Remove Advertisements

Easiest heroic? Easiest badges?

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Marker » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:58 pm

Dependant on how many times you've run Durnholde while leveling, you should hit revered with KoT quite quickly. There's a few quests there that really boosts the factiongrind.

I was in the same situation as you with Heroics a few weeks back, and found SP a great place to start out. All of the bosses ar Tank n Spank and there's few or no really tricky pulls. (even though those dual defender hit hard for a poorly equipped tank. Just beware of it and have someone kite it if possible.)

HC Mech is also easy badges once ypu get the bosses right. A bit more strategy to this, so I'd suggest you read up on them (wowwiki for instance) before you start.

As for easy badges, nothing beats Bot when U can AoE it.
Marker

Postby Benevolence » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:53 am

For someone undergeared Sp / Mechanar is definitively the way to go, bring a lock + rogue or other interrupter for Mech vil make it a lot easier. If you have have trouble on the Coilfang Defenders in Slave Pens bring a someone that can kite one of them or a rogue to stun lock.

If you bring 2 CC Steamvaults is also an option since nothing in there hits very hard (Except for the Bog Lords which are skippable anyway). So if you have enough CC to counter the Fear+Silence in some of the packs it becomes trivial.

When you start getting the gear to aoe tank instances UB, SH, Ramparts (& BM if you know some good dps'ers) becomes the fastest and easiest way to get badges. They really not the best place to start though.

Still, you should expect quite a few wipes until you learn the pulls in heroic mode. My first heroic was BF (without a lock) and was a horrible wipefest, once I learned the pulls it got rather trivial though.
Benevolence

Postby Dakiros » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:43 am

ignaro wrote:
Oh Reeeeaally...? wrote:Keep in mind that you can also get Badges outside of instances now (such as some dailies I think?) - I'm not sure of the entire list, but I would look some of those up.

First, what a response!-- I should've asked earlier, thanks so much guys!

I looked up Badges of Justice and I can't find what you're talking about... seems instances are the only way to get 'em.

I didn't realize how many badges dropped in Kara-- seems like whenever I can, I should jump in as an OT with my guild and if they're not going/don't have a spot for me, Heroic Mech is probably the way to go. What do you guys think?

Any other advice on getting uncrushable? Playing the AH has made me rather rich so I've been able to buy up a lot of my stuff-- Nethercleft on Felsteel Legs FTW-- so any BoE's you can recommend that I may have missed would be much appreciated!

Armory link:
~NBCNitlyNews on Anvilmar

Some of the new Sunwell daily quests can potentially give you a badge in the reward bag they give but the drop rate isn't good enough to rely on them as a source of badges.

I've tanked H SP 2 or 3 times now and every time its been a nightmare, the fears and mind controls just always seem to screw my group. Given the time you are looking into spending I'd go for Mech.
Dakiros

Postby Frickit » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:53 am

if you are familiar with slave pens from normal in your current gear it shouldnt be bad. You kinda need to know the place though, with really good dps I was clearin the place in 40 mins for 3 badges in my early blues.

you need to get the stuff from Caverns of Time rep it has served me tremendously.
Frickit

Postby Bettiepage » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:42 am

Yeah, Keepers of Time rep was one of the first things I went after. The Continuum Blade has made a big difference. Also, +40 spelldamage to the blade, can't go wrong with more Spelldamage :wink:

As for the Badges of Justice being in the Reward Packages, I had 4 packs with a badge inside, 2 on Sunday, 1 on Monday and another on Wed. so, they are in them, it is just a matter of when they feel like giving them out.
Maybe I was a good little Paladin those days? Meh.
I am the arm of the Light in battle. I know my path, can you say the same?
Bettiepage

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:15 am

Bettiepage wrote:Yeah, Keepers of Time rep was one of the first things I went after. The Continuum Blade has made a big difference. Also, +40 spelldamage to the blade, can't go wrong with more Spelldamage :wink:

As for the Badges of Justice being in the Reward Packages, I had 4 packs with a badge inside, 2 on Sunday, 1 on Monday and another on Wed. so, they are in them, it is just a matter of when they feel like giving them out.
Maybe I was a good little Paladin those days? Meh.

The way I did it, it was too easy to be true: At 66 or so I found a very very good group composed of me, pally healer, rogue, mage and moonkin. We leveled our way to 69 in instances :D Durnholde was a big favorite,I love that place.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Valia » Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:45 am

the easiest badges is without Botanica. mobs there hit like pansies. now I have t4 + some 2.3 badge epics, but when I was decked in blues it was a breeze. and its a very fast instance if you're a good puller and your group isnt slackers/scrubs.

go Botanica.
Valia

Postby Cearn » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:32 pm

Did Durnholde Heroic today, first time since 2.4 is on air.
peanuts.
Another 3 badges in 40 minutes.
Cearn

Postby Gracerath » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:57 pm

Pally tank + good healer + heroic shattered halls = fastest 5 badges I've ever earned.
Bye space sword!
Gracerath
Maintankadonor

Postby Moses » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:21 am

What are the easiest?

I agree with all those that say Slave Pens and Mech are your best bet.

What are my favorite?

Well since you asked I like Shattered Halls and Mech. Slave Pens because it's easy and I've done it so much. Shattered Halls because if ever there was one it is an instance built for a pally tank.
Moses

Re: Easiest heroic? Easiest badges?

Postby Rokh » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:59 am

Arcand wrote:
ignaro wrote:My guild said that Heroic Ramps was the easiest heroic but I was getting my ass kicked against the trash mobs with a epic-geared pally healer.

The facts about heroic Ramparts are as follows:

1. Because Ramparts is the lowest-level normal dungeon, people might unconsciously assume that heroic Ramparts is the easiest heroic.

2. Because there is very little area damage except the fairly-inoffensive Rains of Fire, DPS can run heroic Ramparts and have little idea how hard the healer is keep up with the damage.

3. The healer is probably working pretty hard, because there are many mobs which Mortal Strike in there and also some which stun. Your damage intake roughly doubles while you're stunned due to loss of avoidance.

4. The pulls in Ramparts are relatively uniform in size and composition, so you can dominate it hard if your group has strong crowd control. (I've never run it with three magi, but I've done it with two and even that felt like cheating.)

Until you get geared up, I recommend you try the following heroics:

Slave Pens with a mage, shadow priest or both
Mechanar with (mage, warlock or both) and (rogue, warrior or shaman)
Blood Furnace with any number of group permutations as long as you have some CC and the players are skilled

PS: Until you get geared some more, put heroic Underbog in the same category as heroic Ramparts: "heroics which people think of as easy but which put some pretty heavy pain on the tank".

QFT

Ramparts is a bitch in blues..

Easiest heroic is botanica, dont let anyone ever tell you diff
Rokh

Postby Rokh » Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:00 am

Valia wrote:the easiest badges is without Botanica. mobs there hit like pansies. now I have t4 + some 2.3 badge epics, but when I was decked in blues it was a breeze. and its a very fast instance if you're a good puller and your group isnt slackers/scrubs.

go Botanica.

seriously
Rokh

Postby Invisusira » Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:16 am

Invisusira

Re: Easiest heroic? Easiest badges?

Postby Arcand » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:32 pm

Rokh wrote:Easiest heroic is botanica, dont let anyone ever tell you diff

Two things, though:

Pretty early in the instance, there are elves called Greenkeeper Warder or something like that, who spam Wrath. It's called Greenkeeper's Fury or words to that effect but it looks like Wrath, and it hurts like hell. Bring CC and interrupts or these guys will blow you up.

The satyr, as far as I can tell, dumps threat as he begins his hellfire. Save Exorcism, and as soon as he starts Hellfiring hammer him with that and Avenger's Shield if it's up; you take some damage but you can hold onto him that way.
Arcand

Postby Cearn » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:14 pm

aggro wipe on completion of sacrifice.
CC and interrupts, yep, setup is not wayne.
Cearn

PreviousNext

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics