Remove Advertisements

World Boss - Doomwalker

Doomwalker, Doom Lord Kazzak

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

World Boss - Doomwalker

Postby Baelor » Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:36 am

After my guild downed Magtheridon (first kill! woot!) last night, we decided to go after Doomwalker instead of clearing trash in SSC and attempting Lurker. I had one of my officers look up the strat online for him and we kinda winged it - 5 tanks ready to pick up, 25 people going at him. I was in my tank gear for it.

I got wtfpwned. I missed a Holy Shield and got crushed, and I had trouble picking him up after Overrun.

Anyone have any advice for picking up Void Reaver after he drops aggro?
I am the light that brings the dawn.
Something Wicked this way comes.
Formerly: Baelor of Runetotem-US (2006-2007) | Cathmor of Malfurion-US (2007-2010)
Follow me on Twitter
Baelor

Re: World Boss - Doomwalker

Postby Fridmarr » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:07 am

Baelor wrote:After my guild downed Magtheridon (first kill! woot!) last night, we decided to go after Doomwalker instead of clearing trash in SSC and attempting Lurker. I had one of my officers look up the strat online for him and we kinda winged it - 5 tanks ready to pick up, 25 people going at him. I was in my tank gear for it.

I got wtfpwned. I missed a Holy Shield and got crushed, and I had trouble picking him up after Overrun.

Anyone have any advice for picking up Void Reaver after he drops aggro?

I believe he is tauntable.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Sielanas » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:13 am

Indeed, is tauntable. I was one of the OTs in a successful attempt, we used 6 tanks, 2 MT switching off and the 4 for dragging back. I survived a few 10k+ hits, thankfully the healing was excellent. I ended up with the killing blow thanks to Ret Aura/Thorns.

Sielanas

Postby Jaydin » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:42 am

Sielanas wrote:Indeed, is tauntable. I was one of the OTs in a successful attempt, we used 6 tanks, 2 MT switching off and the 4 for dragging back. I survived a few 10k+ hits, thankfully the healing was excellent. I ended up with the killing blow thanks to Ret Aura/Thorns.

hahaha awesome pic man

and baelor buddy - were u trying yesterday? like when sin and requiem were attempting it too? ^_^
Jaydin

Postby Baelor » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:08 pm

Jaydin wrote:
Sielanas wrote:Indeed, is tauntable. I was one of the OTs in a successful attempt, we used 6 tanks, 2 MT switching off and the 4 for dragging back. I survived a few 10k+ hits, thankfully the healing was excellent. I ended up with the killing blow thanks to Ret Aura/Thorns.

hahaha awesome pic man

and baelor buddy - were u trying yesterday? like when sin and requiem were attempting it too? ^_^

Yep, we were watching Varn, Karatechop and co. get smashed in the face a few times, we got a few tries in while they were waiting for their debuff to drop. I even was deferential to them, we were buffed and ready but they had been there first so I had my raid stay back and wait. After they wiped, I said "okay, our turn" and promptly wiped under 20% when half the DPS had died and the healers were low on mana. Yar.

The problem with taunting him is that with everyone so spread out to avoid chaining the Lightning Wrath, I find myself out of range to taunt frequently (as Righteous Defense targets the player, not the monster). Should I assign the tanks areas and have them cover the assigned radius?
I am the light that brings the dawn.
Something Wicked this way comes.
Formerly: Baelor of Runetotem-US (2006-2007) | Cathmor of Malfurion-US (2007-2010)
Follow me on Twitter
Baelor

Postby Sielanas » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:24 pm

The pally macro was essential for success, to make it target his target. We maintained position at the 4 points and only took him on as long as necessary. We mapped out positions at the naaru and marched up from there to get our bearings. Also, he was a full 40 and triggered the enrage at an inconvenient moment, plus we had Thrust trying to sabotage as well.
Sielanas

Postby Fridmarr » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:15 pm

Baelor wrote:
Jaydin wrote:

hahaha awesome pic man

Yep, we were watching Varn, Karatechop and co. get smashed in the face a few times, we got a few tries in while they were waiting for their debuff to drop. I even was deferential to them, we were buffed and ready but they had been there first so I had my raid stay back and wait. After they wiped, I said "okay, our turn" and promptly wiped under 20% when half the DPS had died and the healers were low on mana. Yar.

The problem with taunting him is that with everyone so spread out to avoid chaining the Lightning Wrath, I find myself out of range to taunt frequently (as Righteous Defense targets the player, not the monster). Should I assign the tanks areas and have them cover the assigned radius?

Yeah, you can stand away from him so that you are in range of more of the DPS. RD has a 40 yard range I think too, so they shouldn't be much farther away than that depending on positioning and the direction he charged.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby DracAlexstrasza » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:17 am

Just a thought, if your dps manages to stop during overruns a stack of SoV (or sometimes even consecrate believe it or not) can pick him up so he charges you. ^_^ Makes it a much cleaner fight doable with only you and one other tank.
Drac - Paladin - 70 - Alexstrasza
DracAlexstrasza

Postby Ownopotamus » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:25 pm

I tank this guy with a warrior in the guild. We only use 2 tanks.

There is a time when he sort of pauses before an overrun and they warrior taunts him. Generally he doesn't run around too much for us :)

If he does run around just taunt with RD and toss your shield (if he got far enough away). Try to keep vengeance stacked on him so you can judge after taunt as well. Lastly Holy Shield - don't forget to keep it up at all costs...he hits like a truck (especially when enraged).

During enrage be ready to LoH yourself.
Ownopotamus

Postby spiky_porcupine » Fri May 09, 2008 2:11 pm

So I was setting up off-raid nights for people and I thought why not do Doomwalker to add to our kill list since we never actually ran it.

I was wondering a few things.

1. How hard does doomwalker hit on a Tank that is T5 geared? Will he spike damage a lot and how many healers will you need? (My guild 5 healed Vashj, so our healers are pretty damn good)

2. For sunder armours, how often is it? Can it be avoided through dodge/parry/block? How many stacks will require a tank swap?

3. For the lightning, how many times does it jump? If it jumps like 6 times, I just don't see how melee can avoid death from it if it doubles damage everytime it jumps. And I doubt all range can be spread out that farm enough to avoid never jumping.

4. How many tanks is needed due to sunders? Can say 2 Paladins be able to tank it with DS and BOP for sunders?

And is it true that all drops there are BoE??? Thinking of making some $$~~

Thanks !!

Here's my Pali's armory as a basis for our tanks.

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/chara ... spikyswild

This isn't my MT gear though, since I have like 28% dodge 17% parry and 15.5k HP in MT gear. My guild tanks are almost on par with me.
Spikybunny:
Level 70 Draenai Protection Paladin
Spirestone
spiky_porcupine

Return to Outdoor World Bosses