Remove Advertisements

Felmyst

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby fiorina » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:51 am

Cylan wrote:My guild is on Felmyst right now, but I am having trouble finding a solution to collecting on aggro during the second phase. Any ideas?


http://files.filefront.com/bd+vs+felmys ... einfo.html my PoV

consecration, taunt, AS, BoP on healers, earthbind totems, slowing trap, 2 tanks... come on, you are on Felmyst and don't know how to gather and tank multiple mobs? :)
User avatar
fiorina
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1027
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:07 pm

Postby Katamai » Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:59 pm

Cylan wrote:My guild is on Felmyst right now, but I am having trouble finding a solution to collecting on aggro during the second phase. Any ideas?


Drop consecration where beam lands and start running parallel to it, if you get room HW+Exo and problem solved.
I... was... once... called... Ashbringer...
My... son... watched... me... die...
KILL... THEM... ALL!
User avatar
Katamai
 
Posts: 842
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:25 pm
Location: Silvermoon, EU

Postby ShyneeThings » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:43 am

i watched ur vid fiorina, and am relatively new to finally converting over to sometimes speccing prot for 25 mans as needed in my guild, as ive been healing since like patch 1.7. But it looked like u were jsut keeping a judgement up on felmyst? and keeping SoR up and dps-'ing to the best of ur abilities in prot gear? what are other people doing when theyre not tanking adds? anyone bother to actualy try to help heal? worth it to even try putting a 2H on? Also, did u have to have any OT's picking up any of the skellies, or were all 20ish on u?
*Shyneethigs - 70 Paladin*
[US] Mannoroth Alliance

<Brotherhood of Nine>
bo9.guildlaunch.com
User avatar
ShyneeThings
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:26 am

Postby Worldie » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:56 am

If i'm not lazy i use my Nightfall when not tanking, else there's not much to do, you cannot waste your mana healing since you will need it later to build aggro.
Yes in theory it might be replenished by heals, but in no way it's sure that you will get damages, even on Felmyst.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13369
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Postby fiorina » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:59 am

ShyneeThings wrote:i watched ur vid fiorina, and am relatively new to finally converting over to sometimes speccing prot for 25 mans as needed in my guild, as ive been healing since like patch 1.7. But it looked like u were jsut keeping a judgement up on felmyst? and keeping SoR up and dps-'ing to the best of ur abilities in prot gear? what are other people doing when theyre not tanking adds? anyone bother to actualy try to help heal? worth it to even try putting a 2H on? Also, did u have to have any OT's picking up any of the skellies, or were all 20ish on u?


We don't have problems with DPS on him, so I was keeping JotC up and dispelling the MT and whoever got Mass dispell "resist" or range ussue. Also if some priest "happened" to die, I was manually dispelling his group together with another pally.

If you'll have DPS issues, you can spec to some retri hybrid build I guess, you don't need to be full prot for skeletons. You can go there with some holy hybrid build as well and try to heal, there is an aura ticking for 1k or so every second, so you won't have mana issues.
But honestly it's not a DPS check like Brutallus, so just stay full prot and relax. If you have no second tank available, just tank both phases. Plenty of options.

We use 2 tanks as you can see. Reason for it is, there is a still aura ticking on whole raid and there is a plenty of healing going on during air phases. If beams are spawned far away from each other or some slow guy will kite him some stupid way, you will have issues catching the skeletons sometimes. Also if you will get Mind Control (not happened to me yet, knock knock) second tank can handle it somehow so it's not an instant wipe.

If you'd like to look cool I recommend to get the following:

[item=13180][Stratholme Holy Water][/item]
[item=8956][Oil of Immolation][/item]
[item=23737][Adamantite Grenade][/item]
or
[item=10646][Goblin Sapper Charge][/item] ..oh wait, wrong boss
User avatar
fiorina
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1027
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:07 pm

Postby Cylan » Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:14 pm

fiorina wrote:
Cylan wrote:My guild is on Felmyst right now, but I am having trouble finding a solution to collecting on aggro during the second phase. Any ideas?


http://files.filefront.com/bd+vs+felmys ... einfo.html my PoV

consecration, taunt, AS, BoP on healers, earthbind totems, slowing trap, 2 tanks... come on, you are on Felmyst and don't know how to gather and tank multiple mobs? :)

I'm more used to the situation where they all come at once, not when they spawn spontaneous. The running with the beam idea is good, though.
Image
Cylan
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:31 am

Postby GokieKS » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:52 pm

fiorina wrote:consecration, taunt, AS, BoP on healers, earthbind totems, slowing trap, 2 tanks... come on, you are on Felmyst and don't know how to gather and tank multiple mobs? :)


Our normal Prot/Ret Paladin was gone tonight, so I ended up taking my mostly ZA/Badge geared Pally into SP for Felmyst. Phase 1 of course is of no real concern (help dispells, throw out a few heals, keep JoW up). Phase 2, however, presented some issues. About how many of the skeletons are you usually able to easily pick up? We first tried to do me picking up half of the skeletons from first laser and then all of the second, but because of me needing to find that second laser and then run to it, it didn't work out well.

Later, we tried having me pick up all the skeletons from first laser, and our warrior (MT) pick up all the ones from the second. So I would go to where the vapor is, drop a consecration at the beginning, then walk along the vapors a bit and try to time a Holy Wrath. After that is just Exorcism and taunt whatever I can, but with the number of skeletons that's hardly going to get all of them.

So I guess my question is - when you're tanking the skeletons, are you actually able to pick them all up, or do you rely on the rest of the raid moving towards a spot, having the skeletons follow, and then use consecrate in the area to get aggro?

My gear:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n=Myrialis

Fully raid buffed was at about 19.5K health, 16.6K armor, and 377 spell damage.
"You live and learn. At any rate, you live."
~Douglas Adams (RIP)
User avatar
GokieKS
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:47 pm

Postby Lucit » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:48 pm

GokieKS wrote:So I guess my question is - when you're tanking the skeletons, are you actually able to pick them all up, or do you rely on the rest of the raid moving towards a spot, having the skeletons follow, and then use consecrate in the area to get aggro?


Combination of both. I typically drop one consecrate on each laser trail, and then run to the tree and drop another consecrate while trying to taunt/exorcise any loose mobs. Raid mark on my head so healers know where to stand. :P

Using 4pc of course, with ~650 spell damage, I don't have too much trouble getting aggro on everything.
Lucit
 
Posts: 153
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:21 pm

Postby Cakes » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:38 am

Lucit wrote:
GokieKS wrote:So I guess my question is - when you're tanking the skeletons, are you actually able to pick them all up, or do you rely on the rest of the raid moving towards a spot, having the skeletons follow, and then use consecrate in the area to get aggro?


Combination of both. I typically drop one consecrate on each laser trail, and then run to the tree and drop another consecrate while trying to taunt/exorcise any loose mobs. Raid mark on my head so healers know where to stand. :P

Using 4pc of course, with ~650 spell damage, I don't have too much trouble getting aggro on everything.


Pretty much the same deal. Healers know to stand behind me after 2nd beam comes down.

I do have a question that is tankadin unrelated. Does anyone know how her agro table in the air works? Either omen is useless or we're just doing something wrong, because I'm having our ranged dps go to town when she takes off until she starts carpet bombing provided that they don't have more agro than the tank when she first rises into the air. Our problem is that she's bolting for dps (usually a warlock or spriest), then going on to the main tank when they either die or are bopped. I'm positive that we need to dps her in the air to even get close to the enrage timer.
Cakes
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:14 pm

Postby fiorina » Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:06 am

Cakes wrote:I do have a question that is tankadin unrelated. Does anyone know how her agro table in the air works? Either omen is useless or we're just doing something wrong, because I'm having our ranged dps go to town when she takes off until she starts carpet bombing provided that they don't have more agro than the tank when she first rises into the air. Our problem is that she's bolting for dps (usually a warlock or spriest), then going on to the main tank when they either die or are bopped. I'm positive that we need to dps her in the air to even get close to the enrage timer.


There is no aggro reset. There is some shit about an aggro reset when people don't know how to manage their aggro.
Remember, save all your aggro reducing abilities for when it lands. That means feign death, vanish, fucking fade, anything you can use to reset aggro.


I think it's because tank is not in melee range, thus DPS have to be below 100% not 130% of tank aggro.

Soul shatter is not working while she is in the air, lock have to wait for 50y range and tank in melee range.
BoP is your friend
User avatar
fiorina
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1027
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:07 pm

Postby Lore » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:28 am

Regarding picking up the skellies:

I mostly gave up on trying to pick them all up while the beams are going. I'll throw out consecrates/AS/JoR's but there isn't much you can do when the 2nd beam is on the other side of the room (or you get targetted). What I've found worked the best was to pick up whatever I could and then as soon as the second beam goes out, everyone who's not kiting collapses to the tree immediately. I can get out a Holy Wrath this way, it'll get interrupted a little but it's not too bad.

Helps to have Frost Traps and Earthbind Totems all over the place as well.
User avatar
Lore
Global Mod
 
Posts: 7757
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:52 am

Postby Cakes » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:15 am

fiorina wrote:
I think it's because tank is not in melee range, thus DPS have to be below 100% not 130% of tank aggro.

Soul shatter is not working while she is in the air, lock have to wait for 50y range and tank in melee range.
BoP is your friend


Pretty much the conclusion we're coming to. So, would we be benefitted by moving the tanking position closer to where she lands after phase 2? Currently, we just tank her where she lands when you first pull her.
Cakes
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:14 pm

Gear

Postby Mavrix » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:07 pm

Regarding gear to choose for tanking Phase 2 - what are people using or feel is most beneficial?
If necessity is the mother of invention, laziness must be the father.

Mavrix

Dalaran

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n&n=Mavrix
User avatar
Mavrix
 
Posts: 875
Joined: Sun May 06, 2007 6:18 pm

Re: Gear

Postby Cakes » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:11 pm

Mavrix wrote:Regarding gear to choose for tanking Phase 2 - what are people using or feel is most beneficial?


Stam, Spell Damage, and Block Value.
Cakes
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:14 pm

Postby Lore » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:28 pm

I threw together a quick video guide to Felmyst AOE tanking, you can see it here: http://files.filefront.com/felmyst+aoe+ ... einfo.html

Tell me what you think =)
User avatar
Lore
Global Mod
 
Posts: 7757
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:52 am

PreviousNext

Return to Sunwell Plateau

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
?php } else { ?