1st boss MgT

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

1st boss MgT

Postby TheHonage » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:43 am

Question - in MgT i thought I saw a video where if you pull him into the middle of the indent in the floor (the one with the sun) the aoe doesnt hit the group. Confirm?
TheHonage

Postby Invisusira » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:45 am

Wait the first boss has abilities? Here is my strat for him:

1) Attack him.
2) At some point, things will get yellow.
3) That's all!

OH one thing he DOES have: VAMPIRE TEETH! It's true! I noticed last time I was in there!
Last edited by Invisusira on Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Invisusira

Postby Rokh » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:47 am

Why does it matter? the aoe is what... 600dmg every 4-5 seconds?

a renew can out heal that sheesh... if your healer cant out heal the aoe, get a new healer.

In my group we ignore the crystals and just beat the shit out of him, you can kill him in normal and heroic before he even gets to a 2nd crystal if you just dps him down.
Rokh

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:56 am

In all honesty, I don't even bother with the crystals, let the bitch suck them at will(even in heroic) if you have at least 2 mana drains available(mana burn and viper sting ftw) to OOM an explosion or two. It's easily healable even in heroic
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Blowhole » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:19 am

I actually went to do this boss around my 4th heroic clear of the place and I had a full PuG for the first time. I told everyone that with my normal Druid buddy healing, we ignore the crystals and just straight DPS him down.

So I ask if everyone is ok with that strat and ready. They say yes... I pull, not realizing that the mage in the group is still in the hallway. He gets locked out and we 4 manned it on Heroic.

Yeah it's that type of fight.
Blowhole

Postby Drak » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:22 am

The priest I usually run with is CoH specced. We ignore the crystals he drains entirely, as CoH heals for more damage than the AoE does, even on heroic.

1) Attack him.
2) At some point, things will get yellow.
3) ???
4) Profit!
Drak

Postby guillex » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:25 am

Uh ... Warlord Kalithresh v2.0?

Same strat, that's about it. Easy peasy. I'm sure it's about the same on heroic.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby 2ndNin » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:04 am

Umm, Warlord Kalithresh if you ignore this tanks will tend to kill ya even in T4/Badge gear, this guy if you ignore the crystals (and he tends to get to 60-70% anyway by the time people swap targets and kill it) gives you back mana which you run out of otherwise as he hits like a puppy.

Ignore crystals because he hits like a puppy, if you don't basically the only mana you will get back is the bar you started with so your threat is heavily capped :(.
[url=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria]Armoury Link
[/url]
2ndNin

Postby TheHonage » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:51 am

well, perhaps my reason for wanting to do this isnt clear.

I run with a mage, destro lock, and affy lock. Understand now? Yay for casting interruptions. I have a mage myself and its a PAIN when u get interrupted a lot. And its less than 4-5 seconds, its about 2 times per cast -- so about 1 per 3 secs. (Btw this group owns, aoe fun timez!)
TheHonage

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:38 am

TheHonage wrote:well, perhaps my reason for wanting to do this isnt clear.

I run with a mage, destro lock, and affy lock. Understand now? Yay for casting interruptions. I have a mage myself and its a PAIN when u get interrupted a lot. And its less than 4-5 seconds, its about 2 times per cast -- so about 1 per 3 secs. (Btw this group owns, aoe fun timez!)
Destro locks completely bypass the explosion(Nether protection procs are awesome <3), 2/3 of affliction dps isn't interruptible either and magi should have spell interrupt resistance(70% or 100% if arcane)
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Maihes » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:03 am

Snake-Aes wrote:

Destro locks completely bypass the explosion(Nether protection procs are awesome <3), 2/3 of affliction dps isn't interruptible either and magi should have spell interrupt resistance(70% or 100% if arcane)

Shhh don't point the flaws out in his statement so bluntly.

You know you can use this wierd thing called an aura.... that... helps with pushback.... and most specs have ~70% base resist........
Maihes

Postby Dorvan » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:44 am

Maihes wrote:
Snake-Aes wrote:

Shhh don't point the flaws out in his statement so bluntly.

You know you can use this wierd thing called an aura.... that... helps with pushback.... and most specs have ~70% base resist........

Indeed, concentration aura is in general quite useful in MrT.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby 2ndNin » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:34 pm

Besides, as I noted he gets loads of mana anyway, so even if you do nuke the crystal he still aoe's and still pushes you back, only difference is when you get your uninterrupted bit.

So just nuke :D
[url=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria]Armoury Link
[/url]
2ndNin

Postby TheHonage » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:25 am

I guess i've never ran it with a paladin when i'm on my mage. And hes frost/arcane so not really any pushback.

This question is no longer important as I am quitting WoW so it will not help me in any way.
TheHonage

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics