Bear Mount/Timed Event Without Tier 6?

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby inthedrops » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:17 pm

bane, that was a great post! Thank you very much. The tip to kill hatchers on dragonhawk until 35% was great. It never occured to me to do that and I think it's smart.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby guillex » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:44 pm

Seeing as you didn't mention it, are you just not picking up loot because you don't need it, or are you leaving the chests/boss loot until you've done the run?
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby baneoftruth » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:46 pm

Yea, forgot to mention that. The chests do not despawn, ignore them until the timers are done. As for the actual loot, we have it set to group loot. Need if it's main spec, greed if off-spec, pass otherwise. The group I run with has gotten to know each other well enough that we have that trust level in there, and usually we call things out over vent before any questions would come up anyway.
baneoftruth

Postby Jedah » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:16 am

Hey all, first time poster. Been lurking on the forums for a few weeks. There's a lot of good information on here :)

Anyway, I figured I would register and put a post here because nobody has record of doing it in T4/Badge Loot.

myself and 9 of my close friends have been working on the timed events for a while now, and we just missed the bear mount by under 30 seconds last week. We made several mistakes, our OT died on a trash pull once (whoops :X) and that took at least 30 seconds to get him up / buffed. We also 9 manned Halazzi because our warlock got a little anxious and pulled aggro almost immediately.

I have 1 piece of T5, nobody else in the group has anything beyond badge loot and T4. We JUST started working on SSC a couple weeks ago and only have Lurker and Hydross, and Morogrim under our belts at the moment.

We're going for all 4 chests again tonight, and this time i am pretty sure we'll succeed. Hopefully I'll be posting our success later!

Summary: It can be done without ever stepping foot in a 25 man instance.
Jedah

Postby Questioner » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:17 am

If you can, practice with the came group (and stack shamans lol!).

I know my guild is overgeared for it a bit, but we went from making the timer by less than a minute to having over 8 minutes remaining the next run.
<3 Tankadin at Heart.

Not necessarily accurate: Armory
Questioner

Postby Zhalseran » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:09 pm

My friend is in a T5 guild who has cleared all 4 chests multiple times, though I don't actually know how they go about it. Apparently they often get accused of some sort of hax by the T6 guilds on his server who can't do it x_x
Zhalseran

Postby Jedah » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:54 am

Jedah wrote:Hey all, first time poster. Been lurking on the forums for a few weeks. There's a lot of good information on here :)

Anyway, I figured I would register and put a post here because nobody has record of doing it in T4/Badge Loot.

myself and 9 of my close friends have been working on the timed events for a while now, and we just missed the bear mount by under 30 seconds last week. We made several mistakes, our OT died on a trash pull once (whoops :X) and that took at least 30 seconds to get him up / buffed. We also 9 manned Halazzi because our warlock got a little anxious and pulled aggro almost immediately.

I have 1 piece of T5, nobody else in the group has anything beyond badge loot and T4. We JUST started working on SSC a couple weeks ago and only have Lurker and Hydross, and Morogrim under our belts at the moment.

We're going for all 4 chests again tonight, and this time i am pretty sure we'll succeed. Hopefully I'll be posting our success later!

Hey all I am posting here as I promised last week and we were successful in getting the bear mount! We've worked all the kinks out at this point and I think we should be able to do it every week now. Good luck to all you T4.5 guilds out there, it is possible!

Our set-up is:
prot pally (MT)
feral druid (OT)
combat sword rogue
enh shaman
marks hunter
fire mage
destro warlock
shadow priest
resto druid
resto shaman
Jedah

Postby Bughead » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:01 am

Jedah wrote:
Jedah wrote:Hey all, first time poster. Been lurking on the forums for a few weeks. There's a lot of good information on here :)

Hey all I am posting here as I promised last week and we were successful in getting the bear mount! We've worked all the kinks out at this point and I think we should be able to do it every week now. Good luck to all you T4.5 guilds out there, it is possible!

Our set-up is:
prot pally (MT)
feral druid (OT)
combat sword rogue
enh shaman
marks hunter
fire mage
destro warlock
shadow priest
resto druid
resto shaman

Nice job!
... only 2 healers tho ? You got a monster tree?
Bughead

Postby Sthallas » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:13 pm

Bughead wrote:
Jedah wrote:

Our set-up is:
prot pally (MT)
feral druid (OT)
combat sword rogue
enh shaman
marks hunter
fire mage
destro warlock
shadow priest
resto druid
resto shaman

Nice job!
... only 2 healers tho ? You got a monster tree?

A Destro Lock... LOLWUT?? The Tree/Resto Sham combo is the best 2 heal timer combo IMO, though lately we've been doing it with a Tree/Full T6 Holy Pal since our shaman have quit showing up.

Btw, congrats on getting the timer.

PS. I wouldn't mind seeing your WWS if you have it available, just curious. :D
Sthallas

Postby Questioner » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:51 pm

Sthallas wrote:A Destro Lock... LOLWUT??

This comment confuses me greatly.
<3 Tankadin at Heart.

Not necessarily accurate: Armory
Questioner

Postby Jedah » Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:10 am

Sthallas wrote: Nice job! ... only 2 healers tho ? You got a monster tree?
......Btw, congrats on getting the timer.

PS. I wouldn't mind seeing your WWS if you have it available, just curious. :D

I don't run WWS unfortunately. I have just never looked at it. I might try to get it running for this weekend's run and post it here.
Jedah

Previous

Return to Zul'aman