Remove Advertisements

Heroic Black Stalker - Underbog

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Re: Heroic Black Stalker - Underbog

Postby ldeboer » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:38 pm

Honorshammer wrote:I'm looking for Strat help for killing Black Stalker in Underbog.

We are running into 2 problems.

Problem 1. When the tank is levitated Black Stalker will wonder over and start kiilling healers and dps

Problem 2. When the adds spawn, they like to kill our healers and dps.

Never ever ever been lifted

I believe you only get levitated if you are second on the agro table

edit: Just checked on wowwiki
"It is usually the second person on threat list that gets levitated."

If its at the onset of the engagement tell your healer not to heal you so early if its later I assume a mage or a lock wasnt watching there dmg meter

Remember casters can be up to %130 your agro on table and not pull it but you are second on table and I believe up you will go.

My suggestion is invest in more spell dmg.

As for adds I always tank towards left wall dropping consecrate which picks up the two adds directly there. The party is near the entry/evade point that makes me the closest target for most of the adds which the party ignores.

Thats it never fails.
ldeboer

Postby 2ndNin » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:34 am

Tank regularly gets picked up, I am rarely 2nd on the aggro list.

Cleanse yourself, and taunt the boss back, is the solution to being levitated.

Taunt the adds onto yourself.
[url=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria]Armoury Link
[/url]
2ndNin

Postby Cearn » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:11 am

Be sure you have enough health when cleansing, i killed myself with falldamage a couple of times.
"Swimming" towards the Stalker (down) and taunting worked for me on most cases as well. Her hitbox seems to go up to a tiny bit below initial levitation height.
Cearn

Postby guillex » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:13 am

I've been levitated before ... he always sticks to me ... make sure you frontload a SHIT TON of aggro on the pull.

You should be fine with a normal rotation after that.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby spiky_porcupine » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:00 am

Cleansing is really not the way since it doesn't work 100% of the times. You can get lifted back up right away and healer gets 1 shotted after. It is not based on aggro either because I have gotten levitated when I outgear the rest of my group and is doing 900tps while rest are doing 600-700 tps.

Like I said before, the BEST way is to get under the 2nd mushroom on the left wall when you enter after you pull the boss. You cannot jump up at all under there if you want to test it. You won't pull the boss from there either so u can test it before pulling.

What happens when u're under that mushroom is that when you're levitated, you'll just be like 1 cm off the ground and still have the boss stick to you, healer in range, DPS in range, and be able to tauntt adds off healers when needed. Fail proof. If you get lifted, that means you're not under the mushroom properly.
Spikybunny:
Level 70 Draenai Protection Paladin
Spirestone
spiky_porcupine

Postby Brenna » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:17 am

The couple of times I tanked regular UB (haven't tried heroic yet), it seemed like cleansing just made things worse, and I ended up getting thrown crazily around, landing way out of the room on the other side from everyone else. I'll have to try the method of wedging myself under a mushroom.
Brenna

Postby Willy-Willy » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:05 pm

Actually, I was killing (or at least inflicting some dmg to the) adds as we nuked the boss... When UB heroic daily pops up, I usually go with a premade party of hunter/frost mage/holy paladin... the 3rd DPS is a pick from people we know and worked with before, and most of the times, he's ranged.

As the tank, my main request to hunters is to redirect traffic my way - when adds start spawning, just as mentioned earlier, the hunter multi-shots them and redirects them my way; then, the mage pops a frost nova and I consecrate as usual... With two cleanses, mine and the healer's, getting down is rarely a problem - in fact, in 3 runs so far, I used the Frisbee only once while airborn. I'm not impenetrable - throw some dmg onto me, and I will kick the bucket... but the adds aren't that big of a fuss, and since it makes the DPS happy/less concerned if the adds are concentrating on the tank, I'm tanking anything that enters my AoE range. The things I do to keep people calm... :roll:
Last edited by Willy-Willy on Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
'The world is grown so bad, that wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.'
Willy-Willy

Postby ldeboer » Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:06 pm

2ndNin wrote:Tank regularly gets picked up, I am rarely 2nd on the aggro list.

Cleanse yourself, and taunt the boss back, is the solution to being levitated.

Taunt the adds onto yourself.

Wow this is weird

I would say I have done this instance 20 times in heroic

I have never been lifted
I always had the adds

Yet others get lifted and report no adds ... very strange

I do like the mushroom idea :)
ldeboer

Postby 2ndNin » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:29 am

I normally get lifted once or twice by him (he stopped picking on the dps and healers it seems :( ). Cleanse can get you thrown across the room, but run back and taunt, he hits like a small child, the add damage is much worse barring his chain lightning thingy.
[url=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria]Armoury Link
[/url]
2ndNin

Postby Tyaera » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:00 am

Guillex wrote:I've always made sure to just keep my threat ... he pounds on me even when I'm in the air.

*shrug*

Easy peasy.

yeah, i think what is actually happening is that while you're in the air generating no threat, the DPSers are still burning as if you are generating threat. you either need a huge aggro lead for them to be able to do that, or they need to back off.
better to tank in hell than DPS in heaven
Tyaera

Postby Yinramu » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:28 am

Arcand wrote:
Yinramu wrote:I've found they spawn too quickly to be dealt with effectively.

The WoWhead writeup on this fight, which some of us consulted when we first met this evil boss,
used to say* that for every add you kill, two more spawn.

I have no idea if that's true, because everybody just grits their teeth and ignores the adds,
but I would bet that claim influenced the strategies that some people came up with and continue to use.

* Still does. And the comment has a +13 rating, making it green, making it eye-catching to new visitors.

I've only briefly read the wow-wiki strategy when I first started doing these bosses. I know, that at least for a mage and rogue in kara gear switching off to the adds, that they spawned too quickly to take down and still keep up appreciable dps on the boss itself.
Yinramu

Postby antiy4ho0 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:30 am

I've been running Heroic UB pretty much daily the last week trying to get easy badges. Blackstalker seems like the most random boss. Levitate seems random. I'm normally #1 on threat, but theres times when I've been running with T5 DPS and I'm sure they were in that 100-129% space.

I've had no adds spawn before. I've had up to 8 spawn before I died.

I still can't figure out a good place to tank the guy. I've had him reset twice on me in the last couple of days because hes randomly tossed me across the room clear out of the room. Taken him from 4% to 45% before I could get back into battle range. I'll definitely have to try that mushroom spot, might just be my answer to getting tossed out of his range.

I got to say I love UB because the variety of the pulls. Lots of stuff where us tankadins shine in it even if it is pretty much easy mode after the Underbog Giants before Hungarfen (and now that I have Moroes' pocket watch I haven't died there since.) but I hate Blackstalker just because the fight seems random.
antiy4ho0

Postby guillex » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:52 am

Tyaera wrote:
Guillex wrote:I've always made sure to just keep my threat ... he pounds on me even when I'm in the air.

*shrug*

Easy peasy.

yeah, i think what is actually happening is that while you're in the air generating no threat, the DPSers are still burning as if you are generating threat. you either need a huge aggro lead for them to be able to do that, or they need to back off.

Not generating threat?

I keep consecrate down the entire time, I believe I block hits (can't remember), and he still sticks to me like glue... My sd isn't that impressive either.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Previous

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics