Remove Advertisements

Diocaska - Several Questions.

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:59 pm

Bubblegirl wrote:I used Felsteel gloves till i got my T4.

you probably never got iron gauntlets of the maiden then :(
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Rhaenys » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:29 pm

Sabindeus wrote:
Bubblegirl wrote:I used Felsteel gloves till i got my T4.

you probably never got iron gauntlets of the maiden then :(

Nope
Rhaenys

Postby Diocaska » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:34 am

After considering all that was said. I had another issue with the GM last night.

Anyways, that promtly lead to a /gquit. I guess it was coming anyway.

I'm considering trying to build up my old guild to Kara. But its so time consuming. I tried it once there to no avail. We just couldnt pull out the numbers, and our server now down to 'low' population, I dont know what to do.

I could give it a try, it'd set my Kara ambitions back a month and a half or so, but I don't know.

If I did go back to my old guild, we'd start with 1 Rogue, Me tanking, a Warrior (who I'd ask to be my offtank, good friend), a shadow priest. In a month we'd have a Warlock, Mage, Hunter to add. Could try pulling a Holy Paladin in too. So absence of a couple healers mainly.

Personal opinions. Would you rather start up a Kara guild from fresh, or would you rather join one already in progress?

-update- Loaded character sheet

http://armory.wow-europe.com/character- ... n=Diocaska
Aurellia(90) Ulshala(85) Diocaska(85) Leighesha(85)
Diocaska

Postby Passionario » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:59 am

Tumeric wrote:But the main question i have here is, Arcatraz VW room, How on gods green earth can you effectvely pull those in order to have initial aggro but not have 75% dmg reduction to holy on the target. Last night we ran this for my final kara key frag and i foudn the hardway that even running back with a body pull getting hit and retribution aura pops them back they gain resist.

I pull them Goblin Engineering style, with a judicious dose of explosives. :)
Passionario

Postby Thaddeaus » Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:58 am

It got annoying after a while when people kept asking me to heal this or heal that. Its like I dished out hundreds of gold and a lot of time into the gear I have now (pre-raid stuff, but that stuff isn't easy to get!), don't ask me to throw it all away just because you want some heals.

I never gave in though, and after a while its become quite obvious that I know what i'm doing. Nearly every single pug (i live for pugs) i've joined instantly falls in love with me, and I keep getting guild offers constantly.

You just have to keep at it. Your best bet is to pug. I know people hate pugging, but if it wasn't for pugs I wouldn't have ANY of the stuff I have right now. Prove yourself through pugs and eventually you'll be known through word of mouth at how good of a tank you are.
Thaddeaus - 70 - Blood Furnace
Thaddeaus

Postby Xanatos » Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:35 am

Bubblegirl wrote:
Tumeric wrote:hmm i didnt remember seeing a mana bar on them, but i could be wrong the names of the ones i was having trouble with was screamers. But ill try that tonight as i wanna finish doing some arc runs. Btw pre heroic are there any tankadin gloves avail? i am chasing down a quest to replace my spell damage ones with. Its in nether storm green gaunts with some spell damage some stam and 17 def raiting. though i would prefer +str/stam/agi with def rather than spell damage in all truth as i havent had a problem keeping the aggro on myself so far.

I used Felsteel gloves till i got my T4.

Gauntlets of the Chosen if you're Scryers. If not, Felsteel is the way to go. Or maybe even Gauntlets of the Bold but Felsteel is usually 10x easier to get.
Xanatos

Postby Lore » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:45 am

Diocaska wrote:Personal opinions. Would you rather start up a Kara guild from fresh, or would you rather join one already in progress?

I always find raiding more enjoyable when I get the sense of accomplishment of being a part of building something up.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Joanadark » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:49 pm

Alot of situations where people are being threatened with minus DKP due to small mistakes.

"AND WATCH THE F*CKING TAIL!!!"

"WHELPS, MANY WHELPS, NOW, HANDLE IT.....
F************************************************************************************CK!!!!!"
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby honorshammer » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:06 am

Joanadark wrote:
Alot of situations where people are being threatened with minus DKP due to small mistakes.

F************************************************************************************CK!!!!!"

Ony?
honorshammer

Postby Vanifae » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:35 am

Goddamnit why did I not think of Mana Tap on those canny bastards.
Last edited by Vanifae on Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Xanatos » Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:30 am

Honorshammer wrote:
Joanadark wrote:

Ony?

More dots...

DPS slooowly... And I mean f#@king sloooowly...

Gotta love Dives...
Xanatos

Postby Joanadark » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:08 am

just reminded myself of the MSPaint strategy diagrams I made when my old guild was working on Ony in 05.
possibly the best MSPaint strats ever. heh
good times.

I know one guild who's GM actually took the whole raid group to hyjal and brought them in that empty instance with exactly the same layout as ony's lair and made them practice positioning.

Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Igrado » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:14 am

Diocaska wrote:Personal opinions. Would you rather start up a Kara guild from fresh, or would you rather join one already in progress?

Join one in progress. Tanking as Prot is already challenging, time consuming, and stressful enough. Especially with all the bias against them. Having the desire to MT is totally different from having the desire to run a guild. Honestly, I can't imagine doing both. They are both very time consuming and have quite different objectives. Running a guild sucks up a lot of time and adds a lot of stress and pressure. I would recommend not trying to start/run a guild as a means to any end, as leading the guild will inevitably take more of your time, energy, and focus away from your true goal, playing your toon (as a tank).
Igrado
Maintankadonor

Postby Diocaska » Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:10 am

Okays, so just to update,

Went on a run my old guild, (of whom I rejoined), combined with another guild.

I was MT, we downed Attumen, with me tanking both Midnight and Attumen ^_^

Dropped the bracers, but the offtank (warrior with a little bit of tank envy ^_^) Managed to roll higher (master looter, class applicable roll). Was still fine, as my Rogue IRL friend got some leather gloves. So we're all happy. :)

Maiden on sunday. Or is it worth going for Moroes first?
Aurellia(90) Ulshala(85) Diocaska(85) Leighesha(85)
Diocaska

Re: Diocaska - Several Questions.

Postby Thels » Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:20 am

Diocaska wrote:I've contacted tankadins before, including Zoe (EU - Trollbane) in game. And discuss with a couple of tankadins every now and then.

I remain stumbled at the amount of lvl 1 paladins whispering me every now and then...
ImageImage
Thels

PreviousNext

Return to Basic Training & Talents