bubble thing either. But I just had to ask - to be 100% sure before I tell him he is wrong.

Problem with interrupts atm. is that there isn't enough co-ordination amongst the interrupters. They've learend the encounters up to Aran by having a RL telling them when to cast what if it was anything else than tank and spank. This is in fact the first fight that isn't tank and spank and where ppl. have to pay attention to the enviroment.

But we get him down soon enough - I hope ;)

ps. the question here wasn't so much the interrupt and stuff (I've read that at bosskillers.com) - more the part about wether a paladin could bubble from sheep and interupt his Pyroblast/drinking.
Brannigan
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:36 am

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:42 am

Aran boils down to 2 strats
1: High dps, make him save mana(interrupt fire and frost spells)
2: low dps, make him burn mana(interupt arcane and frost, then swap to strat 1 after polypyrowtf)

Don't interrupt all three. If he's stuck with melee he will use a regular aggro table, run after a clothie and interrupt all healers on the way(aoe counterspell aura)and screw everything hard.

Healers have to heal the whole raid rather frequently, he goes wild on anyone and has a predilection for people on low hp.

That's about it.
Image
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
User avatar
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 15547
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:15 am
Location: Thorns

Postby Sarima » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:44 am

Brannigan wrote:This is in fact the first fight that isn't tank and spank and where ppl. have to pay attention to the enviroment.

My thoughts exactly and probably also the reason why pleny of people have trouble with him; heck I heard stories of the better raiding guilds on our server wiping at least once on Aran every week (although that might not mean much since my server is backwater-town).
Brannigan wrote:more the part about wether a paladin could bubble from sheep and interupt his Pyroblast/drinking.

You can't interrupt him but you can sure as hell make sure you get 0 damage from the pyro (which means 1 less target to heal and 1/2 healer available to heal straight after).
Image
Worldie wrote:[...]omg, WotLK will seriously hurt my bran.
Sarima
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:19 am
Location: BE

Postby Brannigan » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:53 am

Sarima wrote:My thoughts exactly and probably also the reason why pleny of people have trouble with him; heck I heard stories of the better raiding guilds on our server wiping at least once on Aran every week (although that might not mean much since my server is backwater-town).


Well ye. I've raided on my SP to Vashj - and if ppl. can't learn this encounter I find it hard to believe they would manage prince or even in to 25 man.

Sarima wrote:You can't interrupt him but you can sure as hell make sure you get 0 damage from the pyro (which means 1 less target to heal and 1/2 healer available to heal straight after).


Okay well think we can close it here now. I've gotten the answers I was looking for. Thnx alot for quick respons. :D
Brannigan
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:36 am

Postby uke » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:54 am

I will not move when flame wreath is cast or the raid blows up.
I will not move when flame wreath is cast or the raid blows up.
I will not move when flame wreath is cast or the raid blows up.
I will not move when flame wreath is cast or the raid blows up.


Dangit, that song's stuck in my head now :?
uke
 
Posts: 1957
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:23 am

Postby Arees » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:50 am

Bubble does not stop the polymorph. I usually spam my bubble button as he gets done drinking so that its up before the pyroblast hits me.

If for some weird reason a person does not get polymorphed, do NOT hit shade. For some reason the other night our shaman didn't get polymorphed, so went and started attacking. He stopped drinking, stood up and fired a pyroblast and then about 15 seconds later was low on mana so he sheeped everyone again and started drinking, after which he cast another pyroblast. We did manage to make it through both of them, but only just barely. So to answer your question about stopping him from drinking... don't do it; there is no reason.
Image
User avatar
Arees
 
Posts: 546
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:50 pm

Postby sweeney » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:53 am

The good news is, your interrupters will have to get their head out of their posterior and take responsibility. It's something they'll have to learn eventually.

My favorite wipes are the one where someone basically says "We're all buddies and we're here to have fun, but X, you need to do your f*cking job", we laugh, then we down the boss next try.
Sweeney: 80 Paladin, Runetotem
sweeney
 
Posts: 297
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:15 pm

Postby Thanehand » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:56 am

Brannigan wrote:
Problem with interrupts atm. is that there isn't enough co-ordination amongst the interrupters. They've learend the encounters up to Aran by having a RL telling them when to cast what if it was anything else than tank and spank. This is in fact the first fight that isn't tank and spank and where ppl. have to pay attention to the enviroment.


Sounds like they need to learn to think by themselves. RL can't call out everything, esp once you progres further.

I usually assign a melee and a ranged to each type of interrupt, (except Arcane).
e.g. A rogue and a Mage on Fire
or A Ench Shammy and a Mage on Frost..


If you only have 2, I suggest getting the Ranged on Fire, and the Melee on Frost.
ImageImage
Thanehand
 
Posts: 177
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:54 am

Postby ldeboer » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:54 pm

WATERBOYsh wrote:Bubble does not stop the polymorph. I usually spam my bubble button as he gets done drinking so that its up before the pyroblast hits me.

If for some weird reason a person does not get polymorphed, do NOT hit shade. For some reason the other night our shaman didn't get polymorphed, so went and started attacking. He stopped drinking, stood up and fired a pyroblast and then about 15 seconds later was low on mana so he sheeped everyone again and started drinking, after which he cast another pyroblast. We did manage to make it through both of them, but only just barely. So to answer your question about stopping him from drinking... don't do it; there is no reason.



Okay I will wade into this because we had arguments when we formed my current guild from people coming from other guilds.
We have been doing Aran every week on 3 toons for months now and we tested and helped wowwiki to correct for the current shade of aran.

Blizz have subtely change this fight from original, patch 2.1, 2.2, 2.3 and now 2.4 and some things that are said here used to be true. Basically if you are used to doing the fight old school you would never know they changed the fight.

FACTS ON ARAN 2.4

1. Polymorph works on characters who are normally immune (IE Pallys in bubble)

2. Aran CAN NOT Pyro more than ONCE ... if Aran reaches 20% mana again after the first Mass Polymorph, he does not polymorph and pyroblast again. He just drinks a potion and continues. I do believe this used to be different.

3. Only the Water Elementals may break sheep during this time or a lucky resist by a player.

4. The Pyroblast can be interrupted since 2.3. Rogues etc should attempt to interrupt it if in range.

edit:
5. You didnt mention in your post so you prob know aran is untankable he has no or at least very limited agro table. We actually engage him with all the casters winding up there biggest spells like mages Pyro etc ... why waste time with a tank running in :) I actually put on healing gear and heal because my damage is very small I am better off keeping up one of the real DPS machines.

Now to the question should you therefore interrupt Aran if you are lucky enuf to break sheep ... hmmm I am not sure
Image
Image
Image
ldeboer
 
Posts: 553
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:13 pm
Location: Perth Australia


Return to Karazhan

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Who is online

In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests