Remove Advertisements

Heroic Mech woes

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby sweeney » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:26 pm

Your 5-man team should head into Heroic Slave Pens -- it's straightforward without any real gimmicks on bosses. This means after you guys clean house, a light may pop on in their heads in terms of how much knowing the instance helps. It'll also be a nice break, since it goes so smoothly.
Sweeney: 80 Paladin, Runetotem
sweeney

Postby Cearn » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:41 am

ldeboer wrote:[...]BUT IF IT DOES GET CHARGED FIST UP .... MOVE

Gets me why a tank would actually stand there to take the hit.

Or if you do take the initial hit move so healer has time to heal you its simply going to chase you and it moves relatively slow :)

Without at least one point in PoJ you can't outrun a destroyer.
At least I can't.
(Frisbee or other slows work)
Cearn

Postby sweeney » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:31 pm

Or runspeed to boots, of course.
Sweeney: 80 Paladin, Runetotem
sweeney

Postby guillex » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:41 pm

Or if you do take the initial hit move so healer has time to heal you its simply going to chase you and it moves relatively slow :)

Uh... mana please? kthx!
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Frickit » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:28 pm

mana is nice but it is the case where either the tank or the healer simply arnt leet and those charged fists will kill the squishy or surprise the healer. only happend to me once when I was new with a Pug healer who Im sure was legally blind.
Frickit

Postby ldeboer » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:38 am

Cearn wrote:

Without at least one point in PoJ you can't outrun a destroyer.
At least I can't.
(Frisbee or other slows work)

As I recall (I dont have to move these days)

while he is charging his fists he cant move cause he is casting
when he has charged fists he cant move and use the lightning effect

At all other times he moves normally

I could do these guys with 10.6K HP but i remember I had to walk them.

Edit: looks like a guildie wants suneater so heading there tonight I will play with them and confirm exactly
Last edited by ldeboer on Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
ldeboer

Postby ldeboer » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:44 am

Guillex wrote:

Uh... mana please? kthx!

Gratz your dead but you do have full mana :)
ldeboer

Postby Brickhouse » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:04 am

I am sure you are many times through with Mech hero...

But, really +800 healing is VERY light (probably not enough), unless you are fully epic geared tank. More importantly, however, is "knowing" what is going on =)

This is not just your responsibility (but get used to it, everyone always looks to the tank, when no one has any idea what is going on), but the groups.

On those destroyers, need SOMEONE in the group that can interrupt. I know Hammer of Justice works, and certainly kicks and earth shocks work to. I have not bothered to try Arcane torrent. The easiest way to handle them, is just interrupt.

Worse case scenario, it is worse for the melee =) Your healer should know that you could potentially take HUGE spike damage if no one interrupts, so they should be ready to shield + greater heal, or natures swiftness big heal, or whatever. +800 add heal is pretty weak, but that would be the MINIMUM I would expect to be passable, if the rest of the group was sound, e. g. interrupting, etc.

If you can do one Heroic, you can in theory, do all of them - but you have to just learn the different encounters, counters, etc..What separates hard from easy heroics is this simple fact. The harder ones have more niches, whereas the easy ones are simple tank and spank.

The 2nd boss, yeah, she is a real pain. I have also had groups in my life time that could not down her. The real trick is that EVERYONE moves. If your dps is dead, then, well, you can't harm her, and eventually you will fail =) It is not realistic that a healer can heal (no matter how good) dumb people standing in the fires.

As you already know, this boss does not hit us very hard. She is a gimp. The only thing that she does that is annoying, is that dragon's head, which drops aggro. Everyone just need to move...move..and move.

best case scenario is a priest or Druid healer...but any good healer will do.

good luck.
Brickhouse

Postby ldeboer » Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:43 pm

ldeboer wrote:
Cearn wrote:

<snip>

Edit: looks like a guildie wants suneater so heading there tonight I will play with them and confirm exactly

Had a play infact I was dancing at one point much to laughter of group

1. Destroyer can not move while charging fist
2. The discharge is close channeled effect

If he chases you he cant use the charge, if he uses charge he cant chase you.

He does a bit of both but the effect of even taking two paces backward is significantly less damage.

Agree with other comments that you best being correctly geared or having someone who can interrupt but it is doable if you move.

You can not rely on you being the only interrupt the CD on your HOJ is simply too long and he charges much shorter than that period.
ldeboer

Postby Pane » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:47 am

Dunno if this still works since I haven't run mech in about 9 months or more, but this is how we Used To do it in my old guild.

skip fire lady at first, clear gauntlet, kill end boss

then go back for her, tank wades up to agro, then everyone sprints towards the room of the end-boss.

the elementals are much, much slower than the boss, so you can have her dead by the time they get there.
Pane

Postby ldeboer » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:20 am

Pane wrote:Dunno if this still works since I haven't run mech in about 9 months or more, but this is how we Used To do it in my old guild.

skip fire lady at first, clear gauntlet, kill end boss

then go back for her, tank wades up to agro, then everyone sprints towards the room of the end-boss.

the elementals are much, much slower than the boss, so you can have her dead by the time they get there.

Nope doesnt work anymore she evades moment she touches the glass panel that forms the gauntlet walkway to last boss room
ldeboer

Postby Pane » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:29 am

ldeboer wrote:Nope doesnt work anymore she evades moment she touches the glass panel that forms the gauntlet walkway to last boss room

That's a damn shame -.-
Pane

Postby Yinramu » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:35 pm

Fire Lady: she really doesn't hit very hard, it's her elemental damage that can really screw you up as a tank. She's the only heroic boss that I wear resist gear for - because I cannot tank her effectively and run from an elemental. Just a few "of fire resistance" greens and a trinket swap or two to keep my defense up, and I'm good to go. The difference is noticeable in the amount of damage you take.

I've also done melee dps in this fight (as an enhance shaman). I had some fire resist gear made for Al'ar, so I decided to try that out in that fight as well (since it had worked so well as a tank). The elementals really did not hurt that much when they got a hit off - I became easier to heal, and was still able to do an appreciable amount of dps.

The last thing that helps this fight is to make sure everyone is kiting in the same direction, and has at least someplace to try to go when they're not kiting.

I like to tank her in the middle back of the room against the wall (to help minimize the knockback aggro loss), and have my ranged dps/heals go to the platform she starts on when they don't have aggro from an elemental.
Yinramu

Postby Rykis » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:55 am

Woah, this thread is still alive?

The other day my group did heroic mech and we killed her. As someone suggested, she does not hit very hard. Everyone just needs to learn to run away from the elementals. They move slow you just need a mindful eye.

The rest of the dungeon was a piece of cake now that we got the hang of it. When the destroyers were doing their charged fist we'd used our fel hunter alternating with hammer of justice. I noticed that if I delayed the hammer of justice until after he got the charged fist buff it would last pretty much through it. This seems to extend the time you don't get attacked.

Word of advice for new tankadins trying this. Bring some stamina buffs.
Rykis

Postby guillex » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:47 am

ldeboer wrote:
Guillex wrote:

Uh... mana please? kthx!

Gratz your dead but you do have full mana :)

I've sat through Charged Fists. Depends on your healer, your avoidance, and how crazynutsfacemonkey your group is.

*shrugs*

Haven't ever died to 'em before. Never will.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

PreviousNext

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics