How painful is Kaz'rogal?

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Worldie » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:21 am

Rofl no, not really.

Armory is bugged, shows everyone (including allyes) in Boulderfist with LR tag. As far as i know LR have already got a full t6 tankadin anyway (Sodomhytical, formerly Hammerstorm) so i don't see why should they need me, and also i would not survive that kind of hardcore raiding atm :)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby enbee » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:12 am

hah, nice bug -_-

And I'm positive they don't run a full time tankadin, they're pretty mean to their hybrids! :<
LoL, a paladin tank!
enbee

Postby Worldie » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:28 am

He says he usually runs as ret actually.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby strydaris » Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:13 pm

As to the OPs question of "How painful is Kaz'rogal?"

THIS is how painful he is to our guild and its getting pretty ridiculous. Our first Kaz kill was on Dec. 6th, 2007. It is now March 12th, 2008 and we have YET to see a shield drop. In case you guys want to know the math on that, its been almost 15 weeks since our first kill on him and no shield..... MAKES ME WANNA PUNCH BABIES!! well in all fairness I guess the 2-3 weeks we had off from raiding due to the holidays shouldnt be counted in. So in reality its been 12 weeks and no shield drop... /sigh good thing our MT is using the BT trash SD shield or our progression would be nowhere... lawl /cry!!
strydaris

Postby Morganim » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:59 pm

strydaris wrote:As to the OPs question of "How painful is Kaz'rogal?"

THIS is how painful he is to our guild and its getting pretty ridiculous. Our first Kaz kill was on Dec. 6th, 2007. It is now March 12th, 2008 and we have YET to see a shield drop. In case you guys want to know the math on that, its been almost 15 weeks since our first kill on him and no shield..... MAKES ME WANNA PUNCH BABIES!! well in all fairness I guess the 2-3 weeks we had off from raiding due to the holidays shouldnt be counted in. So in reality its been 12 weeks and no shield drop... /sigh good thing our MT is using the BT trash SD shield or our progression would be nowhere... lawl /cry!!

Lol
we had 1 on first kill (went to MT), then first illidan had the bulwark drop (went to me) and the past 2 weeks both warrior OT's got a KHH.

lol pwnt :P
Morganim

Postby Strom » Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:08 am

We had our first attempt on Kaz last night. We got him to 25%. It was late or we would have killed him. This boss is very tankable by a paladin. I did it and didnt even need to drink one mana pot. I was in a group with a shadow priest, but no other precautions were taken.

I wouldnt stack too much dodge here though. I ran with ~48% avoidance and it seemed to be the right number.
Strom

Postby Slamdorff » Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:48 am

Lawl boss. Down in first try. All was dead at 8%. NPCs handled the rest. Nobody released and priest used SS at 1% - which wasn't even needed if I understand mechanics right.

I must say after trying for weeks to kill Vashj its a pleasure to get a freebie to MH/BT. We have downed 3 first bosses in both in 2 resets.

No shield though. DPS plate belt and cloth caster boots if I remember right.
Slamdorff

Postby Lakirby » Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:18 am

2 shields from 3 kills on Kaz... MT got the first, I got the second. Maybe we're just freakishly lucky.
<Shadows of Eternity> - Kilrogg EU - 5/5 MH 9/9 BT
Retiring 11/07/08 - Tanking to the bitter end.
Lakirby

Postby Dragonzbane » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:26 pm

strydaris wrote:As to the OPs question of "How painful is Kaz'rogal?"

10 weeks since our first kill.

0 Shields.

I'll probably get the Bullwurk (on Illidan ATM) before I see one; aside from on every random tank on my server who's guild couldn't beat Vashj or Kael but jumped into Hyjal anyway.
Dragonzbane

Postby Jaedyn » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:53 am

Little tip on this guy:

Up until this boss I've been pretty happy with stacking avoidance for trash and bosses with no really bad experiance. My guild goes balls to the wall with AOE on trash, we barely CC anything, maybe the random necro or Banshee and I usually hold all but maybe one abom on the really shitty waves.

Got to this boss Thursday, did our first real attempt on him after having some simply retarded issues with our ranged dps killing gargoyles.

Pull him, agro warriors, check. Agro Thrall, check.

Mark one hits, I get low, pop a mana pot.

Mark two hits...pots on CD and I'm OOM and blow up along with our enhance shaman. Now it's worth noting I probably would have survived me blowing up without the shaman nuking me too right as a stomp came but still...

I went back checked the combat logs over the last 10 attacks. Up til the stomp/crush while stomp that killed me I had a very (un)lucky 9 dodge/parried or missed attacks.

Be a friend to your melee, wear BV/Stam gear like you would for Gruul.

P.S. - I'm rolling 28% dodge / 18% Parry with 11.4% miss raid buffed in my normal avoidance setup.
Jaedyn

Postby Worldie » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:53 pm

Mmm to explode at mark 2 is very "unlucky". The few times i tanked him for fun, i risked exploding only at mark 6+

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby ehly » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:22 pm

I tanked him for the first time. Put on my old kara holy dmg/mp5 cloak, and one mp5 trinket. I only risked blowing up once ~2mins in, I drank 1 mana pot. He was dead before I had a chance to drink a second.

No shield for us...yet.
ehly

Postby Tekkel » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:46 am

Hmm I've tanked it, Not doing it again rly as I will have a nightfall crafted today and just shove that up his ass while keeping up jow. Think we have had 4 shields drop since 31st of Jan.

All in all been pretty lucky with tank drops on the progression so far.
Tekkel

Postby Dazhbog » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:33 am

Tanked it tonight, no real problems, although i started exploding at around 20% pretty much with every mark.

Of course, I forgot to make a "Kaz" set before hand and just slapped on my basic MT gear, which is ~51% avoidance, which seems a bit much. Also, he hits like a wimp (6k crushings) so I don't mind leaving HS down after a burn to get a bit of mana.
Dazhbog

Postby Divineseal » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:19 pm

I know I'm holy atm, I go holy over the weekends for arenas.

My guild runs MH on Friday nights and I was one of the tanks. I was trying out a new spec and even though they said get in my DPS gear I have more mana in tanking than DPS gear so I put on my threat set so I could see how much TPS I could put out when not getting hit. My total avoidance was 100.32% so I was crushable by a little more than 2% (this probably saved the raid anyways).

What happened was the warrior who was soupposed to tank him got hit 6 times with only 3 hot ticks going off in the first 10 sec of the fight. Not sure what happened to our healers but a druid got smashed before I established agro on him.

If any pallys are wondering what it's like to tank him here's basically what happened.

For the first ~1 min of the fight I had unlimited mana so if you ever tank this guy for whatever reason, pop Wings and go for a Max TPS rotation. The Damage you take is enough to regen the mana you use. After 1 min my mana started going down so I started poping mana pots on cooldown. I reduced my threat to a 10-sec rotation: Holy Shield, Concecrate, Judge, Re-Seal every 10 secs. This still was using more mana than I was regaining. By 5% I was hovering around 750 mana. It would drain down to 250, then get a heal and it'd go back up to 750. I was trying to use as little mana as possible by this point. I had plenty of lead on the DPS, the high threat people (hunters, rogues and locks) all wiped their agro giving me plenty of room. At one point I droped to 100 mana and I used LoH to bring me back up to 900. When he died I had 7 mana left. I probably wouldn't have survived the mana burning if I hadn't gotten crushed twice in the last 5% which was substantial healing and mana return.

Just thought you should know. It is deffinatly better to have someone else tank but if you need to it is possible.

Note: I didn't have his Drain on me when I used LoH. I did watch my mana when I did and it droped to 0 for a split second then jumped back up to 900. I do not know if using LoH while the mana drain debuff is on you will cause you to explode or not. If anyone knows I'd like to know.
Level 70 Blood Elf Protection Pally on Deathwing
Divineseal

PreviousNext

Return to Mt. Hyjal