Remove Advertisements

Mother Shahraz

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Jhereg » Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:32 pm

A holy paly would be nigh useless OTing lashes. Her PB silence is long and often. He couldn't wear SR, so he'd be eating a vast majority of em.

To make the fight interesting for myself, I swap between a Nightfall and a healing wep/shield depending on if im silenced.
Jhereg

Postby Slamdorff » Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:31 am

The amount of SR gear for the raid has been mentioned several times in this thread but never really answered.

Would somebody pls help me, by telling the amount of SR gear needed for all different classes?

We are progressing really fast in the nerfed dungeons of BT (and MH too), and will soon meet our Mother. One GM keeps posting that we all need full SR gear and thus need 225 HoDs and gazzilions of other stuff. I would really like to know the needed amounts.

Different inputs will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Slamdorff

Postby Gerilith » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:05 am

Slamdorff wrote:The amount of SR gear for the raid has been mentioned several times in this thread but never really answered.

Would somebody pls help me, by telling the amount of SR gear needed for all different classes?

We are progressing really fast in the nerfed dungeons of BT (and MH too), and will soon meet our Mother. One GM keeps posting that we all need full SR gear and thus need 225 HoDs and gazzilions of other stuff. I would really like to know the needed amounts.

Different inputs will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

You need as much as your healers are able to handle. 225 should be minimum, 365 would be perfect. Everything between these is dictated by the amount of Hearts of Darkness available.
Standing alone with no direction
How did I fall so far behind?
Why Am I searching for perfection?
Knowing it's something I won't find
Gerilith

Postby Worldie » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:58 am

In theory, craft everything but leggings and you are fine.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Averroes » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:26 pm

Im going to be taking the lashes from her and I only have 469 defense and 228(w/o shadow aura or buff) shadow resist, can I get away with this or no?
Averroes

Postby Worldie » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:33 pm

For what it matters you can have 0 defense.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Devilheals » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:20 pm

I would suggest everyone has around 300 resist and defense doesn't matter, though avoidance is still useful as you can avoid the lash.
Devilheals

Postby Dianora » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:28 am

Averroes wrote:Im going to be taking the lashes from her and I only have 469 defense and 228(w/o shadow aura or buff) shadow resist, can I get away with this or no?

I just throw up my max dodge set with double stamina trinket. The reason you have to wear some shadow resist gear is that some of the beam will bounce to you eventually.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Worldie » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:03 am

Tbh the reason for the shadow resistance is to not die if the FA targets get ported in front of the tanks. You can afford people dying but dead OT are bad thing.

Last week i remind we had to 2men tank Shahraz since the other warrior DCd at the pull, was rather funny watching 15k saber lashes and healers zerging heals. We killed her tho.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Cyberwaste » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:56 am

Worldie wrote:Tbh the reason for the shadow resistance is to not die if the FA targets get ported in front of the tanks. You can afford people dying but dead OT are bad thing.

My guild doesn't use SR for our saber lash soakers. I find that the OT's take less damage overall with full avoidance gear (I personally avoid like 75-80% of those saber lashes), and if by chance the FA targets get ported to the tanks, we have the health to live through it. Not to mention popping a shadow protection potion helps too in that unlucky circumstance.
Cyberwaste

Postby Derbish » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:27 am

We killed her on our 4th pull during our first night of attempts last night. Our main tank had zero shadow resist as did one of our lash tanks. I had 105 unbuffed SR. The only time my shadow resist made a difference was when someone with the debuff got too close to the tanks on our first pull. Both the other tanks died while I was able to live and kite her far enough back to leash her.

I'll probably continue to wear a little shadow resist, but you can easily do it with none.
Derbish

Postby Dragonzbane » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:29 am

Averroes wrote:Im going to be taking the lashes from her and I only have 469 defense and 228(w/o shadow aura or buff) shadow resist, can I get away with this or no?

You don't need Shadow Resist to OT.

You're best off in Max Armor gear with solid avoidance and bringing a Shadow Resist pot just incase someone gets stupid and runs through the tanks.

Donate your SR Gear mats to the guild so they can make someone else's gear.
Dragonzbane

Postby Dianora » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:46 am

Dragonzbane wrote:

You're best off in Max Armor gear with solid avoidance and bringing a Shadow Resist pot just incase someone gets stupid and runs through the tanks.

I end up wearing the BT atunement neckpiece, SR cloak (we made these back when ZA first came out).

Last night, our guild's first night on her (after blowing through about 10k of materials to gear up everyone), our GM/MT suggested to the OT (both of us are Prot Pally) to heal ourself after Saberlash. However, that was just not possible, since we are silenced more often than not.

I end up doing exactly 3 thing on the fight:

1. Judge Wisdom. (The other paladin put up improved judgement of the crusade).

2. Holy Shield whenever I can actually cast. Pop Avoidance trinket when it's CD is up.

3. Call out in vent what Aura she has, since I literally have nothing else to do.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Warrender » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:55 am

Dianora wrote:
Dragonzbane wrote:

I end up wearing the BT atunement neckpiece, SR cloak (we made these back when ZA first came out).

Last night, our guild's first night on her (after blowing through about 10k of materials to gear up everyone), our GM/MT suggested to the OT (both of us are Prot Pally) to heal ourself after Saberlash. However, that was just not possible, since we are silenced more often than not.

2. Holy Shield whenever I can actually cast. Pop Avoidance trinket when it's CD is up.

3. Call out in vent what Aura she has, since I literally have nothing else to do.

It's still possible to sneak out heals even through the silences. I wear my regular tanking gear with around 200 SR but equip my healing mace. In addition to keeping up JoW, I ninja-FoL between the silences. I don't bother healing myself unless absolutely necessary though because of SA.
Warrender
Maintankadonor

Postby Dorvan » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:07 am

Dianora wrote:I end up wearing the BT atunement neckpiece, SR cloak (we made these back when ZA first came out).

Mother doesn't parry-haste anymore, so I just run a regular threat rotation. It may not be much, but an extra 300 DPS certainly doesn't hurt.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple