Remove Advertisements

Nightbane - Camera problems

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Nightbane - Camera problems

Postby Lachdanan » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:50 am

Hello Fellow Tankadins.

Last week i gave a try MTing nightbane (we did only one try, cause we were still going for curator, and we were gona do it at the end). And we wyped at 50%.
Problem was my camera view was real bad. When i get near the wall it changes to a 1st person view. I tried and view from above and it didnt worked well. We wyped cause when i got feared (even bubbling out, trinket, etc) i still moved a bit and nightbane went out of position and i couldnt see it well to put him in the right place again, and bam! wype.

Any advices in how i should position my camera??

Also, my bubble/cancelaura macro isnt working... i think thats cause ive got a 500ms latency... Any advices on how to pass this too?

Thanks!
Lachdanan lvl 70 Human Paladin
Ravenholdt - US
Lachdanan

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:51 am

Spin it. A full 90 degrees angle from the ground should still give you a far bird's eye view.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby guillex » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:25 am

Only problem with spinning your camera view is this:

When you start moving, it's going to start moving back to your regular view.

I can't remember what the regular keybind is, so you'll have to look in the menu, but there's a button that you can use to be able to switch to a "behind" view. If you use this button, it'll let you move normally, but the camera will be permanently switched to looking behind you, as if you'd rotated the camera.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:28 am

It's unbound by default, I think it's called "camera flip".
There's also no knockback so if you need to give your camera some space, step forward.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Wraith » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:07 am

I try to reposition him the best I can. Then I will ask on vent how he looks and adjust if needed. When I heal for this fight I will spot for the MT. I have tried the camrea angles and after a while you just learn to deal with it.
Wraith

Re: Nightbane - Camera problems

Postby ldeboer » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:32 pm

Lachdanan wrote:Hello Fellow Tankadins.

Last week i gave a try MTing nightbane (we did only one try, cause we were still going for curator, and we were gona do it at the end). And we wyped at 50%.
Problem was my camera view was real bad. When i get near the wall it changes to a 1st person view. I tried and view from above and it didnt worked well. We wyped cause when i got feared (even bubbling out, trinket, etc) i still moved a bit and nightbane went out of position and i couldnt see it well to put him in the right place again, and bam! wype.

Any advices in how i should position my camera??

Also, my bubble/cancelaura macro isnt working... i think thats cause ive got a 500ms latency... Any advices on how to pass this too?

Thanks!

Where the broken barrel is that you summon him at with your urn look carefully at the wall there is a gap between a high and low. Stand in the middle and tilt you view upwards.

You have a slightly looking down view on the whole fight but its actually easier to see what the raid is doing and beats having to look at his fat head from front on and you cant see diddly squat of the raid.

I assume you are looking at bubbling out of the fear .. from my experience playing from australia with 500ms pings thats actually the slowest way and you move the most distance and if unlucky you will turn away from raid and they will get a tail swipe. I think because of 500ms delay and its a cast uncast thing its like 1 to 1.5 sec of still being feared.

Priest fear ward and Proc'ing a PVP trinket are far quicker and you should barely move.

Edit: I should also say there is a painful thing that can happen if you have heavy hitting melee like rogues is he will do a scorched earth right under you and you have to move. Getting a good camera view back is a pain for all of us.
ldeboer

Postby Far » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:50 pm

I used to have that problem, but started to use the macro:

/console CameraDistanceMaxFactor 4

then I just make so I view downwards.

Unfortunately this doesn't work too well on Prince :-(
Far

Return to Karazhan