Remove Advertisements

Prince Safe Spots?

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Arees » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:06 pm

Vagrant wrote:Our semi-safe spot worked just as well as before.
Maybe that's because it's only partially safe, tanking against the right-hand wall with ranged/healers at the door.

Then you just got really lucky. Our experience the last two weeks is that they can even fall into that little hallway leading up to the door to prince's room. Another note, is that used to if there was a wipe and someone was rezzing, everyone else could go stand in the circular room that had the flesh beat in it. If prince aggro'd he would come through the door and down the hallway and stop at that room and reset. Now however, he will chase you all the way through the whole instance. We had some people running back last night because they couldnt be reached when the rezzer accidently aggrod... I was standing in that circular room and had enough time to get a DI off before he took off down the spiral staircase and started chasing the rest of the group.... it ended when he killed the shaman in the chess room. that was running back.
Arees

Postby Invisusira » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:10 pm

christ JUST DO IT LIKE YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO

WHY IS THIS TOPIC STILL ALIVE

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Invisusira

Postby Everlight » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:32 pm

Invisusira wrote:christ JUST DO IT LIKE YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO

WHY IS THIS TOPIC STILL ALIVE

Because some people like to, you know, discuss strategy in a strategy forum, as opposed to just trying to lay down the law with zero evidence and yelling when people don't listen.

In other words, if you don't have anything useful to contribute, shut the hell up.

Thank you.

And now to our regular programming. I haven't personally noticed any change in the Infernal positioning, but I've only been to him once since 2.4. I'll certainly keep my eyes open for it though.
Everlight

Postby Invisusira » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:35 pm

obvious sarcasm is... not so obvious? calm your pants.

For the sake of a Useful Discussion, I hereby label this post "Strategy vs Exploit... where is the line?"
Invisusira

Postby Rokh » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:41 am

No one is standing inside walls, or glitching the encounter.. prince safe spots are similar to a low level running along a road to avoid random mobs in a zone... it not an exploit
Rokh

Postby Invisusira » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:44 am

Are you specifically abusing set game mechanics to ease an encounter in a way Blizzard would not have otherwise intended? That's my personal definition of what an "exploit" is.
Invisusira

Postby ulrichter » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:11 pm

The whole nature of this post has changed.

Before 2.4 people wanted to know the exploit/safe spots (helped my ex- guild loads).

Now after 2.4 the post should concentrate on 'doing it as it was intended'?
ulrichter

Postby Levantine » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:39 am

Lol @ all the people that needed to use the 'safe spots' and now can't kill Prince. GG nubs.
Levantine

Postby Pizbit » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:42 am

Levantine wrote:Lol @ all the people that needed to use the 'safe spots' and now can't kill Prince. GG nubs.

Yea... go back to the official forum with that attitude.
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby Frickit » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:15 am

just want to say that we used to run up the side and take him on the left area with my old guild. We always had problems with close infernals.

My new guild stays at the door and I tank him over on the right side. The infernals seem to drop over on the left where I used to be and leave us alone. I have yet to have a problem with them on the right side with the raid at the door.
Frickit

Postby Zhalseran » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:48 am

Zomagz drama o_o

I personally never used the safe spots. It felt like it was cheating, and just screwed over the melee anyways >_> Perhaps its just the gear/experience level of the people I run it with, but dodging infernals does not add a whole lot of difficulty to the encounter. If anything it has felt easier since they removed the safe spots. Last 2 times killing him we have not had to move the tank once.

I wouldn't go so far as calling the safe spots an exploit, but as I said, it would feel like cheating to me >_>
Zhalseran

Postby Malecandra » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:21 pm

I have done prince using both the "Safe Spots" method and the other method. In one case melee get screwed - in the other casters do. I used to adjust which strategy we used based on whether we were melee or caster heavy. Now there just isn't a choice.
Malecandra

Postby Bhrimstone » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:27 pm

I like that they fixed this, keeps the raid frosty and challenges people to adapt.

afterall, kara is a stepping stone - this fight should require everyone to perform well.

Honestly, I hate when we have him at the normal tank spot, and nothing drops on the raid, it gets boring standing there. :lol:
Bhrimstone

Postby 2ndNin » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:44 am

My view on this is that Blizzard set up a grid pattern (could have been random spawns in the area), and they did not overlap the aoe effects. This means that there were delibrate safe spots anyway (eg: in front of the door near the far side there is a spot by the wall that is in between 2 infernals.

Its no different than healing to get murlocs in Tidewalker (omg, they spawn at predictable times and always come the same way), or los pulling in MgT, the fact is that the encounter is setup with safe spots, whether you use them is up to you. Its not an exploit in the game (wall jumping, no clip, evade bugging mobs etc) its a feature of the encounter (if they want to stop it increase the radius of the hellfire a little and there are potentially no safe spots).
[url=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria]Armoury Link
[/url]
2ndNin

Postby Gracerath » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:56 am

More dps is the answer. The faster you kill him, the less infernals drop and you'll have a very wide range of safe spots :)
Bye space sword!
Gracerath
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Karazhan