Remove Advertisements

tweak to prot build, LF advice/opinions

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

tweak to prot build, LF advice/opinions

Postby Masaq » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:53 am

Hi folks,

I'll be making the change back to prot soon and find myself with a lil pickle as to the final build. Its been quite a while so I've spent time reading through pages and pages of threads about talents and builds. But I'm still left with the small prob of not enough points to spend to fully flesh out the build the way I would like it. Not unusual I guess.

Anyways, my 3 problem children are Precision, Reckoning and 1H Weap. Specialization. I'm needing some "triage" advice about which talents (in your opinions) are more worthy of saving and which, when taken with overall effectiveness compared with the others are ok to be cut down or left out.

I've copied/pasted the build below and end up with 1/3 Precision, 5/5 Reckoning and 2/5 1H Weap Spec. The issue is, which out of these 3 talents do you find more "must have" than the other, which will give me greater effectiveness and threat management and so on? Are they created equal or taken in comparison with each other, will there be leaders or areas for "trimming"? Will 1H Weap Spec give me overall greater threat/dmg than Reckoning and so forth?

I realize there'll probably be as many varied opinions as there are posters (hopefully :p), but I really do need some help here. Hoping to get some extra advice and info to help me make the decision a lil easier. Any help, advice and info will of course be greatly appreciated.

Mas

Level 70 Paladin (0/49/12)

Holy (0 points)

None

Protection (49 points)

Redoubt - Rank 5/5
Damaging melee and ranged attacks against you have a 10% chance to increase your chance to block by 30%. Lasts 10 sec or 5 blocks.

Precision - Rank 1/3
Increases your chance to hit with melee weapons and spells by 1%.

Toughness - Rank 5/5
Increases your armor value from items by 10%.

Blessing of Kings - Rank 1/1
Places a Blessing on the friendly target, increasing total stats by 10% for 10 min. Players may only have one Blessing on them per Paladin at any one time.

Improved Righteous Fury - Rank 3/3
While Righteous Fury is active, all damage taken is reduced by 6% and increases the amount of threat generated by your Righteous Fury spell by 50%.

Shield Specialization - Rank 3/3
Increases the amount of damage absorbed by your shield by 30%.

Anticipation - Rank 5/5
Increases your Defense skill by 20.

Spell Warding - Rank 2/2
All spell damage taken is reduced by 4%.

Blessing of Sanctuary - Rank 1/1
Places a Blessing on the friendly target, reducing damage dealt from all sources by up to 80 for 10 min. In addition, when the target blocks a melee attack the attacker will take 46 Holy damage. Players may only have one Blessing on them per Paladin at any one time

Reckoning - Rank 5/5
Gives you a 10% chance after being hit by any damaging attack that the next 4 weapon swings within 8 sec will generate an additional attack.

Sacred Duty - Rank 2/2
Increases your total Stamina by 6%, reduces the cooldown of your Divine Shield spell by 60 sec and reduces the attack speed penalty by 100%.

One-Handed Weapon Specialization - Rank 2/5
Increases all damage you deal when a one-handed melee weapon is equipped by 2%.

Improved Holy Shield - Rank 2/2
Increases damage caused by your Holy Shield by 20% and increases the number of charges of your Holy Shield by 4.

Holy Shield - Rank 1/1
Increases chance to block by 30% for 10 sec and deals 155 Holy damage for each attack blocked while active. Damage caused by Holy Shield causes 35% additional threat. Each block expends a charge. 4 charges

Ardent Defender - Rank 5/5
When you have less than 35% health, all damage taken is reduced by 30%.

Combat Expertise - Rank 5/5
Increases your expertise by 5 and your total Stamina by 10%.

Avenger's Shield - Rank 1/1
Hurls a holy shield at the enemy, dealing 494 to 602 Holy damage, Dazing them and then jumping to additional nearby enemies. Affects 3 total targets. Lasts 6 sec.

Retribution (12 points)

Benediction - Rank 5/5
Reduces the Mana cost of your Judgement and Seal spells by 15%.

Improved Judgement - Rank 2/2
Decreases the cooldown of your Judgement spell by 2 sec.

Deflection - Rank 5/5
Increases your Parry chance by 5%.
Masaq

Return to Basic Training & Talents