AoE mode in omen 2 doesnt work

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

AoE mode in omen 2 doesnt work

Postby Andox » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:29 pm

Hello!

Earlier this day me and some guildies steamrolled almost half of the heroics to get some badges to buy gear with as our anvil is almost created. I thought about the idea to try the AoE mode in omen 2, I`ve heard that it would crash computers if you turned it on in Hyjal, so I havn´t tried it there.

When we came to shattered halls i decided to try it, i thought that it wouldnt crash the system because it was only around 6 mobs there. But when i turn it on nothing happends, a blank page appears! What to do here? After that failed try I used the aoe mode in hyjal, but no threat bars there either.

Back to SH. Cuz of the lack of a aoe threatmeter I decided to use the overwiew mode that worked pretty well infact, i saw the other ppls threat.

Do the other players have to click the aoe button before I can see their threat or am I doing something wrong here?
Andox

Postby Garov » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:43 pm

I first tried AE mode on Tidewalker. As far as I know AE mode doesn't work. Probably something that's still getting worked on.
Garov

Postby Thanehand » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:31 am

I've had this working before, but its not working for me atm.

It was working for a warlock friend of mine, he'd made some tweaks somewhere...

It seems to actually work (at least on mine), provided you start the fight with it on, and you can read all the bars on top of each other. This is the thing thats not working for me atm: the bars aren't expanding.
ImageImage
Thanehand

Postby Andox » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:04 am

Ok, then I will start the next fight with it on and see how it is working. This isn´t really that needed for me, much more needed for mages and warlocks. They can decrease their threat, I can´t increase my threat if I´m going all out with wings, max rank consecration and spell flask + oils.
Andox

Postby Invisusira » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:11 am

Omen 2 in general doesn't really work - unless everyone's on the same version, you'll typically only have a couple people showing up for you. It updates a few times a day, hopefully it'll get all fixed up soon.
Invisusira

Postby Andox » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:31 am

Bleh, didn´t work when I entered battle wit hAoE mode on
Andox

Postby guillex » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:33 am

I wouldn't worry so much about it at the moment. They're still tweaking things, and probably making changes to Threat-2.0.

Just chill out for now, use the regular mode, and check it out every once in a while.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:33 am

I tried Omen2 AOE mode in Hyjal. Hello, .25 FPS. It'll be nice when this is fixed.

We ritualistically have the entire raid update to the same version of Omen before the first pull.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Bellic » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:13 pm

We've had issues with omen in general. If everyone is not on the same version they may or may not talk to each other. I ran Kara only seeing my threat, although everyone else was able to see the whole raid.
Bellic - 70
Greymane
Bellic

Postby honorshammer » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:26 pm

I miss KTM.
honorshammer

Postby QuantumDelta » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:47 pm

Cuz threat meters that were /NEVER/ accurate apart from on or for an individual target that had no other units named similar and no non-speech event agro resets or similar were always useful, right?

Omen's fine 99% of the time, as long as you follow the simple advice Invisusira suggested.

AoE mode is still being worked on AFAIK tweaks are still being added for it, whether it's ever truly viable I'm not sure but it'll be really nice to have a dedicated AoE mode.

I'm not actually entirely sure the framework can handle AoE mode, WoW just isn't designed for that kind of process throughput.
nani shini umareta no? nani shini koko ni iru?
ikinokoritai, umaranai kizum, hikari osoreteta
QuantumDelta

Postby Invisusira » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:59 pm

Guillex wrote:I wouldn't worry so much

THATS BECAUSE YOU NEVER PLAY
Invisusira

Postby Malecandra » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:42 am

Bellic wrote:We've had issues with omen in general. If everyone is not on the same version they may or may not talk to each other. I ran Kara only seeing my threat, although everyone else was able to see the whole raid.

This issue is easily fixed. Run: "/omen versioncheck all" and make everyone who is listed as "incompatible" update their omen.
Malecandra

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros