Channelers and Interupts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Channelers and Interupts

Postby Scrawn » Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:15 am

What interupts work vs the channelers?

As a paladin tank does HoJ work and Arcane torrent?

Or will I need a dedicated rogue or something?
I'm not sure if you're aware, but math is, in fact, not voodoo magic, and you can't invalidate the
mathematical formulae the game is based on with your nonsense anecdotes
Scrawn

Postby Worldie » Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:45 am

Being bosses themselves, they are immune to stun and silence.

You need a dedicated interrupter.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Scrawn » Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:59 am

Thankyou :)
I'm not sure if you're aware, but math is, in fact, not voodoo magic, and you can't invalidate the
Scrawn

Postby NarfJones » Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:25 am

We only used a rogue or shaman on the one we are currently attacking. If you tank them far enough apart, they cant heal each other.
NarfJones
Maintankadonor

Postby Invisusira » Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:29 am

You know what would be cool? If Holy Shock were an interrupt.

I mean, it wouldn't help US at all. It just seems like the kind of thing Blizz would do to mess with us. And then I could post angry retorts in threads about "my new Holy Shock spec" AND "my new Sanc Aura spec!"
Invisusira

Postby Scrawn » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:26 am

NarfJones wrote:We only used a rogue or shaman on the one we are currently attacking. If you tank them far enough apart, they cant heal each other.

Is this viable? How far is far enough? on their spawn points?
Scrawn

Postby ehly » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:32 am

Its basically upto the tanks to move them to a point thats offset. I imagine the best way to describe it is make a triangle with the tanking points.

The way we use to do it, well are starting to do it again for the the gems. We go clockwise starting at the one left of the door. The first and second is tanked in spot. I always have gotten the 3&4. I tank them up in the very tip of the room right between their spawn points. I just have #4 misdirected to me. This keep me far away from 1-2, 5. I usually just have a shaman healer with me who watches mine for shock since they are toghter.

I think when we went after 2.4 they just stayed with the dps, but back when we were learning the fight. We had one rogue or dps warrior move just ahead to the next channeler to be sure it got interupted. Because of the placement this was usually the only one in range to cast a heal.

I think next time we go I'm going to push for only 3 tanks.
ehly

Kind of a repeat

Postby ldeboer » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:48 pm

Most guilds use the 3 tank method it gives max room for error

1st channeller: Dps warrior, rogue, druid can tank doesnt hit hard
2nd channeler: MT tanks gets in position for mag after its dead
3rd channeller: Any reasonable geared OT starts to hit harder
4th & 5th channeller: Good OT one chaneller MD'ed onto him and will need 2 healers at end. The channellers will heal each other a rogue should be interrupt duty on the 5th channeller while on the 4th.

The reasons for this are simple.

1) 3 tanks means more room for DPS in raid
2) Even if your raid is really slow on DPS you should have 3 channellers down by mag breakout only 2 healers are committed to holding up OT the rest should be on MT who now has Mag.
3) Keeps raid together and last few infernals in one area which is much easier.

edit: I should actually explain why the last 2 together.

Assuming you are geared at instance level and say just clearing kara the last channeller hits hard and it does a shadow blast like they all do. So you need 2 healers one to heal you and the second to keep that healer and the infernal CC lock and/or hunter alive. So if you tanked them seperated you would need a 3rd healer (possibly a 4th) for the 2nd last
channeller. So bringing the 4th and 5th together the extra damage can easily be covered by the healer so long as he is not trying to heal himself and the CC.
ldeboer

Postby Tyaera » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:01 pm

We usually tank the first two together, me as the MT tanking them, then a prot warrior on the fifth with druids on the third and fourth
better to tank in hell than DPS in heaven
Tyaera

Return to High King / Gruul / Mag