Remove Advertisements

Kalec

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Kalec

Postby atheas » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:51 pm

No easy way to say it. I am getting smoked in this fight. 540~ def 28% dodge 20% parry and about 20k hp buffed. I know resonance is in effect and alters these numbers.

A question i have: Can dodge be negative? if i have 18% dodge and resonance is factored, do i have -2% dodge or 0. If it is zero it would make sense to limit dodge as much as possible and throw on parry/def gear.

I am still looking for gear options such as illidan helm, za trinket, kael gloves but if i worried more about parry/BV/def could i simply neglect dodge?
atheas

Postby Worldie » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:52 pm

No dodge can't get negative. You just drop to 0

And erm, 20k hp buffed is LOW
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby atheas » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:53 pm

The two other tanks have 21k and 21.5k hp so i am lagging there
atheas

Postby Elsie » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:49 pm

Remember there's a -25% avoidance 'buff to mobs' in sunwell.

Your HP is pretty low.
Elsie

Postby Neuron » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:36 am

the fight is very doable with your HP. if you are in what is probably the appropriate or mostly appropriate gear, which with that much defense seems like you are, then there is probably a problem with your strategy and how heals are coordinated.

all tanks seem to take about the same amount of damage here, even the "i have everything from BT" warriors. an extra 3k hp would be better but its not the end of the world or bad enough to prevent you from tanking it.

- dont taunt off others, taunt off kalec below
- know when to pop trinkets based on how many healers are on your side
- come prepared with about 40 ironshields per night.
http://www.ardentdefender.com - A combat log parsing API
Neuron

Postby Hankthetank » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:32 am

Neuron wrote:the fight is very doable with your HP. if you are in what is probably the appropriate or mostly appropriate gear, which with that much defense seems like you are, then there is probably a problem with your strategy and how heals are coordinated.

all tanks seem to take about the same amount of damage here, even the "i have everything from BT" warriors. an extra 3k hp would be better but its not the end of the world or bad enough to prevent you from tanking it.

- dont taunt off others, taunt off kalec below
- know when to pop trinkets based on how many healers are on your side
- come prepared with about 40 ironshields per night.

I can agree with the Ironshield comment. My pally sits at like 17k hp buffed, as well as some pretty gimp stats all around (including the shield from Nightbane) Without using Ironshields, I was getting 2-shot. With ironshields, my healers had a much easier time keeping me up.

I'm almost tempted to try using a Greater Agility+Defense elixir combo for this since it would help my survivability much more, but the lasts-through-death bonus from a flask is still too high. ;)
Hankthetank

Postby Elsie » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:52 am

I'm almost tempted to try using a Greater Agility+Defense elixir combo for this since it would help my survivability much more, but the lasts-through-death bonus from a flask is still too high.

Money vs progression seems like an easy answer.
Elsie

Postby Lore » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:49 am

Moved to Sunwell forum.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Oramac » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:09 am

i've had excellent luck tanking this in a max EH set. sacrifices some dodge for about another 1K HP and some more armor. plus i get 60 hit rating + precision to boot. no resisted taunts FTW! unfortunately, we've only gotten him to 2% on our best try, but im sure we'll get him soon. hoping for an Ally server first.
Aplus wrote:Yeah every time I get a big head, I go and try to solo a warlock.brings me back down to earth pretty fast
Oramac

Postby Splug » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:58 am

I agree with Oromac on this one. With the sunwell mob-accuracy buff, avoidance is too unreliable to bank on (which is a real shame because I was a huge advocate of evasion tanking bosses in BT). Gearing for EH as a primary goal and threat/avoidance as secondary really shines here.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Nicki » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:34 pm

When I went I found better returns from avoidance gear I had picked up rather than tank gear. True im severely undergeared for sunwell but in avoidance gear my chances of living were higher and I wasn't 'gimping' my health too much 21k and 55% avoidance was far better than 22.5k and 45% avoidance. There are some very good avoidance items out there, leos belt comes to mind...

no combat logs so i couldnt analyse I got dcd randomly =\ and gahhhhhh because it turned off my /combatlog...Q_Q
To face death and glory with an equal smile
Nicki

Postby Aetherial » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:37 pm

I'll third that, while you *can* do this with avoidance primary if you're in full BT gear, you're better off going the EH route. Our first kill I was in my usual Illidan set, 2nd kill I pumped up the stamina. Noticeable difference... first kill I died in the enrage, 2nd kill I didn't.

Get used to going for EH though, because while you can *kind of* go either way on Kalecgos, Brutallus is unforgiving as an 18 wheeler.
Aetherial

Postby ricmrune » Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:46 am

I am wondering about the avoidance effect as well. Usually my "normal" tanking set is low on the avoidance end at about 19% dodge and 18% parry but high on stam with 18.5k HP (all stats unbuffed). This set has served me well up to council.

On Kalecgos dragon form however, I'm getting hits of around 7k consistently and I'm not seeing many dodges and parries than I used to. Demon form isn't a problem. So if I'm on dragon, the healers are having a hell of a time to keep me up.

I can swap some items around to get around 25% dodge and drop to 16.6k HP. But I didn't get a chance to test it since the guild changed strats and I sat out.

Can someone link a source that explains the anti-avoidance buff that mobs are getting? And what would be the minimal dodge/parry numbers to carry in Sunwell or at least Kalecgos.
ricmrune

Postby Gerilith » Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:59 am

Are you using Ironshield Potions? There is no avoidance stacking needed. Just have enough HP and armor.
Standing alone with no direction
How did I fall so far behind?
Why Am I searching for perfection?
Knowing it's something I won't find
Gerilith

Postby Tisiphone » Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:02 pm

My gear isn't so glorious...
We have actually had one night of tries on him so far, but it seemed to be no problems tanking him with 22.5k HP buffed and about 60% avoidance. Not really sure if this counts as avoidance or EH set, though.
Like they say, bind all buttons to FoL and just roll your head over the keyboard.
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... =Tisiphone
Tisiphone

Next

Return to Sunwell Plateau