Cloak Enchants - Royal Rumble! (Steelweave Enchant)

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Postby ricmrune » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:05 pm

sbeacher wrote:I love enchants with a ton of primal earth cause that is the one primal I have falling out of my ears.

Break em up and get ironshields. I replaced dodge with steelweave because of Sunwell radiance.
ricmrune

Postby Nicki » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:32 pm

ricmrune wrote:
sbeacher wrote:I love enchants with a ton of primal earth cause that is the one primal I have falling out of my ears.

Break em up and get ironshields. I replaced dodge with steelweave because of Sunwell radiance.

O-o are you high or something?

dodge gives more avoidance than steel weave, Steelweave gives defense..You only use steelweave if your gear is lacking defense (and mine certainly is at 477!Dont worry I am crit immune I know how to play stats >_<)
To face death and glory with an equal smile
Nicki

Postby thorn » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:46 pm

Nicki wrote:dodge gives more avoidance than steel weave, Steelweave gives defense..You only use steelweave if your gear is lacking defense (and mine certainly is at 477!Dont worry I am crit immune I know how to play stats >_<)

http://www.failsafedesign.com/maintankadin/viewtopic.php?t=1531

hence, he's not high, no.
thorn
Maintankadonor

Postby Gerilith » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:48 pm

Nicki wrote:
ricmrune wrote:

dodge gives more avoidance than steel weave, Steelweave gives defense..You only use steelweave if your gear is lacking defense (and mine certainly is at 477!Dont worry I am crit immune I know how to play stats >_<)

He is right. 0.03% dodge vs. 0.2% block is quite a easy descision if you arent immune to crushing blows like in Sunwell (screw you, Radiance!). Defense gives avoidance, too, you know? :P
Standing alone with no direction
How did I fall so far behind?
Why Am I searching for perfection?
Knowing it's something I won't find
Gerilith

Postby Nicki » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:47 am

Gerilith wrote:
Nicki wrote:
ricmrune wrote:

He is right. 0.03% dodge vs. 0.2% block is quite a easy descision if you arent immune to crushing blows like in Sunwell (screw you, Radiance!). Defense gives avoidance, too, you know? :P

I was assuming uncrushable with the old enchant...

Sunwell radiance basically makes it really hard to be uncrushable...127.4% needed steelweave 'may' help but its not giving more 'avoidance' block is not avoidance sorry.
Nicki

Postby Dapaladin » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:50 am

No bosses in sunwell can crush to my knowledge
Dapaladin

Postby Nicki » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:10 am

Dapaladin wrote:No bosses in sunwell can crush to my knowledge

Twin eredars can or one of them

"Break em up and get ironshields. I replaced dodge(12 dodge rating) with steelweave (12 def rating) because of Sunwell radiance(-25% avoidance)."

The whole statement doesn't make sense, I replaced avoidance enchant with slightly less avoidance enchant because of the 'ignore avoidance' bosses in sunwell gain.

I know the enchants are close but damn it you don't replace an avoidance enchant for a lesser avoidance enchant for a 0.3% increase in BLOCK when your facing a 25% negative in dodge+miss..
Nicki

Postby Gerilith » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:25 am

Nicki wrote:
Dapaladin wrote:No bosses in sunwell can crush to my knowledge

Twin eredars can or one of them

"Break em up and get ironshields. I replaced dodge(12 dodge rating) with steelweave (12 def rating) because of Sunwell radiance(-25% avoidance)."

The whole statement doesn't make sense, I replaced avoidance enchant with slightly less avoidance enchant because of the 'ignore avoidance' bosses in sunwell gain.

I know the enchants are close but damn it you don't replace an avoidance enchant for a lesser avoidance enchant for a 0.3% increase in BLOCK when your facing a 25% negative in dodge+miss..

0.2% Block. Even if you aren't able to reach 127.4% avoidance + block, filling up the attack table by any means is helpful, especially if oyu do not lose any EH (you gain some if you're on a more complex construct of EH, btw). It is 0.17% more of you're attack table with only one enchant.
Standing alone with no direction
How did I fall so far behind?
Why Am I searching for perfection?
Knowing it's something I won't find
Gerilith

Postby Kaisendou » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:41 am

I'm glad they introduced the Stealweave enchant, because as soon as the anvil is unlocked and I pick up that 395armor +45stam +28 dodge ring of whatever stats, I'm going to dip to around 486def. I'll be replacing +120 armor with +12 defense.
Kaisendou

Previous

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations