Remove Advertisements

Brutallus

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby fiorina » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:47 am

Eender wrote:Does anyone know of any Paladins successfully tanking this fight? If so are there any video's out of said paladins? I would like to see their TPS output and damage intake to compare with my own.

http://wowwebstats.com/ec3al5je56huc?s=11110-11474
(PTR maybe)
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Splug » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:48 am

Teckbot said he was tanking him, I think he posted a wws log earlier.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Elsie » Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:38 pm

if they're two seperate attacks, even if it appears to hit at the same time Ardent Defender would work on the second one if it's checked every hit.

You'd be looking at a code along the lines of

Hit 1:
if(HP < 35%)
(reduce damage by 30%)
else normal damage
Hit 2:
if(HP < 35%)
(reduce damage by 30%)
else normal damage

If Dual Wield is treated as one attack you'd only have Hit 1 checked. Considering you can dodge the 1st and/or the 2nd, two seperate swing checks would have to be made. Even if they appear the same to you, the server still has to go through the normal code process.
Elsie

Postby icydevarosp » Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:56 pm

I've been hit by both attacks at the same time, the offhand hitting second, and have not received the damage reduction from ardent defender (which would of saved me from death)
icydevarosp

Postby icydevarosp » Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:56 pm

And yes both attacks can be separately dodged/parried/blocked
icydevarosp

Postby Teckbot » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:44 am

*Cross-post from EJ, since I know not everyone here reads it...

So. Brutallus.

First Kill:
Wow Web Stats
Second Kill:
Wow Web Stats

Points of note:
- Warrior and I both take almost equal amounts of damage, despite the difference in %mitigation from Righteous Fury/Defensive stance. The reason behind this is the ungodly amount of Blocking I am doing, and for how much (~729 from each hit due to BlockValue Libram) each block mitigates.
- Righteous Defense does not work in Omen right now, but your DPS shouldn't really be bothering to look at the threat meters in this fight anyway - if they hold back at all, you won't get the Enrage timer.
- Ardent Defender is WORTHLESS in this fight. Even though there are many instances where I am under 8k hitpoints and I take an offhand hit, I have yet to see an attack that it has reduced.
- Reckoning will actually out-threat One-Hand Spec due to the "secret" buff mobs have in the instance. Since you are -20% dodge and -5% miss in the fight, you're actually getting hit often enough for it to proc reliably (so sayeth all the math I have done, I didn't have a chance to actually test it). The problem is that Felmyst, the boss immediately after, demands One-hand Spec... hooray for not having to re-learn spells after re-specing.
- Druids are better than Warriors and Paladins in this fight due to their retarded levels of armor, which makes incoming damage much more stable. If you have two feral tanks, use them instead - unless they are way less geared than your other tanks, that is.
- Teckbot
<Lunacy> Proudmoore - Alliance
The Teckbot tanks all, usually by accident.
Teckbot

Postby Worldie » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:56 am

So you basically say that in order to "equal" warriors we should have appropriate amounts of block value there.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Teckbot » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:02 am

Worldie wrote:So you basically say that in order to "equal" warriors we should have appropriate amounts of block value there.

The big kicker is that we block 8 times for the Warrior's 4. Your guild should be farming Illidan for quite some time before you can take down Brut, so (by all accounts) the BV Libram should be in your possesion - if it's not, I'd probably go for the +5.33% blockrating libram to increase the likelyhood you block an attack.
- Teckbot
Teckbot

Postby fiorina » Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:43 am

Teckbot, Problem with Druids is that to generate proper threat, they need to significantly lower their HP pool/mitigation stats for expertise and so on, hence their advantage is not so great compared with warriors.

We've tried that and with Druid MT, DPS has to hold back a bit. You need sustained 1500+ TPS if you have very good DPS. For us warrior is going max TPS rotation and DPS warrior is applying debuffs such as initial TC and so on.

Only with such approach, DPS can go full out from the beginning. It will save you solid 15 seconds from enrage timer. Our last kill was with 20 seconds left on enrage timer:
http://www.wwsscoreboard.com/bossview.php?bossid=42
Our retri pally left thus my role in this fight is clear :>

I would like to see paladin threat on this boss, could be a major advanatage once DPS will get even better gear, because even now they have to slow down from time to time.
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby fiorina » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:12 am

Also Teckbot. "Almost" same damage you mean 100k more damage you took with less avoidance(speaking about last attempt). Similar dmg income values in first attempt are made by this I guess:

Code: Select all
05:01'14.535   Brutallus's Swing hits Silverstreak for 8225 Physical damage (503 blocked)
05:01'15.051   Brutallus's Swing hits Silverstreak for 16858 Physical damage (503 blocked)
05:01'15.066   Brutallus's Swing hits Silverstreak for 39032 Physical damage (503 blocked)

I just don't like words like "almost same" in situations where every bit and piece matters.
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Elexis » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:32 am

His attack speed is so high that 20-25% of my dmg was from holy shield when I tanked him. I haven't seen any other boss chew up holy shield charges so fast.

We had no overaggroing at all when I tanked him while we had half night ruined by aggro problems after we switched to druid+warrior combo.

Knowning my guild we will probably switch to cheesy bear+bear combo as soon as we can which is a shame since this encounter was quite fun to tank.
Elexis

Postby Aetherial » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:24 am

1% wipes make baby jesus cry.

He dies tonight. (It's me and a druid on it, and there are zero threat issues.)
Aetherial

Postby Teckbot » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:35 am

fiorina wrote:Also Teckbot. "Almost" same damage you mean 100k more damage you took with less avoidance(speaking about last attempt).
Our MT re-gemmed and re-enchanted for complete Avoidance - look at his avoidance rate in the fight compared to mine. I could swap to the same avoidance levels he had without losing the damage mitigation but we were testing how much of a difference it made.
fiorina wrote:Similar dmg income values in first attempt are made by this I guess:

Code: Select all
05:01'14.535   Brutallus's Swing hits Silverstreak for 8225 Physical damage (503 blocked)
05:01'15.051   Brutallus's Swing hits Silverstreak for 16858 Physical damage (503 blocked)
05:01'15.066   Brutallus's Swing hits Silverstreak for 39032 Physical damage (503 blocked)

I just don't like words like "almost same" in situations where every bit and piece matters.
Those hits are:
- Mainhand Hit
- Offhand Hit during Enrage
- Mainhand Hit during Enrage

No one will survive Enrage.
- Teckbot
Teckbot

Postby Morganim » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:21 am

atm i think im going to spec retri for brut.
Our druid doesnt have the DPS in cat to sustain his own position but i think our RL's want FF + impLOTP for hunters. But i think we will have dps problems as we dont have any form of dps warrior atm so MT will have to debuff, and our OT warrior has poor fury gear, worse arms gear. TBH doesnt even have good tanking gear lol.
I dont mind going retri at all for one fight i must admit :P

This all relies on the fact that we down farking kalecgos /sigh
Morganim

Postby fiorina » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:30 am

Teckbot wrote: - Mainhand Hit
- Offhand Hit during Enrage
- Mainhand Hit during Enrage

No one will survive Enrage.

Sure. I was just saying that he took almost 100k damage just from enrage thus his incoming damage look worse than it was in reality.
fiorina
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Sunwell Plateau