Mother Shahraz

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Dianora » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:34 am

Dorvan wrote:Mother doesn't parry-haste anymore, so I just run a regular threat rotation. It may not be much, but an extra 300 DPS certainly doesn't hurt.

I think we did 5 pulls on her. I started with max avoidance with the 2 piece of SR gear and 2 stam trinket. Eventually I drop one stam trinket with the pocketwatch. The only thing that kills us are Fatal Attraction (more than 1 run through the tank/melee group) and the main tank dying. I got gibbed once when the OT healer either died or got ported via Fatal Attraction. The maintank dying is for the exactly same reason why I died, MT healer either dead or ported.

I think after we got more familiar with Fatal Attraction, this will be a one shot kill every week.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Questioner » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:27 pm

Dianora wrote:I think after we got more familiar with Fatal Attraction, this will be a one shot kill every week.

You would think so wouldn't you? Except the same people that managed to screw it up the first time, or have lag, will screw it up every time.
<3 Tankadin at Heart.

Not necessarily accurate: Armory
Questioner

Postby Neuron » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:04 pm

FA makes for fun times on farm runs :P
http://www.ardentdefender.com - A combat log parsing API
Neuron

Postby Dianora » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:29 pm

Questioner wrote:
Dianora wrote:I think after we got more familiar with Fatal Attraction, this will be a one shot kill every week.

You would think so wouldn't you? Except the same people that managed to screw it up the first time, or have lag, will screw it up every time.

Well, as the saberlash soak, I won't be that guy.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Lieris » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:28 pm

Same story as most people: first night, first kill. I did have a problem getting Fatal Attraction a few times (which is EASY, despite what some brain dead DPSers or healers will try to tell you) so we made the tauren tanks eat a Savory Deviate Delight so that their hit boxes weren't so weird and that fixed it.

Highlight of the evening was a resto druid in tree form walking through the tanks with Fatal Attraction. Miraculously he didn't eat a saber lash or kill the tanks. You can't spec out of stupid.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Tekkel » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:00 am

Aye first night, first kill. Took us 3 tries before the MT stopped dieing. Was funny on the 2nd attempt when the MT died and me and the druid stayed alive for another minute.

With enough SR this is just a joke. The whole raid except MT wore 4/5 pieces of SR and the healers had 5/5. Think we can make 5/5 on everyone within a month now :)
Tekkel

Postby Amarant_Pally » Thu May 22, 2008 10:48 pm

As an OT in my SR gear, is it necessary for me to be Uncrittable (for the Lashes)? I'm trying to go with a heavy-stam set, but I'm quite a few points away from Uncrittable in this set-up. Should I enchant for +def or +sta? And for my cloak (if not enchanting +def for Uncrittable), would +armor and +dodge be the better choice? Thanks!

Edit: I forgot to add that I DO have the S2 mace and the S1 shield (with resilience) to help make up for any uncrittablility I might lose. If crittability is an issue, is +47 Resilience and 450 defense enough? Thanks again.
Last edited by Amarant_Pally on Thu May 22, 2008 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amarant_Pally

Postby Seloei » Thu May 22, 2008 11:32 pm

Tbh... as an OT... the highest damage you will take is the occasional 9k lash, and they are not followed back-to-back like the lynx ones in ZA. Just go with SR gear and try to "prot dps" him while keeping JoW or Imp JotC up.
With the whole raid in 300+ shadow res gear this fight is as hard as your first attempt on attumen...
Seloei

Random element

Postby Dianora » Thu May 29, 2008 8:13 am

Well, we didn't one shot her for the first time in weeks. Last night at about 40%, we have the fatal attraction spawn right on top of the 3 tanks. Took the 3rd tank that just ate 9k saberlash down almost immediately, and I hang on for a couple of more seconds before it was all over.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Mouse » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:24 am

so we killed her first night, I got FA one time at the end because I wasnt on top of the tank right? I started healing because auto attacking was boring as hell, but it was location, not healing that caused FA, right?
Qapla <Attrition> Cho'Gall
80 Tank DK

EnsgnBlack <Attrition> Cho'Gall
80 BE Prot Pally
Mouse

Postby ShaiHulud » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:20 am

Our Offtanks wear no SR and we don't have much of a problem. I can see it would help if there was a FA that spawned in melee but either we've been lucky or our healers are very good. And to the poster above do you get the debuff if you dodge/miss/parry the sabre lash? To my understanding Sabre Lash puts a debuff on the MT/2 OTs so they don't get FA. Perhaps you avoided a bunch in a row and didn't get the debuff?
^The new WoTLK Main
^Old TBC main
ShaiHulud

Postby Arkellian » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:21 am

For what it is worth, I main-tanked Mother Shahraz last evening.

I wasn't supposed to main-tank, but I easily ripped agro from the Warrior MT (she is a Demon after all), and the main-tank Warrior complained he was rage starved. Once she started hitting me, my threat started to really began to climb above the Warrior tanks too (given enough heals and mana a Paladin can always out-threat a Warrior).

I finally bubbled to get her off me, as the MT is also the guildmaster and I could tell by the way he said "*sigh* Seems Arkellian is now tanking." that he wasn't happy with me.

I wore the Medallion of Karabor and Night's End for shadow resistance. Nothing more (I have a full set of 365 SR gear, but tanks don't need to wear it). I think I had 150 SR buffed.

Just keep Consecration down, and don't worry about the silences, just work around them.
Arkellian

Postby Worldie » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:18 pm

Silences aren't much a issue per se since the raid is nerfed by the SR.

The problem is where she does stupid things, like silence -> holy resist -> silence -> holy resist -> silence
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby towelliee » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:41 am

I was one fo the tanks stakced up on MS and I had no SRonly the 75 from buff and I survived easily.
towelliee

Postby inthedrops » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:31 pm

towelliee wrote:I was one fo the tanks stakced up on MS and I had no SRonly the 75 from buff and I survived easily.

Yeah, they're mostly for when someone near the tanks gets the thingamajig on them and blows you all up :) Which doesn't happen all too often.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple