Badges. Save your badges and gear your way down or...

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Badges. Save your badges and gear your way down or...

Postby BigBlueCheese » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:25 am

Hey I've been reading these forums for a while and thought I'd post a question.

Should I initially save my badges for the big stuff, such as, chestguard and leggings, or gear my way up starting with something cheaper? I can buy the Slikk's Cloak of Placation right now, but I'm more than halfway towards the Chestguard of the Stoic Guardian.

Here's a link to my armory profile. Bigbluwonder
BigBlueCheese

Postby Elvidnir » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:29 am

The chestpiece is a bigger upgrade for you than the cloak, imo.

Chestguard you gain: Stamina, armor, pure avoidance, threat.
Cloak you gain: Stamina, armor.

I suppose it depends on what role you tend to play more often but the wasted STR on the jade-skull bothers me.
Elvidnir

Postby BigBlueCheese » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:36 am

I also have the Vindicator's Hauberk.

I have this on because it gave me more avoidance to reach un-crushable and higher stamina. But I've over 102.4 so should I go back to that chest?
BigBlueCheese

Postby Mekanikos » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:23 am

I'd get the big purchases first, because a) they're generally a bigger upgrade and b) you can fool yourself into thinking the lower number will be easier to get. :p

350 badges and waiting for the Armory to open... :(
Mekanikos

Postby Erendis » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:32 am

I'd save up for the rewards that will help you get more badges. I'd say go for the Chest in this case. I don't see you getting a big upgrade to you chest from drops anytime soon but there are available cloak upgrades from drops such as the [item=28660]Gilded Thorium Cloak[/item] from Illhoof. Chest options would be [item=28597]Panzar'Thar Breastplate[/item] from Nightbane (which is not as good as the badge one for pallys) or the [item=29066]Justicar's Chestguard[/item] off of Magtheridon which is an encouter out of your gear range.
Erendis
Maintankadonor

Postby Fedaykin98 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:14 pm

I say go with the big purchases first. Get the 2.3 Tankadin chest, then when you get a bunch of badges again start deciding what your weakest piece is. Probably get the 2.4 Tankadin legs, but if you've got some piece that really needs to go and there's a great badge reward for that slot, you might do that instead.

I got the 2.3 chest, then 2.3 legs, then Slikk's, and then got the Bonefist Gauntlets (because I still didn't have Maiden's). Then I got the Girdle of the Protector (wanted more threat and avoidance). I could consider the 2.3 Tankadin boots, but I've got the Jungle Stompers which are good for now, and I'm sitting on my badges until the 2.4 vendor opens up.
Fedaykin98

Postby Dorvan » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:56 pm

I'd favor the 2.4 legs/2.3 chest before the cloak, but you can't really go wrong picking up the cloak either as it's best-in-slot for Tankadins until Sunwell.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby BigBlueCheese » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:03 pm

Alright, thanks.

Saving up for the chestguard it is.
BigBlueCheese

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice