Botanica is the easiest heroic (STOP ASKING)

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Botanica is the easiest heroic (STOP ASKING)

Postby Rokh » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:19 am

seriously, I am tired of the 5 threads a day asking what heroic should you do first.

Dont believe people when they say the 'level 60' instances are easy on heroic, they are retarded.

ramparts has threat wipes, mortal strikes.

slave pens has aoe fears, and 'gear check' spawns that will hit you in full level 70 blue armor for 8-10k

underbog has multiple 'gear check' spawns.

Run normal botanica, then run heroic botanica... there is ZERO difference, the wardens have a nature nuke thats 3-4k, but with either CC, or stun on the pull its really NP.
Rokh

Postby Moses » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:52 am

It's an opinion I suppose.

Personally I don't think bot is all that easy. I think slave pens is a cake walk (skipping 70% of the instance might have something to do with it). People are always going to ask where they should start, and everyone is always going to give them opinions.
Moses

Postby UMIO » Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:21 am

it all depends on your choice. personally i think when starting heroics you should try slave pens up to the 2nd boss. there's only 1 real gear check. after the second boss it gets harder due to fears and mc and when trying to skip mobs they can complicate things
UMIO

Postby Invisusira » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:45 am

Also, you're wrong.
Invisusira

Postby guillex » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:47 am

Easiest heroic? Underbog.

Easiest heroic when you outgear content? Mech/SH/Bot.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Eltiana » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:08 pm

H UB has multiple gear checks? I had a healer with less than 1k healing heal me through all of it, with no CC. A Holy pally. Only one wipe, because the asshole wouldn't move in range to heal me :P.
Eltiana

Postby NarfJones » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:58 pm

HAY GUSY! I WANTS TO START HEOrICS! WHICH ONE SHLD I DO 1ST!?
NarfJones
Maintankadonor

Postby Invisusira » Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:15 pm

Invisusira

Postby NarfJones » Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:20 pm

NarfJones
Maintankadonor

Postby guillex » Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:48 pm

Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Fahsky » Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:12 pm

BRB, emailing PBS about improper coloring book page usage. Tsk tsk.
Fahsky

Postby Sparti » Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:55 pm

Eltiana wrote:H UB has multiple gear checks? I had a healer with less than 1k healing heal me through all of it, with no CC. A Holy pally. Only one wipe, because the asshole wouldn't move in range to heal me :P.

on this note:

all heroics are easy

(except old hillsbrad)

In all seriousness, though, I tanked heroic manatombs with a priest who had been 70 for all of 2 hours, with less than 900 healing. We had only a few deaths the entire run, 0 wipes, no problems. I've tanked heroic shattered halls with an offspec druid healing me the entire time. Sethekk halls? cake. I did steamvaults on heroic 2 hours after I dinged 70, crittable and crushable with less than 13k hp fully buffed.

The deciding factor in what makes a heroic the easiest is your playstyle and your group configuration. If you're running with a priest and a shaman, then the easiest heroic for you might just be steam vaults. If you run with 3 mages and a priest, give shattered halls a try. Easy is entirely eye of the beholder stuff here, guys.

As for gear checks: You can tank all but maybe two or three heroics without ANY problems relating to gear with all blues if you're not an idiot and made the right choices leveling up - Fleshbeast's, Warchief's mantle, some felsteel pieces, dauntless handguards, etc. All of these blues add up pretty fast. Chances are, if you can tank up to curator in your gear, you can do every heroic in the game. 2000 damage is nothing, and that's basically the top end of the damage spectrum in heroics. If you're wiping to mobs who hit that hard, run with a different healer or fix the one that you party with.

Drink Time, Wimps! -- A blog.
Sparti

Location: Probably contributing to Sprint's wonderful track record of horrible customer service.

Postby Arcand » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:07 pm

Eltiana wrote:H UB has multiple gear checks? I had a healer with less than 1k healing heal me through all of it, with no CC. A Holy pally. Only one wipe, because the asshole wouldn't move in range to heal me :P.

What kind of gear were you and the DPS wearing?
Arcand

Postby thorn » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:38 pm

i healed through heroic mech once. as prot. i had like 11k +healing in my off-healing gear that i picked up from kara when nobody else wanted it, and the warrior (yeah, warrior...) was in all blues. he was a guildie and needed badges and he couldn't find a healer and had no dps gear. so i put on healing gear. not only was it the most fun i've ever had in mech, it was also easysauce. and we had no warlock.

in the end, all heroics are easy. except magister's terrace. heh.
thorn
Maintankadonor

Postby Fahsky » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:41 pm

thorn wrote:11k +healin

What? o_o
Fahsky

Next

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics