Remove Advertisements

TK Trash

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

TK Trash

Postby Lightskin » Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:23 pm

Help me....anyone... What's the best way to do this.

Tonight we went in with 2 feral druids and me, we CC'd 2 targets and I dunno, it seems like we need to have all the targets CC'd with poly (like 4-5 mages). Are these able to be AOE tanked?
Lightskin

Postby Lore » Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:30 pm

Which pulls are you talking about?
Lore
Global Mod

Postby matchbox » Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:13 pm

sheep everything you can tank the vindicaters and legionaires
matchbox

Postby Atreidies » Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:17 pm

Umm, from the beginning of TK, should be a 6 pull with a 3 pull patrolling the corridor. I don't recall the specific names, but the paladin mobs you will want to pull out of LoS w/ the mage-type mobs that you can sheep, and obviously you want to tank the 2 that whirlwind away from your raid.

The 3 pull patrol is pretty self-explanatory, have melee pray for dodges when they run out and tank all 3.

When you get to the end of the hall near Al'ar's room it gets a little fun if your healers will humor you with massive heals and constant dispels; I get a Misdirect and a hunter pulls one pack of the small birds + 2 handlers, we have 2 tanks grab the handlers and just step back so that they will simply autoshot the tanks while the birds run at me. This part is fairly important that you have Holy Shield and Consecration both already cast before the birds get to you as they will likely silence you right away, make sure to have your back to a wall and you can aoe tank these to your heart's content as long as you get the silence dispelled and keep up HS/Consecrate, it makes for a MUCH smoother clear of these 2 packs than other tanks trying to pick them up.

Al'ar's room trash, I would suggest letting another tank grab, aoe mana burn is FTL. If you're on your way to Void Reaver from there, either have 16k+ raid buffed HP and be topped off before Overcharge or let warriors smart enough to Spell Reflect grab the 2 pulls, even non-prot they simply have the tools to tank these mobs safely.

On the way to Solarian, you'll have 1(?) more 2 pack of the Overcharging arcane mobs, and 5(?) AoE pulls, which used to be a nightmare, and have 2 Elites in the pack that need to be tanked, you can also tank one of these yourself but I would seriously advise against tanking both elites w/ all the aoe mobs. Keep in mind, these packs do pretty decent burst aoe on the raid so have your healers keeping not just your but your raid alive. And in addition to those pulls, there are 2 patrols of 3 mobs inside Solarian's room consisting of a shadow-priest type mob which will MC people, and 2 of the whirlwinding mobs from earlier that you can sheep.

The real nightmare of t5 trash that's survived the nerf, although admittedly it was probably worse before, and until someone comes and asks specifically about that trash I won't bother explaining it because there is just so much pain... and anguish... and 21k frost attacks... and 9k whirlwinds... Have fun!
[url=http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Bricksauce]Image
Image[/url]
Atreidies

Postby Mortehl » Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:26 pm

Atreidies wrote:The 3 pull patrol is pretty self-explanatory, have melee pray for dodges when they run out and tank all 3.

This pull is easy. Tank the big guy in the middle room, take the 2 squires into the entrance room and out of LoS of the big guy. Ranged DPS on the big guy, melee dps on the 2 smaller guys.
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations