Remove Advertisements

Heroic Setthek Halls Final boss

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Re: Heroic Setthek Halls Final boss

Postby ldeboer » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:42 pm

Exodius wrote:Greetings all. I've tanked most heroics fine without having any trouble. I was having trouble though on the last boss of heroic Setthek...

There were two things wrong...

Firstly, we had a discipline priest relatively new to healing. We managed to get up to the final boss alright, but him lacking CoH really did hampen the fight. :(

The second is what the boss does after his explosion...

He teleports and begins to cast arcane explosion. Everyone runs around behind a pillar and blocks line of sight. All good so far.

After this, he aggro dumps and randomly targets someone.

Now here is where the problem is.

A second later, he targets a second random player as a polymorph target.

My taunts almost always got the polymorph target. As they are not the real target, he will still go for the player he wants to rather than me, and by that time they likely have caused aggro themselves to keep them on more than what a judged righteousness will do.

So the "real" target of the aggro dump gets killed as my taunt is still on cooldown and I can't get the boss off them.

After that it's just a matter of attrition. We run out of people before the boss dies, and I am left to futilely try and break his mana shield unsucessfully. :(

Am I missing something? Is there some trick with consercrate or self healing or something that will be more reliable than what I was trying to do?

In the end I swapped to my CoH priest, the priest swapped to his rogue, and a warlock swapped to his warrior. After a warm up attempt we got him down.

Still, I feel this fight should be doable and I was just missing some trick to pick him up. Any tips?

What I do is tank him in the middle where he stands prob a bit fwd cause he runs towards you on pull. All the dps casters go to near a designated pole either left or right at the front.

He teleports to them he and begins explosion they run around the back of that pole I run directly to the back of that pole. If they stand towards the back of the pole but still have LOS when he goes there the safe side is 45 degree towards you and the side wall its not a long run.

(I always had in the back of my mind if I was going to be late to bubble and run straight at him then consecrate ... never had to try it yet!)

Explosion goes off he targets someone they are standing right next to you :)

Walk between him and the party and drop consecrate .. and sometimes I can even get LOS on him and shield him.

I never use taunt unless I have lost him and he is whacking on someone its not like he is going to kill even a clothie in 1 blow.

I think what we are really saying is dont ever be at another pole from your party be at the same pole it prob doesnt matter how you do it.
ldeboer

Postby kensanity » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:58 am

Today was my first time ever tanking the last boss in h sethekk. I had roughly 14.7k life buffef and had a druid healing me. We didn't wipe at all and this is what I did. Instead of tanking him in the room where he spawns, tank him in the room right before it. Had a hunter md to me and every party membwer was stacked on me, out of los. Frontload as much threat as u can and just tank. When he ports for the explosion, all party members run behind the doorway. After explosion misses dps waits for me to pick up aggro (through judge righteousness and avengers shield) the one tricky thing is when he polys, typically I let him cast poly and just cleanse his target asap. U should be first on threat always. I had 300 or so spelldamage so this might be situational. If for some reason aggro doesn't comwe back to u, then rd foloowed by judge seal of righteous ness and maybe even AS. U should get threat back. if u focus on being the only threat producer immediatlwey after the explosion, u should be fine. I highly recommend tanking him in the room before his. I really feel that it made this heroic fight quite simple. Either that or I'm just uber tank lol (prolly not). I really feel that having the tank pay attention to cleansing poly alleviates lots of duties for both dps and healers. Its a simple target of target plus hotkey. :)
kensanity

Postby tankadin » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:11 am

So this one time when I was about to bone my girlfriend... there was this heroic MGT, and we failed... and then she said there was no way.
tankadin
Maintankadonor

Postby ldeboer » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:40 pm

kensanity wrote:Today was my first time ever tanking the last boss in h sethekk. I had roughly 14.7k life buffef and had a druid healing me. We didn't wipe at all and this is what I did. Instead of tanking him in the room where he spawns, tank him in the room right before it. Had a hunter md to me and every party membwer was stacked on me, out of los. Frontload as much threat as u can and just tank. When he ports for the explosion, all party members run behind the doorway. After explosion misses dps waits for me to pick up aggro (through judge righteousness and avengers shield) the one tricky thing is when he polys, typically I let him cast poly and just cleanse his target asap. U should be first on threat always. I had 300 or so spelldamage so this might be situational. If for some reason aggro doesn't comwe back to u, then rd foloowed by judge seal of righteous ness and maybe even AS. U should get threat back. if u focus on being the only threat producer immediatlwey after the explosion, u should be fine. I highly recommend tanking him in the room before his. I really feel that it made this heroic fight quite simple. Either that or I'm just uber tank lol (prolly not). I really feel that having the tank pay attention to cleansing poly alleviates lots of duties for both dps and healers. Its a simple target of target plus hotkey. :)

When you say the room do you mean the corridor or the large room before it.

If you are in the large room I offer a huge warning about this tactic there is a reset line about 1/3 of the way down this room for the boss. It's closer to his room than the other and if he crosses it by you moving or teleports next to a dps standing past it to do his arcane thing he will evade.

If I am the only one left standing cause nubs die I will usually bubble and run to it to reset him so I can rez the party.
ldeboer

Postby kensanity » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:01 pm

when i say other room i mean corridor. The farthest away from the room anyone should ever be is the corner adjacent to the corridor. Its jsut a matter of jumping to the other side of the corridor corner when he beings to cast explosion. Well, at least thats how it worked for me.
kensanity

Postby Verb » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:42 am

My team just did this yesterday, since it was the daily.

Tankadin
arc/fire mage
resto sham
BM hunter
SL/SL lock

We had trouble the first time, but then the warlock had the bright idea to stack next to a pillar. This let us walk about 3 yards to the right to get out of LoS, and I just waited until he was in melee or close to taunt.

Smooth sailing, as much as that boss ever is, I suppose.

I really enjoy how I don't need the boss in my LOS to taunt him :D
Verb

Postby ldeboer » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:58 pm

Verb wrote:My team just did this yesterday, since it was the daily.

Tankadin
arc/fire mage
resto sham
BM hunter
SL/SL lock

We had trouble the first time, but then the warlock had the bright idea to stack next to a pillar. This let us walk about 3 yards to the right to get out of LoS, and I just waited until he was in melee or close to taunt.

Smooth sailing, as much as that boss ever is, I suppose.

I really enjoy how I don't need the boss in my LOS to taunt him :D

Aye that's what we were saying it doesnt matter how you do it dont get seperated from your party.
ldeboer

Postby Aerfalle » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:46 pm

Have him targeted before the explosion to taunt earlier.

I always taunt him to get him back and have never had a problem.

People die to this boss though, it's just the nature of it.
Aerfalle

Previous

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics