Remove Advertisements

Blackheart the Inciter BUG (Super easy to kill now)

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Blackheart the Inciter BUG (Super easy to kill now)

Postby Mzi » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:40 pm

Long time reader, first time poster.

I did a search of the forums and could not find anything about it.

As many of you have noticed this fight is a pain in the ass for pallys because we run OOM after the first or second MC. I'm working on my Lower City rep for the mace and I bought a bunch of mana potions so I can do this fight a couple times a day.

One run I found a very nice bug that makes this fight trivial. Start off by running up to the left side (I have not tried the right side) on the dirt mound and wiggle yourself into the nitch. Once he MC's all of the players are turned into computer AI. I'm not sure of the mechanics on why this happens but everybody is "Evade Bug'd" like a mob would and your HP and Mana are regenerated. It may be to 100% or a few percent. Every little bit helps.

Somebody else confirm this to see if I'm not going insane. I've seen it happen in about four runs. All of the groups varied from melee heavy to full ranged.
Mzi

Postby Arees » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:26 pm

If this is indeed happening then I'm sure Blizz will change it soon. In the meantime be careful doing this because it sounds to me like an exploit of game mechanics and I think Blizz would feel the same... sometimes these type of "exploits" lead to account bannings.
Arees

Postby Leviathan » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:39 pm

Yesterday something strange happened with him tho.. We were fighting him just up the platform, and all of a sudden when we had him at 25% or so he MC'ed the whole group he started spamming yells lol. And not like 4/5 times, no like 30 times. After the MC, he got his health back to 100% :S Sounds like Bugheart the Inciter to me!
Leviathan

Postby Tankadon » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:45 am

same thing happened to me about a week ago... that was really stupid.

got him to like 45% the first time, back to 100%, then to like 60% the second time back to 100%.

GG :|
Tankadon

Postby sbeacher » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:27 am

I've had him run through the doors behind him and disappear for 10 secs or so. When he came back he was at 100% health. Really annoying.

We got him down but then nobody could loot him. Opened a ticket.

4 days later finally got a response and my badge in the mail.

Probably my least favorite boss. I think he's actually easier on heroic since people will tend to be better geared.
sbeacher

Postby Easimoda » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:35 am

sbeacher wrote:I've had him run through the doors behind him and disappear for 10 secs or so. When he came back he was at 100% health.

Sorry for my useless post, but this line really made me laugh. Like, what was he doing while he was back there? Whatever it was, it "refilled" his "health"
Oramac wrote:Although it does mean that I had a TON of threat on that damn rat.
Easimoda

Postby Zeels » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:52 am

Using exploits ftl, just kill him and enjoy the game.
By the Power of Grey Skull!

Lvl 80 Spanks you very much Spankadin!

Spank
Zeels

Postby Sparti » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:38 pm

Zeels wrote:Using exploits ftl, just kill him and enjoy the game.

agree

if you can't kill blackheart

don't do shadow labs on heroic :O

Drink Time, Wimps! -- A blog.
Sparti

Location: Probably contributing to Sprint's wonderful track record of horrible customer service.

Postby mazater » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:42 am

I had a strage bug on him too, while I was running it on HC mode with my mage.

At the first or second MC, a pet bar popped up to my UI, wich had 2 skills in it, the other had the same icon as Blackheart's MC is and the other I didn't reckognize.

The pet bar even remained on my UI after blackheart was killed, but the damn buttons didnt work :(

I'll throw a screenshot of it when I get home.
mazater

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics