Eredar Twins

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Eredar Twins

Postby icydevarosp » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:39 pm

Wanted to know since this just opened on the live servers today if anyone if anyone has any tips/suggestions, strategies etc.
icydevarosp

Postby artofray » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:24 pm

it's opened, cleared felmyst tonight so we are trying him tomorrow didn't see the fight on ptr so don't really know what to expect yet any paladins seen this fight? The adds that pop-up from Lady Sarcolash doesn't sound like they are tank-able.
artofray

Postby Duzzit » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:59 am

from what I know you are going to need fire/shadow resist gear but other than that I cant think of anything else.

Duzzit

Postby Worldie » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:56 am

As far as i remember there's a rather complicate jumping between the 2 parts of the fight.

Each twin puts a dangerous debuff on the raid which is removed when you take damage of the opposite element so you have to move from one side to other almost costantly.

I've read as well that one of the twins had a disorient so it was recommended more than one tank on her.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby fiorina » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:30 pm

15k Crushing blow...

It's a beautiful day, don't let it get away...
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:33 pm

Crushings + sunwell radiance sounds BAD

Altho i've read that once u kill felmyst it disappears for the rest of the istance.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby fiorina » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:47 pm

Worldie wrote:Crushings + sunwell radiance sounds BAD

Altho i've read that once u kill felmyst it disappears for the rest of the istance.

Actually it *seems* correct for trash as I had quite a lot dodges, but it could be coincidence. For bosses I am not so sure, as crush happened when HS was supposed to be up. I will confirm on weekend.

So we need what 127,4% avoidance now... uhh... huh. I think I can get 112% from gear, need 10+% from gems and buffs. Maybe this is a reason for all block rating on our gear :/

Fight itself. Well. Quite easy for tanks (you'd better farm 2minute PvP insignia). Very very healing intensive, there is extreme raid damage. A lot of positioning and movement involved. It will be pain in the rear as at least 5% of people from our raid have gift to screw up something no matter what. Some people just can't freaking exist without a bossmode and 5 videos. But well, after 200 tries even monkey will learn :/
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:50 pm

Weren't the tanks supposed to be in resist gear?

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby fiorina » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:19 pm

Worldie wrote:Weren't the tanks supposed to be in resist gear?

We are nowhere near kill, but no, I don't think so. You can't resist fire part AFAIK. And well, eating 13k crushing blows in SR gear in order to resist some shadow damage here and there. Ummm. Could be but I doubt.
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Elexis » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:53 am

Lovely. Standby time again.
Elexis

Postby Eender » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:00 am

Prot Paladin here is not optimal. It can be done but there will be mana issuess. No need for resist gear at all. Max Stam and armor is my advice. For those of you that don't know, only one you will be tanking is the shadow twin. It dual weilds, can crush for about 11k on full end game geared tank, and disorients. GLHF

Samsonite! Man, I was way off...
Eender

Postby Worldie » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:07 am

Mana issues with 8k+ melees?

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Rhî » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:20 am

Eender wrote:Prot Paladin here is not optimal. It can be done but there will be mana issuess. No need for resist gear at all. Max Stam and armor is my advice. For those of you that don't know, only one you will be tanking is the shadow twin. It dual weilds, can crush for about 11k on full end game geared tank, and disorients. GLHF

I do not think, that you are right. Let the Paladin begin tanking and he will be the hitted tank most of the time. We had some tries yesterday and yes, the tries where I was not the 1st tank at the beginning I was real fast oom, but I had no issues, when I'm started the fight as MT #1. After every Confounding Blow and Conflag she returned back to me, because my great threat lead above the other two tanks.

And yes, it seems, that the Twins still have the Sunwell-Effect. I was crushed, too. And Holy Shield was up.

But it is not very hard to gear the right way, because the lady is a DW-Boss and she doesn't eat up all our charges. So all we need is:
Miss + Dodge + Parry + Holy Shield + 24% DW-Malus - 5% Hit-Aura - 20% Dodge lost >=102,4%
Rhî

Postby Eender » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:25 am

Once u get in there and do the fight you will understand. Untill then, I can't divulge too much or I might spoil the fight for you =D. Like I said... It is possible, just not optimal (IN MY O P I N I O N). Doesn't mean I am right or it isn't quite doable.

Samsonite! Man, I was way off...
Eender

Postby Worldie » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:56 am

This is a forum for tactics so it's not like you cannot spoil... :)
Unless obviously you want to keep your tactix secret

Worldie
Global Mod

Next

Return to Sunwell Plateau