Remove Advertisements

"Crush immune" but...

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

"Crush immune" but...

Postby Xariann » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:26 am

I was looking at my ability to be Crush Immune. Without Dabiri's enigma, I am 2% away from being Crush Immune (i.e. 100%), when I use Dabiri or redoubt procs, I am Crush Immune,

Then I looked at the damage my block stops, and that's like 162. I have 518 to 522 def (depending on what helm I use), about 12.3k HP and that's OK I guess for Kara.

But when I look at the block value I want to cry.

If a Crush Blow hits me for 7k and I block 162... what use being Crush Immune? (Since Block is the thing that has the highest % when I get Crush Immune). Or does the Crush Blow just doesn't happen and the boss will hit normally because I am blocking?

I'd like some enlightenment.

Of course I know about dodge and parry, I am specifically talking about when I block.
Xariann

Postby Worldie » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:38 am

The use for crush immune is that when you block the hit will not be a crushing at all, but deal damage like a normal hit... - block value, obviously.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Re: "Crush immune" but...

Postby Pizbit » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:48 am

Xariann wrote:I was looking at my ability to be Crush Immune. Without Dabiri's enigma, I am 2% away from being Crush Immune (i.e. 100%), when I use Dabiri or redoubt procs, I am Crush Immune,

Then I looked at the damage my block stops, and that's like 162. I have 518 to 522 def (depending on what helm I use), about 12.3k HP and that's OK I guess for Kara.

But when I look at the block value I want to cry.

If a Crush Blow hits me for 7k and I block 162... what use being Crush Immune? (Since Block is the thing that has the highest % when I get Crush Immune). Or does the Crush Blow just doesn't happen and the boss will hit normally because I am blocking?

I'd like some enlightenment.

Of course I know about dodge and parry, I am specifically talking about when I block.

102.4% for crush immune.
Block pushes crushing blows off the table. You don't block a crushing, you just have enough block to reduce the chance of being crushed to Zero.

See this sticky: http://www.failsafedesign.com/maintanka ... .php?t=331
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby djellum » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:55 am

what was said above.

Also you could easily be crush immune. replace some of the defense with block rating gear since it goes farthest toword crush immunity.

replace the regal protectorate with figurine of the collosus would work good. prob the best bet is to get the green shoulders from netherstorm (nexus-guard pauldrons) since its a quest item and easy to get.

your also gemmed for bonuses, drop the bonus on the helm and belt (at least) and replace with the gems you need for uncrush, or stam if you can get uncrush with other stuff. get the dodge inscription and/or the dodge enchant on your cloak. 120 armor doesnt mean squat compaired to being crushed. just in gems you can add 40 dodge rating which is right at 2% towords uncrush and all you sacrifice is about 200hp, well worth it. Most ppl gear for uncrush and gem for stam but if you are needing to be uncrush the quickest way is to regem and enchant for it.

djellum

Postby Xariann » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:20 am

I literally just did the dodge enchant before reading this (didn't know there was one). So as I thought, blocking actually allows you to be hit normally instead of crushing.

And for the figurine I guess I need to farm Shattered Halls. *sigh* Can do it normal, never tried heroic, but either way it should drop.

I was trying to stack up some spell damage since I am OK with aggro usually, but I often play with full epicced people (my Paladin is my alt too) so sometimes I need to make more efforts to keep aggro, though it isn't a huge issue right now. Yes I am using oils, and I know about the S1 mace, but I like the block on my sword right now. I'll change it when I can get more avoidance from the rest of the gear.

Anyhow, thanks for the tips, good job my main is a JCer :P
Xariann

Postby Worldie » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:37 pm

Dependin on the people you play with, for t4-s1 people you should need 200ish spelldamage, t5ish i'd say 300, t6+ you probably need 400 or better spelldam. I nowadays run with 540 unbuffed and still menage to get overaggroed sometimes.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

spell dmg

Postby djellum » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:27 pm

if you regem Your only down about 15-20 spell dmg to increase your avoidance a lot. I know your trying to push as much as you can for the dps, but taking crushes is prob not worth the extra threat from 20 spell dmg. they will have to slow down anyway if there that powerfull, and should know that already.

djellum

Re: spell dmg

Postby Xariann » Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:17 pm

djellum wrote:if you regem Your only down about 15-20 spell dmg to increase your avoidance a lot. I know your trying to push as much as you can for the dps, but taking crushes is prob not worth the extra threat from 20 spell dmg. they will have to slow down anyway if there that powerfull, and should know that already.

Yeah, I was thinking that. Well, I am now 1% closer to CB immune, too bad I got to go to bed now, damn work...

But I'll finish off with regemming.

To be honest though sometimes I really just think it's a matter of playstyle. If you hunter are taking ages to get a mob off me to trap it, then you probably should know that it means you built a lot of threat on it. Which means that maybe FDing as I am about to break your trap, as I do on my hunter, would save my Righteous Defense for real emergency situations... That's just one example...

Anyhoo... Bed time...
Xariann

Postby Xariann » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:30 pm

Woop! Crush immune now. 102.5% avoidance with Holy Shield, changed a couple of gems and swapped the 150 health enchant with the def enchant I got from being friendly with the Shattered Sun.

Will replace some dodge gems with parry when my gear is upgraded, right now adding some dodge was the only way to get to CB immune.
Xariann

parry?

Postby djellum » Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:26 pm

keep the dodge, its better than parry. if anything replace the parry gem with a dodge one, if you havent already.

djellum

Postby Worldie » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:12 pm

parry and spelldamage gems are NEVER the correct answer

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby NarfJones » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:23 pm

Worldie wrote:parry and spelldamage gems are NEVER the correct answer

Parry=You're right

But epic spell damage gems make a really nice addition to threat sets. I am using a few I think in my threat set which consists of 4p t5.
NarfJones
Maintankadonor

Postby Xariann » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:16 am

keep the dodge, its better than parry. if anything replace the parry gem with a dodge one, if you havent already.

Why? :shock: I was told parry is better than dodge, because it resets my weapon swing, allowing me to hit faster and generate more threat.

If it's because with my faster swings the boss will parry me more times within a set time (like with Reckoning), then I think that problem is blown out of proportion. It exists, but the chances of getting parried twice in a row and the boss hitting me for a few thousands HP both hits aren't so huge, considering I have over 102.4% avoidance.

Or is the problem something else?

Of course I am open to explanations, that's why I am posting here.
Xariann

Postby Shamora » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:24 am

Xariann wrote:

Why? :shock: I was told parry is better than dodge, because it resets my weapon swing, allowing me to hit faster and generate more threat.

If it's because with my faster swings the boss will parry me more times within a set time (like with Reckoning), then I think that problem is blown out of proportion. It exists, but the chances of getting parried twice in a row and the boss hitting me for a few thousands HP both hits aren't so huge, considering I have over 102.4% avoidance.

Or is the problem something else?

Of course I am open to explanations, that's why I am posting here.

I think he is referring to the fact that the same amount of parry rating will give less avoidance then the same amount of dodge rating. Having hasted swings isn't gonna give you a noticeable increase in threat so its better to gem dodge for the avoidance. If equipment comea with parry or I can gem it well and it has a parry bonus then great, but I would never gem parry.
Hearthstone Arena Stats
Server: PVP US Warsong, Horde - <Orbit>
Main: Keondra, Delver of the Vaults, Lvl 90 Assassination Rogue
Shamora

Postby Xariann » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:28 am

I think he is referring to the fact that the same amount of parry rating will give less avoidance then the same amount of dodge rating.

Oh yes, I noticed that while I was regemming yesterday, so the new gems have dodge and not parry. I already had the parry ones, and since I already reached 102.4% I didn't see the need to replace them. But I'll keep it in mind for future equipment, so I won't replace the dodge gems with the parry ones, like I stated originally.
Xariann

Return to Basic Training & Talents