Maiden of Virtue

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Igrado » Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:53 am

I will probably doing my first Tanking in Kara tomorrow, our guild consistently gets past Curator, though we have only downed Shade and Illhoof once. We are working on a second team with me MTing rather than healing the initial squad (me=happy :lol: )

I know the fights and trash well enough, and I'm not particularly concerned. I'm well enough geared (490 / 102.4+ / 11k+HP) I just had 2 simple questions.

Should I have the druid tank Maiden? Seems best to me as no silence problems and I can BoSac him and do plenty of healing in my gear, even off-specc'd I have +1350 and 107mp5. Or should I tank her?

If I do tank her, start with shield throw or just run in with HS up, Consecrate, JoL, SoR and start J/SoR and HS/conc rotation?

(Oh, and I assume BoSanc for trash, BoK for bosses in Kara and um.. Ret aura for trash Devo for bosses. No reason to reply to this unless I'm way off I'm pretty sure this is right or more of just something changing by personal style from tank to tank.)
Igrado
Maintankadonor

Postby Ills » Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:59 am

I recently tanked Maiden because the warrior who we brought along as OT was undergeared.

It's not impossible, or even all that difficult to tank, you just have to be more conscious of your cooldowns. For example, if you would normally have time to cast Consecration just before HS, in this fight, wait out and spam your HS button, because chances are the silence will mess up your plans.

Yeah, mash buttons like mad.
Every fight is like Sartura, only without the screaming and the dying.
Ills

Postby eia » Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:07 am

Ills wrote:Yeah, mash buttons like mad.

Yep, that's about the only thing this fight consists when we tank her.. I haven't done it much myself, but the times I did, that was what I did, even though I should have an easier of it than most, since I'm one (of the few?) that actually took improved concentration aura. ;)
Also, depending on how much damage you take from trash I'd say go with BoW if you take little, BoK otherwise. Might just be me, but imo BoSanct is useless for most intents and purposes.
"It takes two to cuddle."
eia

Postby Igrado » Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:09 am

yeah I don't question that a pally can tank her, but I expect to be the only Paladin in the raid as our other Healadin is in Germany for 3 weeks as he is part of the U.S. Army Reserves i believe. I know the druid can do decent damage in his cat gear and I know I can tank it, so I guess we'll feel it out.

I don't mind at all stepping out and healing if that'll make the run faster/smoother, I enjoy healing and up until recently had my pally built for it. He's quite well geared and even prot spec'd will be able to put out a lot in the way of healing and staying power. So I feel it'll be best for progress to bring cleanse and BoSac to the fight if the Druid can tank it fine (and i think he can).

But should I end up tanking was just wondering if y'all normally Capt'n America to start the fight or just run in.
Igrado
Maintankadonor

Postby Cimzar » Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:10 am

I always start out with Avengers Shield. It gives me enough threat that I can pull her around and get her into position quickly. If someone pulls aggro on her, good luck getting it back...

Also, a druid does better as an offtank. Just have them get in dps gear and bear form, just in case you get smacked. The fight is easiest if you have a holy paly offhealing, though, because they can easily manage the BoSac while contributing a ton of healing throughout.
<3 Bram
The enemy outnumber us a paltry three to one, good odds for any Paladin!
Cimzar

Postby Candiru » Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:56 am

if you are the only paladin in the raid, then you should definatly don your healing gear and heal the repentances.

Anything else is silly.

If you have at least 1 paladin, then you should tank her fine :)
Candiru

Postby Ills » Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:03 am

In the fight that I described above, I was the only pally, but also the only appropriately-geared tank. :?

We had the resto shaman Earth Shield himself and eat the Sacred Ground damage, 'cause on the first attempt the healers couldn't seem to get the timing on Repentance down.
Every fight is like Sartura, only without the screaming and the dying.
Ills

Previous

Return to Karazhan