Remove Advertisements

Illidari Council

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Warrender » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:32 am

Dianora wrote:Wait, he can be HoJ? That really can make my job a bit easier.

Yes.
Warrender
Maintankadonor

Postby Dianora » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:59 pm

ok, this might be better with mechanic question, but how much threat is a block? I'm tanking Veras again tonight, and I was able to get Veras with just holy shield even though he has BoSW up. This is of course after I had his initial post vanish aggro.

I tank him right up against the left wall by the door, that way, I can consistently guess the ball part region where he appears.

If I can only convince the PVE only mage in my raid to actually wear more stam gear, the fight would be easier.

Overall, I find Veras to be a bit frustrating. He either doesn't hit me hard enough for me to get mana back, or he has a strings of hits plus priest hitting me to gib me. Didn't help that my healer got distracted on that attempt.
Last edited by Dianora on Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Dianora » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:39 pm

Shai wrote:
Worldie wrote:Easiest way is just tanking him away from the raid, so he will always reappear in "proper" positions.

The problem with our positioning is, that there is no away from everybody else. If we did it like say in the bosskillers picture, could just tank him even further in the corner nps, and he would never get anywhere no matter how far away from normal he spawns. Or I could just start facing the raid so if he spawns behind me for some reason, can still cast as he's running by and he won't get that far. But we have the mage tank here, so no such option.

The mage tank right against the left wall, and there's still a ways away from the rogue tanking niche. I tank him in the niche to the left of the door, and when he vanishes, i run towards the center of the room in anticipation of his reappearance. When his vanish is about to be over in 5 seconds, I spam my targeting/judge script after I primed the SoR.

Yeah, this is easier than I anticipated.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Cyberwaste » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:12 pm

Dianora wrote:If I can only convince the PVE only mage in my raid to actually wear more stam gear, the fight would be easier.

Is this mage in question the mage tank? Please tell me it isn't :(

As far as positioning goes, my guild just has the mage tank at the bottom of the stairs, with the mage basically where he stands before you pull him, and the priest tanked directly behind the mage right by the door. The tank tanking the paladin stands on the right side of the room, while I have the left side. This means most of the raid is on the opposite side from me, so something is far less likely to go wrong, being that the only 3 people on my side of the room can either HoJ or stun (the rogue we have on the priest for interrupts stuns him whenever he has BoSW up so that a hunter has time to MD to me).
Cyberwaste

Postby Dianora » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:45 pm

Cyberwaste wrote:
Dianora wrote:If I can only convince the PVE only mage in my raid to actually wear more stam gear, the fight would be easier.

Is this mage in question the mage tank? Please tell me it isn't :(

As far as positioning goes, my guild just has the mage tank at the bottom of the stairs, with the mage basically where he stands before you pull him, and the priest tanked directly behind the mage right by the door. The tank tanking the paladin stands on the right side of the room, while I have the left side. This means most of the raid is on the opposite side from me, so something is far less likely to go wrong, being that the only 3 people on my side of the room can either HoJ or stun (the rogue we have on the priest for interrupts stuns him whenever he has BoSW up so that a hunter has time to MD to me).

no, the mage tank actually knows what he's doing. He got 12k health and maxed out spell hit. It's the other more squishy mage that worries me.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby nicolax » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:23 am

i have several questions following our first night of tries on the council :

- The pull -

Had problem with that, tried the imp pull, doesn't work all the time and we had some bugs with the mage tank successfully spellstealing dampen magic from zerevor, then being hit by arcane bolt for 15k just after, wtf... (i checked the wws parse, he really spell-stealed it, got affected by dampen magic, and 2 sec later, dead)

We tried the bop pull, boping the mage, he gets proximity aggro, but that isn't really good and he can end up dead fast

We tried a paladin bubble pull, so i run in, get proximity aggro, bubble just before being hit by smite and arcane bolt, seems to work well. We had a problem once with the rogue going straight to our mage tank and killing him. I think i can solve that by doing the same pull then stunning or taunting the rogue before he goes on a rampage.

so i thought about another zerg tactic. Using a tank (any should do) everytime for the pull. MD on gathios to the gathios tank, stunning-taunting the rogue, getting hit by arcane bolt and smite at the start with healers ready to heal the puller. It should be doable, warrior can “maybe” spell reflect (haven’t tested it), i can bubble, druids have enough hp.

Do you think it could work ? (will try it tonight but could use feedback :))

Another question :

- Gathios -

can i tank it without consecration (to prevent confusion) and do enough threat to not being overaggroed by the dpsers ? (can probably use a ret pala for aura and shaman for woa totem) i’m the best geared tank and main tank of the guild, i have put myself on rogue duty yesterday, no problem at all if you have all your macros ready for marking/judgement/taunt/shield throw. I checked the wws parse, and gathios melee hit seems more than manageable, his judgement of blood leaves a dot (didn’t know it) and his judgement of command when not spell reflected (the warrior tank on it missed quite a few) do around 5k damage. I have 21-22k hp buffed, 19k armor, around 65% avoidance buffed.

Last question :

- Malande -

Should we interrupt divine wrath or is it preferable to focus only on circle of healing interrupt ? i have assigned 2 rogues and 2 mages on interrupt, but they missed her circle of healing interrupt a lot of times, thus even when the pull was fine, the council always had more than 90% hp. Maybe they need some practice on interrupt, or i should change the interrupters and only assign a rogue and an enhancement shaman on interrupt.
nicolax

Postby Gracerath » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:48 am

For the pull, we just used BoP on the mage tank so he doesn't get pasted by the others. Having several hunters to misdirect makes the pull trivial. We had 3 on our first kill last week and we never had any mishaps. If you only have 2, I think you can just run up with the mage tank and judge the rogue as he comes down. Even with misdirect, I was able to get into range for a quick judge.

Consecrate is a fairly large chunk of our threat. Not using it will probably gimp your dps's ability to do their thing. However with all the running around they got to do moving out of AE and whatnot, it may or may not be a problem. Honestly though if you have a warrior tank that you feel is geared enough to tank it, he should. Being able to spell reflect the seal of command is useful and helps reduce some of the burst damage.

Interrupt as many divine wraths as you can. There is no reason not to really. With all the AE damage that gets toss around, plus deadly poison/envenom, its silly not to since its interruptable. Something that we did that was very helpful was had the mage tank set up a focus target counterspell macro so he could help out the other interrupters when needed. Most of the time, the warrior tanking her interrupted the divine wraths. Its possible for your healing interrupters to do it as well, just watch the CoH timer. As long as their interrupt cooldown will be up by the next time she casts CoH, interrupt divine wrath.
Bye space sword!
Gracerath
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:25 am

If you have FOUR interrupters on malande, assign 2 on wrath and 2 on heal (1 rogue 1 mage each).

Interrupting divine wrath makes things really easier.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Dorvan » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:36 am

Has anyone had any luck with or does anyone have tips on moving Malande? One of our warriors has found it quite frustrating trying to get her off the platform so he has easier LoS with the healers.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Jarkeld » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:31 pm

last night on our first kill, only had 1 hunter who MDd the ret paly, the tank on the priest had to run up top, get a bunch of initial aggro then run down the steps and kite her, having the interrupters use their first couple interrupts right away so she coms down since it doesn't matter if she heals when everyone is at 100%. Just make sure no one dpses her untill the tank has her in position.

I was tanking the rogue, and I found he would pop up within 10-15 yards of where he vanished, not beside some random person in the raid who he had just poisoned. So I would grab him and the healer on me and I would run way over to the left side, away from everyone else, then to pick him up after vanish I just stood inbetween where I had tanked him and where the rest of the raid was, picked him up real easy every time.
In the beginning the universe was created. This has made many people upset and generally been decided as a bad idea.
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/chara ... &n=Jarkeld
Jarkeld

Postby Baelor » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:51 pm

Question about interruption on the priest.

What classes/how many interrupters do you all use assuming there is a warrior tank on her, and how do you prioritize what they interrupt (if at all)? Last night on our first round of attempts on the Council, my guild had the warrior tank, an elemental shaman, and a rogue interrupting with the mages on call to back up if necessary. It seemed inefficient having the rogue basically stand there and do nothing except watch for casts and kick, and an excruciating sub-10% wipe drove that home in my mind.

How do you arrange your interrupts?
I am the light that brings the dawn.
Something Wicked this way comes.
Formerly: Baelor of Runetotem-US (2006-2007) | Cathmor of Malfurion-US (2007-2010)
Follow me on Twitter
Baelor

Postby Worldie » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:32 pm

Dorvan wrote:Has anyone had any luck with or does anyone have tips on moving Malande? One of our warriors has found it quite frustrating trying to get her off the platform so he has easier LoS with the healers.

never menaged to move her
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Cyberwaste » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:48 pm

Baelor wrote:Question about interruption on the priest.

What classes/how many interrupters do you all use assuming there is a warrior tank on her, and how do you prioritize what they interrupt (if at all)? Last night on our first round of attempts on the Council, my guild had the warrior tank, an elemental shaman, and a rogue interrupting with the mages on call to back up if necessary. It seemed inefficient having the rogue basically stand there and do nothing except watch for casts and kick, and an excruciating sub-10% wipe drove that home in my mind.

How do you arrange your interrupts?

My guild just uses a rogue and a mage assigned specifically to interrupts - and we use a druid to tank her. We also use 3 resto shamans that are in the general area (earthshock range) of the priest to interrupt as many divine wraths as possible to minimize raid damage between casting brain heals, and our mage tank sets the priest as his focus target to help out a bit as well.

This may seem DPS/healing inefficient but this is far from a DPS fight - it's about survival. The more divine wraths you interrupt, the less raid damage... so said resto shamans are there to prevent raid damage essentially rather than having to heal it. Keep the rogue there in your next attempts, I assure you that you didn't wipe at 10% due to lost DPS.
Cyberwaste

Postby Sielanas » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:30 pm

Ok, I need some tips on tanking the priest. We already have a tankadin that's going to be on the rogue, and I was told that I'd be on the priest when we make our attempts tonight/Sunday. After reading this fight described as "the king of don't stand in things", I imagine we can hit it tonight.
Sielanas

Postby Worldie » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:43 pm

If you don't fall asleep you can tank the priest...

Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple