Remove Advertisements

Need server advice

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Need server advice

Postby Infinite Discontinuity » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:37 am

Hey, I recently hit 70 and trying to gear up, all the info in this forum is amazing, the problem I'm having is that hardly anyone on my server ever wants to do an instance. Does Anyone know of a good server with lots of people always looking to do an instance?
Infinite Discontinuity

Postby Lore » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:43 am

Without knowing anything about your server, my gut reaction is that it would probably be easier (and cheaper) to join a guild of mostly fresh 70s to run instances with, instead of just hopping to another server to try and find better PUGs.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Infinite Discontinuity » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:06 am

Oh sorry, I'm a belf pally on server exodar, and I suppose that's a good point
Infinite Discontinuity

Postby Ciandin » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:21 am

Spend an evening or two doing /who <insert dungeon name> for all the level 70 dungeons and see if there are any guilds running them. See if they have use for another tank in their guild!
Ciandin

Postby Aeverius » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:27 am

The age and population of your server is highly relevant to this. On my main server, which is an old, established, high pop server, we have people trying to pug SSC on a regular basis. (I don't know if they get in very often, but hey.) It's hard to pug a 5-man that's not the daily heroic.

Now, on my other server, which is a little over a year old and has at best a medium population, there are all kinds of people looking for regular 70 instances.

It's easy to see which servers are highly populated, but I don't know how to tell you how old they are. A relatively new server with a medium to high population is probably your best bet.

"Incoming!" is the new ready check.
Aeverius

Postby Cynnammon » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:36 am

i'm on exodar as well, and never have an issue finding a group, or even finding random people to fill out my groups. half the battle it seems is to find a tank (which we already have taken care of) and the other half is to find a healer. luckily we have some awesome healers in my guild, so if they are on it's typically not an issue. dps is a dime a dozen on exodar.

and heck, if worse comes to worse, you can tank for our alt group we have going :) only 65 right now, but we're hoping to hit 70 pretty soon on them.
Cynnammon

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics