Remove Advertisements

Trinket Advice

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Trinket Advice

Postby Jirroll » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:41 am

I'm almost afraid to post this, I am already really struggling with the answer.

Need some trinket input. I'm still a relatively new tank, gear set is nice, highly BV based since all I really do now is tank up to Heroics. Hoping to learn to OT Kara soon but that's about it.

Been tanking OCCASIONALLY but am determined to spec back to Prot and stay that way for awhile and really just...practice being a tank. Doing it once a week or less is a waste with all the good tanking gear I've built up.

Anyway my question is about trinket advice, keeping in mind what I'm currently doing with my character. I can make uncrushable without a trinket so I can pretty much swap either as I want.

My trinkets include Dabri's Engima and Admanatite Figurine but I've outgrown them both I feel, just wanted to mention them for completion sake.

Currently I tend to have Moroes with my Rocket Launcher. I have the badges for the Autoblocker and want to pick it up, not really worried about upcoming Badge gear, I'll cross that bridge later. My gear is largely based on BV and I think the Autoblocker would be a nice addition.

But also of note is I have the complete Furies Deck. Just waiting for the Faire and I will be able to get Darkmoon Card: Vengeance.

I am not sure what 2 trinkets I'm going to want in for my cases of say Tanking a Heroic. Perhaps The Card and Autoblocker once I have them? I just don't know...been giving it alot of thought.

I hardly got to use the Rocket Launcher. Sad I may of outgrown it already. :(
Jirroll

Postby Robbert » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:47 am

You can't go wrong with Darkmoon Card: Vengeance + Moroes' Lucky Pocket Watch.
Robbert

Postby Dorvan » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:09 pm

Robbert wrote:You can't go wrong with Darkmoon Card: Vengeance + Moroes' Lucky Pocket Watch.

^^ This is a great way to go. The auto-blocker instead of the pocketwatch is also a solid choice for AoE'ing heroics.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Widdox » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:11 pm

If you can do heroic MgT, I'd look at Moroes' Lucky Pocket Watch and the Commendation trinket.
Widdox

Postby Frickit » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:13 pm

jeez i wish i had your trinkets and Im tanking Gruul and ZA now.
Frickit

Postby xyzor » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:22 pm

Pocketwatch + Commendation/DMC:V for the rest of our tanking lives, IMO. There are some situational swaps you can make, but those 'two' will be your bread and butter for a long time.
xyzor

Postby Jirroll » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:54 pm

Sounds like I should be second guessing even buying the Autoblocker.
Jirroll

Postby Frickit » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:56 pm

Jirroll wrote:Sounds like I should be second guessing even buying the Autoblocker.

use it for aoe grinding and whatever
Frickit

Postby Jirroll » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:20 pm

I wouldn't want to use the Autoblocker for everyday Heroic runs?
Jirroll

Postby Frickit » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:49 pm

Jirroll wrote:I wouldn't want to use the Autoblocker for everyday Heroic runs?

in my current state I dont have many options so ive used figurine of collosus or w/e and dabiris until I just got my pocket watch yesterday. Now I have watch + figurine. The autoblocker might be better than the figurine but Im not sure I just know it has a lot of BV on it. Im barely uncrushable though so thats just me.

you can remove both trinkets and pick your nose with one hand and still own heroics... heroics is easy
Last edited by Frickit on Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frickit

Postby Tunos » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:13 pm

I use the DMC:V and the Commendation personally. Together they are over 120 stamina with our talents I believe.
Tunos

Postby Fedaykin98 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:36 pm

Jirroll wrote:Sounds like I should be second guessing even buying the Autoblocker.

Yes, do not buy. Someday, when you have all the other badge gear you could want, maybe. I haven't needed or wanted it yet, though. Serious AoE tanking doesn't occur until T5, and I don't know whether people use it much there. Hyjal, I'm pretty sure they do.

I'm running with Moroes Pocketwatch + Commendation of Kaelthas (was DMC:Vengeance last week) in my physical damage mobs set, and DMC: Vengeance + Commendation of Kaelthas (was Violet Badge) in my Max STA/magic damage mobs set.
Fedaykin98

Postby Dianora » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:11 pm

Robbert wrote:You can't go wrong with Darkmoon Card: Vengeance + Moroes' Lucky Pocket Watch.

For my main tank set, i've had [item=31858]Darkmoon Card: Vengeance[/item] and [item=28528]Moroes' Lucky Pocket Watch[/item] for a while. Yesterday, I build [item=35693]Figurine - Empyrean Tortoise[/item] to replace [item=28528]Moroes' Lucky Pocket Watch[/item]. The use bonus is a bit worse, but the passive bonus does provide a bit more avoidance.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Tybalt » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:19 pm

Like any other piece of gear in a tankadin's arsenal, trinkets are situational. In my bag, I still carry (and regularly use):

- Commendation of Kael'thas
- Darkmoon Card: Vengeance
- Moroes' Lucky Pocket Watch
- Figurine: Dawnstone Crab
- Figurine: Living Ruby Serpent
- Spyglass of the Hidden Fleet (likely to be retired)
- Scarab of Displacement
- Figurine of the Colossus
- Glowing Crystal Insignia
Tybalt

Postby Ryoku » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:07 am

I got a question.

I got the magister terrace trinket and I am also sitting on the furies deck waiting to be turned in.

Question is. Is it worth turning the deck in or should I just sell it for 1800-2000g?

I am mainly tanking MH trash and BT trash.
Ryoku

Next

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice