Arcatraz Heroic - Arcane Sentinels

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Arcatraz Heroic - Arcane Sentinels

Postby rabbel » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:49 pm

Good evening.

Today, I ran the heroic Arc with some friends, because two of us needed the quest for the "Champion of the Naaru". Well, we wiped like hell, mainly because we played like some retarded morons, but we had our fun, and we finally made it. But that's not my concern.

Might it be that those Arcane Sentinels are currently bugged, or have gotten some sort of major change in their aggro table? I tanked the first one after Zereketh, DPS got in action, and suddenly he turns and runs right after our mage. I taunt him away, judge him, he turns and runs right after our mage. I bubble the mage, drop a consecrate, judge him, he turns and runs right after our mage. I taunt him the second time, pop the wings and throw the shield, followed by a judgement, he turns and kills our mage, then kills the resto shaman, the rogue and finally me. Whatever I did to get his attention, he followed it for about 3-4 seconds, and then completely ignored it. According to Omen I was about 10k threat in front of our mage, but that doesn't seem to bother him anyway. The whole time the mage did nothing except fleeing from the sentinel, he didn't even throw one spell.
And not only this guy has done it, every single of them did it, but we were prepared, and got them down quite easily.

So my question is: Has anybody else noticed a change, because when I ran the heroic Arc the last time (last Sunday), the behaved completely like they are supposed to.
Last edited by rabbel on Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rabbel

Postby Invisusira » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:50 pm

They randomly switch aggro. They've always been that way.

I hate mobs that do that, it's a retarded gimic.
Invisusira

Postby rabbel » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:54 pm

Well, I have run those instance a couple of times since I hit level 70, most of the times on heroic difficulty, but I haven't even noticed them doing it _once_. This is the reason why I was so suprised to see them doing it this time. Didn't know they have some sort of random aggroswitch.
rabbel

Postby Kelaan » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:51 pm

It's been nearly a year since I ran heroic Arcatraz on my hunter, let alone normal; can you still trap them? I recall doing it on normal, and figured you might be able to on Heroic, also. (Sorry -- CC options are only minorly off-topic for tanking, I figure. ;))

Didn't know about the random aggro-switch, though. I'll be watching out for that once I get there on this guy. :D
Kelaan

Postby Vagrant » Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:21 am

My personal observation about the sentinels:
The aggro switch may work on threat per second value.
Usually tanking something like that you get a threat lead and then slow down until the dps catches you, which is the same moment the mob dies.
Testing with the Arca sentinels i noticed going all out on threat with HoWs and all did keep them for the whole fight.
Vagrant

Postby Wulfhere » Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:15 am

What seems to work for me is using SoV on them.

Edit: oops, you're a BE :)
Wulfhere

Postby Arcand » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:40 pm

Taunt them the first time, stun them the second time. If there's a third time you should be able to taunt them again.

If there's a fourth, your DPS will, and deserve to, die. ;)
Arcand

Postby Worldie » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:19 pm

Look at it positively, until some patches ago they were "immune" to taunt, u could taunt em and they would turn on you but they would not have got the taunt debuff, and turn over someone else after a second again.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics