any paladins MT archimonde?

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Re: any paladins MT archimonde?

Postby Dorvan » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:40 am

fiorina wrote:Sure, why make fight last just few minutes, only like 4 fears, 200k dmg to tank, ofc not. It's better to get 12 healers and enjoy 15 minutes epic encounter.

Its a survival fight. Better to go in with that mindset and not die, then eat a doomfire because to tried to get that one last cast off before moving and wipe the raid. Sure, you want to do the best DPS you can when it's safe, but survival is priority #1 on this fight.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Re: any paladins MT archimonde?

Postby fiorina » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:31 am

Dorvan wrote:
fiorina wrote:Sure, why make fight last just few minutes, only like 4 fears, 200k dmg to tank, ofc not. It's better to get 12 healers and enjoy 15 minutes epic encounter.

Its a survival fight. Better to go in with that mindset and not die, then eat a doomfire because to tried to get that one last cast off before moving and wipe the raid. Sure, you want to do the best DPS you can when it's safe, but survival is priority #1 on this fight.

Right, because you can't focus both on DPS and survival. 7k raid DPS, 10 minutes battle and 600k+ tank damage is just asking for trouble...
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby enbee » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:58 am

If you're learning the encounter you should definatly focus on survival, reach the enrage timer first, then kill him the next go, dps is secondary in this fight. Although obviously, the higher your dps is the smoother your kill is, it just can't come at a cost.
LoL, a paladin tank!
enbee

Postby QuantumDelta » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:06 am

Quite.

What we find works best (and it really does) is that melee come in when they can and are quite paranoid about doing anything near a fire.
DPS is called off 10 sec before a fear and everyone moves to a safer position, we wait for the fear whilst doing what we can at a relaxed/safer pace focused more on survival.

Fear hits.
Zerg for 32 seconds whilst avoiding fires and not cratering.

Really <3
QuantumDelta

Postby fiorina » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:52 am

why not...

But I personally still fail to see why people find heavy DPS and killing him within 4 fears harder, that do a epic fear/fire logistic during 15 minute battle. But it could be just me...
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Dorvan » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:16 am

fiorina wrote:why not...

But I personally still fail to see why people find heavy DPS and killing him within 4 fears harder, that do a epic fear/fire logistic during 15 minute battle. But it could be just me...

Well given survival, of course the faster to kill him the fewer chances there are of someone screwing up. However, just saying "survive and do great DPS" isn't particularly helpful to someone learning the fight. With most people, there's going to be a tradeoff is how much they can focus on survival vs. DPS. There are fights where you need to push your DPS and hard as they can go even if there's risk involved, but on this fight that slider should be all the way to survival. Within that survival framework you obviously want to do as much DPS as possible, but you shouldn't be taking any risks to do more damage (note that I'm talking about playstyle here, not gear).

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby fiorina » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:10 pm

Dorvan wrote:Well given survival, of course the faster to kill him the fewer chances there are of someone screwing up. However, just saying "survive and do great DPS" isn't particularly helpful to someone learning the fight. With most people, there's going to be a tradeoff is how much they can focus on survival vs. DPS. There are fights where you need to push your DPS and hard as they can go even if there's risk involved, but on this fight that slider should be all the way to survival. Within that survival framework you obviously want to do as much DPS as possible, but you shouldn't be taking any risks to do more damage (note that I'm talking about playstyle here, not gear).

I disaggre about full survival slider. Too many guilds are fucking with him for 10+ minutes and keep on failing because zillion things could go wrong. Should they focus on DPS a bit more, change a raid a bit and make fight 5 minutes experience instead, they would see great increase of survivability as a complemetary effect.

Anyway, regarding DPS.. just look at WWS. 1 or 2 persons had 1k DPS, many are around 400, that's just low. EoD
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby divinituss » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:30 am

Well, in Frostmourne, one of the guild's progression Archimonde encounter was MTed by a Prot paladin.

From what I've heard, FW + bubble macro used in nightbane will do the trick.

And that you cannot afford to get feared
Kimbeatina - Frostmourne

divinituss

Postby Worldie » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:35 am

Actually you can afford a second or two feared, more will probably be deadly.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Arianne » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:25 am

How do you do the pull on this fight? We've been having the MT and the MT healers run in from the north with everyone else east or west moving to position after that. Seems to work ok, but then Archimonde ends up farther north than we really want him to be and the MT healers don't have much room to run out. Anyone tried bubble pulling him?
Arianne

Postby Fangwui » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:15 am

our warrior MT had connection issues and i tanked him successfully today on my guild's 2nd kill. it took 2 flask timers worth of wipes though and tons of ironshield potions. i also had 4 priests to rotate fear wards. (3 holy 1 shadow) all in all it was a pretty fun experience.
Fangwui

Postby Worldie » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:30 am

Bumping since for the very first time since almost 1 year we're having a raid without a warrior tank at all, and looks like i might have to tank him (if we don't fail bad on Illidan).

I'm quite outgeared so i don't care excessively for what stats to use, my question is, how many Fear Wards would i need? We got 3 priests, realizing that the fear has 45 sec CD (althought sometimes comes way later), i assumed that i could save my bubble for the 4th fear, then i'd have the 3 FW ready again, but then on the 7th i'd have bubble on CD and fear wards on CD...

Do i need to use the PvP trinket?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby fiorina » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:01 am

So you outgear him but still plan to have 7 fears. Do you use some kiting tactics? :)

As a reference. Last week, scrub alt raid, 2fw
http://wowwebstats.com/ut3vz4kj4vt5g?s= ... a=58#buffs
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby nicolax » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:52 am

fiorina wrote:So you outgear him but still plan to have 7 fears. Do you use some kiting tactics? :)

As a reference. Last week, scrub alt raid, 2fw
http://wowwebstats.com/ut3vz4kj4vt5g?s= ... a=58#buffs

here's mine for our guild first, last sunday : http://wowwebstats.com/3gahkrrylqppm?a=7&s=4550-4951

we are at council in bt, so we definitely not outgear the encounter. we use 4 priest as well, i just had to bubble/debubble once after a priest died. and i don't use pvp trinket, just kael'thas commendation + shadowmoon insignia+ ironshields+pvp weapon with mongoose+full tanking gear with 62+% avoidance unbuffed. 8 healers total, 5 decursers.

and how come i take less damage than you fiorina with less gear, experience.. ? 440k vs 702k :shock: your wws parse and my wws parse are showing that the fight lasted for almost the same time 6:46 - 6:40. your alt dps is a little higher however :)
nicolax

Postby fiorina » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:18 am

nicolax wrote:and how come i take less damage than you fiorina with less gear, experience.. ? 440k vs 702k :shock: your wws parse and my wws parse are showing that the fight lasted for almost the same time 6:46 - 6:40. your alt dps is a little higher however :)

that's a good question, you can browse the log to see why...
but as far as I remember there was 2 fears, 3 airbursts(skill!) and touching on private parts involved :)

And come on, you are not lesser geared... Tier6 will give you some more spelldmg, not some huge amounts of mitigation.

Also ironshields.. maan, I wrote that was AFK alt raid :)
fiorina
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Mt. Hyjal