ARE You UNCRUSHABLE? FIND OUT THE EASY WAY!

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Postby Livyan » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:18 am

..And had I followed the link and read a tad before posting, I wouldn't have looked like a total dumbass.
Mea culpa.
Lore the Loremaster! (Bad pun, I know..)

Tired Tankadin makes for bad writing. <.<
Livyan

Postby Lore » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:19 am

THERE IS NO FORGIVENESS, NOW YOU MUST DIE
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Eloff » Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:35 am

He won't die... he'll just BLOCK, BLOCK, PARRY, BLOCK, DODGE, BLOCK...

(I'm assuming everyone else gets Block block block spam on their screens? I love seeing that when I duel rogues.)
"With your shield or on it" - Spartan Code of Conduct

Eloff

Postby Ubung » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:22 pm

Just tried this and wow, excellent macro. Does it nice an easy although shocked me when I had only 68% :S

Couldnt quite work out tankpoints though because that says 57% mitigation but I noticed it only changes a small amount when you activate Holy Shield. Is that already taken into account with tankpoints and if so why are the values different?

rofl Eloff :D
nerf scissors, buff paper, rock is fine!

Ubung

Postby corc » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:38 pm

Ubung wrote:Just tried this and wow, excellent macro. Does it nice an easy although shocked me when I had only 68% :S

Couldnt quite work out tankpoints though because that says 57% mitigation but I noticed it only changes a small amount when you activate Holy Shield. Is that already taken into account with tankpoints and if so why are the values different?

rofl Eloff :D

tank points starts at level 73 mob. so it will show a different number--you only need to get to 100% with tankpoints. if you decrease the mob level to 70 you'll see the same numbers as the macro.

the macro is used for level 70 comparision and the 2.4% above 100% is so you are uncrushable to a level 73. just two different ways to do it.
Dwarf Pali on Ner'Zhul
"Mostly Harmless"
corc

Postby Ubung » Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:14 am

Right when I alter Tankpoints at the bottom to lvl 70 it produces the same result as the macro does. Thanks a lot for the info Corc m8 ;)
nerf scissors, buff paper, rock is fine!

Ubung

Postby Luftblase » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:13 am

There is actually a flaw with this macro that was fixed and posted on the Paladin Board on the WOW forums. I have lost the link, but here is the macro:

/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(string.format("Need 102.4 avoidance. Currently: %s",floor((GetDodgeChance()+GetBlockChance()+GetParryChance()+5+(GetCombatRatingBonus(CR_DEFENSE_SKILL)+UnitDefense("Player")-5*UnitLevel("Player"))*0.04)*100)/100))

This macro looks at your talents, rather than having them hard coded and such.
Blessing of Sanctuary is what I cast on Rogues when they whine too often about getting Might.
... if I gave them Salvation I wouldn't get to laugh when they die.
... if I give them Wisdom it reminds the Mages that I could be giving it to them, too.
Luftblase

Postby Dynaeus » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:57 pm

Thank you, this macro is wonderful.

-Dyna

Viva la Pro Pally!
Dynaeus

Previous

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations