Armor 15406
Defense 532
Dodge 17.97%
Parry 17.62%
Block 24.84%

+Dmg Crit%
Holy 254 6.35%

http://armory.wow-europe.com/character- ... n=Doompala

This is just abit under the border of what you need to have before you offtank za, but we had good healers. so we made a full run in 2 hours and 40 min, not the best time but ok.
DoomStone

Postby Frickit » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:43 am

approximately

16k hp buffed
16k armor buffed
400 sd buffed
5k mana
about 50% avoidance and uncrushable
515 def or so...

we cleared all of kara with my new group then went to ZA...it was easy up to the first boss and then we just were stupid about how we pulled the group before Bear...so I havent tanked the bear boss yet.

either way Im surprised at how hard it is with my health and armor so low even though clearing all of kara was a piece of cake.
Frickit

Postby 2ndNin » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:06 am

Zul'aman is not the step up from Karazhan, the bear can easily out damage prince phase 2. Mind you heroics out damage that guy so...
[url=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria]Armoury Link
[/url]
2ndNin

Postby devnul » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:02 pm

To be perfectly honest, my guild has started to run ZA very recently as a weekly guild run. We have only been able to clear Bear, Bird, and Lynx so far and are currently trying to figure out how our group can take down the dragon hawk boss. Since the guild I am in is really small (read: nine people), I usually find myself off tanking and aoe tanking for our other warrior who does have better gear than myself.

Here are my specs for OT and AOE tanking:

Hp: 11787 unbuffed
Mana: 4923
Def: 497
Dodge: 20.35%
Parry: 16.89%
Block: 16.84%
Spell dam: 357

Keep in mind that we do have three really good healers in our guild. What we have found that if the everyone in the group is on the ball, we can get fairly far for not having run it as often as we run Kara and we still feel like we are making progress. It just takes a little more planning than the usual badge runs in Kara.

Hope this helps.

Vard
Kargath
devnul

Postby palouf » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:55 am

Antharas wrote:
gworroll wrote:Hmm.

Good thread, now that we've been able to drop Prince and expect to clear Kara this weekend(netherspite and nightbane are our troublespots), we are starting to look at ZA as our next step- we don't have the numbers for 25 mans.

Just for a quick check, this is the unbuffed prot stats I posted to the guild forums for our preliminary ZA standards-

14k health
14k armor
102.4% avoidance+block chance
490 defense
200 spell damage

For the unbuffed starting point, does this sound good?

should prbly be 15k+ armor

I'm raid leader and MT of my guild.
I got ~16k armor, 500 def and 350 sd unbuffed and even bear boss is a pain...
The most important thing here is the group overall...We have kara on farm since 3 weeks and we keep only a raid night to try ZA... You need 3 good healers and 5 very good dps ( kara, post-kara standards )...If your dps is average, the healers will go oom really soon.
palouf

Postby Healzorz25 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:14 am

Our first ZA run the other night this was me unbuffed (MT'ing)...

Hp: 12807
Mana: 4-5k i forget. doesnt matter much
Def: 491
Dodge: 18.73%
Parry: 16.55%
Block: 25.99%
Spell dam: 221 Spell Damage.

Don't need much. I think I have two badge pieces Libram and Belt. And two kara pieces. Bracers from Attumen and T4 hat. Other than that full blues/kara ring. Don't need a ton. I would link armory but I logged off in my lolhealing gear. :P
Healzorz25

Postby 2ndNin » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:26 am

Healzorz, how on earth did you survive? We normally run with high dps and good healers, but if the Bear boss goes badly at the wrong time I can fall below 3K health easily (15287 unbuffed health), and the bears before it often make me feel very squishie (4-6K hits ftw!). Akil'zon, Jan'alai high health / armour is less of an issue, however Halazzi and Nalorakk seem to demand high health pools.
[url=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria]Armoury Link
[/url]
2ndNin

Postby Gray » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:14 am

2ndNin wrote:Zul'aman is not the step up from Karazhan, the bear can easily out damage prince phase 2. Mind you heroics out damage that guy so...

Didnt realise he hit that hard :shock: . I usually don't even look at my health bar when tanking him since it rarely drops with our healers, but still, didn't know that
Gray

Postby Frickit » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:19 am

Frickit wrote:approximately

16k hp buffed
16k armor buffed
400 sd buffed
5k mana
about 50% avoidance and uncrushable
515 def or so...

we cleared all of kara with my new group then went to ZA...it was easy up to the first boss and then we just were stupid about how we pulled the group before Bear...so I havent tanked the bear boss yet.

either way Im surprised at how hard it is with my health and armor so low even though clearing all of kara was a piece of cake.

sig is updated and my dodge is better now and ZA has been easy we have downed Bear, eagle and we cleared to Lynx. Raid just needs some practice and we should have him down this week. Next comes dragonhawk yay!

also I was under the impression that ZA was precisely a step up from Kara as far as your ten man group is concerned. Prince phase two hits like a girl. The bear hits harder imo but still not bad at all with kara/badge gear.
Frickit

Postby Seloei » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:17 am

eagle (if people know what to do and don't wipe on storms) is comparable to prince and infernals. Those who "easy mode" cheated him will have a very hard time on eagle if they go from kara -> za, the ones who didn't can down him after a few attempts.
Bear is comparable to nightbane, but you need 2 tanks and VERY good healers (if your coming from kara that is). Just like trying nightbane at start with the tank dipping fast and hard.

The other bosses there are not so easy... sure you can down the next 2 with that level of gear, but to get HLM you would need a lot of skill to go with that gear. Doable, but very hard. Once your past hex lord... zul'jin's a joke...

It is very much possible to clear za with just leaving kara, but that would mean that you can clear kara easy in a nights run and the people you are going there know how to play well.
Skill > Gear in almost every aspect of the game.
Seloei

Postby Frickit » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:35 am

If you cannot clear Kara easily with your ten man group then you shouldnt be moving on yet anyway.
Frickit

Postby Duraz0rz » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:05 am

I OT'd Sunday with these stats:

12k hp unbuffed...~16k buffed
300ish SD
14k armor
uncrit+uncrush...~20% dodge and ~18% parry
410 BV

MT was a warrior in kara/za/2.4 badge gear. Had 20k buffed O_O.
It helps that we had 3 good healers: resto shammy, CoH priest, resto drood.

It was a smooth run altogether, although we only made one timed chest.
Duraz0rz

Postby PedroTacowalker » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:02 am

Our guild has cleared ZA as of last week. I am usually MT, or sometimes OT for fights like Jan'alai and Hex Lord, after the OT job is done I switch to healer. I agree with most the above posts, but most important is to have a group that listens and follows directions well. ZA takes a lot of coordination, much more than Kara.

I would say 15000 unbuffed for the MT for anything beyond the first two bosses.
PedroTacowalker

Postby Bobness » Fri May 02, 2008 4:09 am

After a little bit of advice regarding the best Setup for 1st time Tanking Zul'aman, both setups are uncrittable & Uncrushable

Setup1 Unbuffed:

HP 14.1k
AC 17k
Dodge 25.64
Parry 16.28
Block 16.41
Pure Avoidance 53.21
SPDmg 300

Setup2 Unbuffed:

HP 14.6K
AC 17k
Dodge 23.64
Parry 16.28
Block 16.41
Pure Avoidance 51.21
SPDmg 300

The difference is switching Moroes Lucky Pocketwatch For The Goblin Rocket Launcher

So is it worth having an additional 500hp vs 2% Dodge + the on use ability ?
Bobness

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri May 02, 2008 4:35 am

Keep the watch. I find a 2% dodge more useful than 500~ hp on the trinket slots, and the use effect is sweeeeeet for bear and lynx. You can actually time it well to use it when you actually need.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Zul'aman