Goblin Rocket Launcher Broken?

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Goblin Rocket Launcher Broken?

Postby SSJPred » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:18 am

Before 2.4 I was able to hit any target with the Rocket launcher and do damage..

Now if the target is immune to stun he seems to be immune to my rocket launcher as well..

is this happening for anyone else?
SSJPred

Postby sapientialb » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:01 am

Are you getting Immune's or misses?

They made a change I believe to Item Effects so they are firing at the level of the player instead of the Ilevel of the item.

I'm getting immune's on the stun portion from the robot dudes around Sunwell but they're still taking the damage.

"Tanks need many stats, including No-blink crotch staring resistance" - Snake-Aes
sapientialb

Postby SSJPred » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:12 am

I'm getting Immune and no damage. All the bosses in MGT and TK instances so far.. but if the mob is stunnable it does damage and stuns..
SSJPred

Postby halabar » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:15 am

I think blizz made some major changes they aren't talking about. Something is new under the hood. With aggro issues and resists, it seems like they added something, and that's one of the reason Omen and such are broken.

Watch your combat log to see exactly what's happening.

Also, they changed the way a lot of items work. Items now work at YOUR level, not the item's level, so, mobs are much more likely to resist.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Kelaan » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:42 am

halabar wrote:Items now work at YOUR level, not the item's level, so, mobs are much more likely to resist.

... That could make engineering reflectors and death rays much more interesting. ;) I wonder if it applies to them.
Kelaan

Postby Lightstrider » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:47 am

Kelaan wrote:
halabar wrote:Items now work at YOUR level, not the item's level, so, mobs are much more likely to resist.

... That could make engineering reflectors and death rays much more interesting. ;) I wonder if it applies to them.

Not really they don't work against targets past level 60. The reflectors don't work past a level 60 target and the death ray doesn't hit that hard at 70.
Lightstrider

Postby halabar » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:09 pm

Kelaan wrote:

It actually is a substancial nerf to MANY items. Any lvl 115 or 135 item, that used to work at that level, it now works at YOUR level. Resist city ftl.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Hammerheals » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:34 pm

I'm not sure how it was before 2.4, I got my rocket launcher the day after. But yes, all mobs in kara that are immune to the stun are not taking the damage.
Image[/url]
Hammerheals

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice