gruull T_T 1 month of try not down yet..

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby ferrus » Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:39 am

14% on best try...
:(

the problem is that in all our attempt the best result is 16 grolw but normalli the MT explode near 12th growl during the first reverberation.
I know everiting about hot, shield and so on ..but still the tank take 2 hit of 6-7k damage or unluky a crush of 11k..
We try with a warrior same result...
Next week we can try with 2 feral druid probably best solution.
Our feral druid accomplish to tank till 18th growl in one desperate try with few dps alive.
thanks for all the advice i'll post any news after our next attemp :D
an in progress tankadin ^^
User avatar
ferrus
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:56 am

Postby Strom » Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:55 am

ferrus wrote:14% on best try...
:(

the problem is that in all our attempt the best result is 16 grolw but normalli the MT explode near 12th growl during the first reverberation.
I know everiting about hot, shield and so on ..but still the tank take 2 hit of 6-7k damage or unluky a crush of 11k..
We try with a warrior same result...
Next week we can try with 2 feral druid probably best solution.
Our feral druid accomplish to tank till 18th growl in one desperate try with few dps alive.
thanks for all the advice i'll post any news after our next attemp :D


Sounds like your DPS either needs to stay alive longer or they need some gear upgrades.

How many healers you take? We have been using 7 (6 with 1 off-spec). We had 3 on the MT (me) and 3 on the OT (druid) and one for the raid (resto druid). I think we plan to switch this up. I am going to put 4 on myself and 2 on the OT next attempt.

Also, I plan to have a warrior intervene on me whenever possible after growth 10 and if the healers on me are either out of range or silenced.

I think I will also chug ironshield pots until we can get out DPS improved. I think we will kill him around growth 14-15. I will be very suprised if we do not get him this week.
Image
Strom
 
Posts: 396
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:46 am

Postby Baelor » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:17 pm

Strom wrote:
ferrus wrote:14% on best try...
:(

the problem is that in all our attempt the best result is 16 grolw but normalli the MT explode near 12th growl during the first reverberation.
I know everiting about hot, shield and so on ..but still the tank take 2 hit of 6-7k damage or unluky a crush of 11k..
We try with a warrior same result...
Next week we can try with 2 feral druid probably best solution.
Our feral druid accomplish to tank till 18th growl in one desperate try with few dps alive.
thanks for all the advice i'll post any news after our next attemp :D


Sounds like your DPS either needs to stay alive longer or they need some gear upgrades.

How many healers you take? We have been using 7 (6 with 1 off-spec). We had 3 on the MT (me) and 3 on the OT (druid) and one for the raid (resto druid). I think we plan to switch this up. I am going to put 4 on myself and 2 on the OT next attempt.

Also, I plan to have a warrior intervene on me whenever possible after growth 10 and if the healers on me are either out of range or silenced.

I think I will also chug ironshield pots until we can get out DPS improved. I think we will kill him around growth 14-15. I will be very suprised if we do not get him this week.

If I may offer some advice on your healing strategy, Strom.
Assign one healer to the OT, keep the resto druid on raid healing, and have all other healers assigned to you. If the OT's dodge is at a decent level, and is sporting a lot of armor/HP as a bear normally does, you should be okay if you assign one healer (a priest, paladin, or resto shaman preferably, resto druid's heals are a bit slow for this) to concentrate on the OT alone. With 7 healers - 5 on MT, 1 on OT, 1 on raid - you should be okay on healing up to around growth 12 or so... at which point they need to start spamming large heals and praying. Also, around growth 11/12 start having any holy paladins you have use Divine Shield and spam big heals during Reverberation, as having all your healers silenced is a killer at that point in the fight.
I am the light that brings the dawn.
Something Wicked this way comes.
Formerly: Baelor of Runetotem-US (2006-2007) | Cathmor of Malfurion-US (2007-2010)
Follow me on Twitter
User avatar
Baelor
Moderator
 
Posts: 2677
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:42 am
Location: New York

Postby Strom » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:37 pm

Baelor wrote:
Strom wrote:
ferrus wrote:14% on best try...
:(

the problem is that in all our attempt the best result is 16 grolw but normalli the MT explode near 12th growl during the first reverberation.
I know everiting about hot, shield and so on ..but still the tank take 2 hit of 6-7k damage or unluky a crush of 11k..
We try with a warrior same result...
Next week we can try with 2 feral druid probably best solution.
Our feral druid accomplish to tank till 18th growl in one desperate try with few dps alive.
thanks for all the advice i'll post any news after our next attemp :D


Sounds like your DPS either needs to stay alive longer or they need some gear upgrades.

How many healers you take? We have been using 7 (6 with 1 off-spec). We had 3 on the MT (me) and 3 on the OT (druid) and one for the raid (resto druid). I think we plan to switch this up. I am going to put 4 on myself and 2 on the OT next attempt.

Also, I plan to have a warrior intervene on me whenever possible after growth 10 and if the healers on me are either out of range or silenced.

I think I will also chug ironshield pots until we can get out DPS improved. I think we will kill him around growth 14-15. I will be very suprised if we do not get him this week.

If I may offer some advice on your healing strategy, Strom.
Assign one healer to the OT, keep the resto druid on raid healing, and have all other healers assigned to you. If the OT's dodge is at a decent level, and is sporting a lot of armor/HP as a bear normally does, you should be okay if you assign one healer (a priest, paladin, or resto shaman preferably, resto druid's heals are a bit slow for this) to concentrate on the OT alone. With 7 healers - 5 on MT, 1 on OT, 1 on raid - you should be okay on healing up to around growth 12 or so... at which point they need to start spamming large heals and praying. Also, around growth 11/12 start having any holy paladins you have use Divine Shield and spam big heals during Reverberation, as having all your healers silenced is a killer at that point in the fight.


Thanks I will take your advice!

We should have 3 holy paladins, 2 holy/dis priests, and 2 resto druids for the raid.

I will put 2 paladins, both priests, and 1 druid on me. I will put 1 paladin on the OT and the 2nd resto druid on the raid.

How does that sound?
Image
Strom
 
Posts: 396
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:46 am

Postby Baelor » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:00 pm

Strom wrote:
Baelor wrote:
Strom wrote:
ferrus wrote:14% on best try...
:(

the problem is that in all our attempt the best result is 16 grolw but normalli the MT explode near 12th growl during the first reverberation.
I know everiting about hot, shield and so on ..but still the tank take 2 hit of 6-7k damage or unluky a crush of 11k..
We try with a warrior same result...
Next week we can try with 2 feral druid probably best solution.
Our feral druid accomplish to tank till 18th growl in one desperate try with few dps alive.
thanks for all the advice i'll post any news after our next attemp :D


Sounds like your DPS either needs to stay alive longer or they need some gear upgrades.

How many healers you take? We have been using 7 (6 with 1 off-spec). We had 3 on the MT (me) and 3 on the OT (druid) and one for the raid (resto druid). I think we plan to switch this up. I am going to put 4 on myself and 2 on the OT next attempt.

Also, I plan to have a warrior intervene on me whenever possible after growth 10 and if the healers on me are either out of range or silenced.

I think I will also chug ironshield pots until we can get out DPS improved. I think we will kill him around growth 14-15. I will be very suprised if we do not get him this week.

If I may offer some advice on your healing strategy, Strom.
Assign one healer to the OT, keep the resto druid on raid healing, and have all other healers assigned to you. If the OT's dodge is at a decent level, and is sporting a lot of armor/HP as a bear normally does, you should be okay if you assign one healer (a priest, paladin, or resto shaman preferably, resto druid's heals are a bit slow for this) to concentrate on the OT alone. With 7 healers - 5 on MT, 1 on OT, 1 on raid - you should be okay on healing up to around growth 12 or so... at which point they need to start spamming large heals and praying. Also, around growth 11/12 start having any holy paladins you have use Divine Shield and spam big heals during Reverberation, as having all your healers silenced is a killer at that point in the fight.


Thanks I will take your advice!

We should have 3 holy paladins, 2 holy/dis priests, and 2 resto druids for the raid.

I will put 2 paladins, both priests, and 1 druid on me. I will put 1 paladin on the OT and the 2nd resto druid on the raid.

How does that sound?

Sounds fine. Tell the paladin on the OT to not hesistate to use Holy Light, as he probably won't need to spam heals into the bear. He'll be able to regen between casts. Have the raid-healing druid go around in tree form HoT'ing everyone up after shatters and throwing HoT's on the MT (you). Everyone else, focus on not killing each other during shatter and healing you!
I am the light that brings the dawn.
Something Wicked this way comes.
Formerly: Baelor of Runetotem-US (2006-2007) | Cathmor of Malfurion-US (2007-2010)
Follow me on Twitter
User avatar
Baelor
Moderator
 
Posts: 2677
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:42 am
Location: New York

Postby Diocaska » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:13 am

To repeat everything said here, Growth 16 should be the latest he drops.

Any later, and your dps is lacking.
Aurellia(90) Ulshala(85) Diocaska(85) Leighesha(85)
User avatar
Diocaska
 
Posts: 690
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:10 am

Postby Gray » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:51 am

Downed him on our second visit there with warrior MT, 3rd visit with druid MT. Druid got crushed and killed at 12%, i picked him up and held him until 1% (with 6 of our dps dead), got killed but he died shortly after.

Dropped the ALD for me :)
Gray
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:12 pm

Postby Blaen99 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:57 am

Err.

Gruul dropped at growth ~10 on the first attempt we did Gruul for my guild.

Your DPS are -severely- slacking. It's not the tanks or the healers - it's the DPS's fault. Gruul should be more than dead for you by now.
Image
User avatar
Blaen99
 
Posts: 383
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:14 pm

Re: gruull T_T 1 month of try not down yet..

Postby Joonho » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:16 pm

ferrus wrote:i have 15k of armor, buffed 17k of healt and 19% dodge 18% parry 50% block with holy shield 512 defence

Holy shield was up every time. Our druid tank takes hit for 6 to 7k on growl 15-16 i take at that time 12-15k of damage ...O.o


I'm not exactly sure, but with 50% block, that means ur have 15% unbuffed? Looks like your still crushable, and 1 crush from Gruul will ruin everything. Even if your not, DPS was lacking, you should encourage your raiders to burn cooldowns often and use consumables; they shouldn't really have aggro trouble with a paladin tank and a competant druid OT.

Gotta make sure people survive the ground slams, too many dead people might be the reason your DPS was slow.
Joonho
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:49 pm

Postby Frickit » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:39 am

we just got him down for the first time at growth 15 and the hurtful strikes were hitting me for almost all my health

we are getting better but all three tanks died before Gruul did.
Image
Frickit
 
Posts: 1356
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:34 pm

Postby Jobah » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:14 pm

Dunno what trinkets you're using, but whenever i tank gruul i use Moroes pocket watch. My guild usually has him down around grow 10, but i usually pop my trinket when i think its going to be the last silence.

I saw some posts about druids vs paladins vs warriors MTing this? One night my guild was a little low on tanks and we went in with myself and 2 druids. I ended up dying really early in the fight cuz the healers were slacking, so the druid who was OTing took over and the other druid clicked off salv and quickly moved into 2nd in agro. I dont know how they do it.... but druids take crushings amazingly well. We have the druid who took over the MT spot once i die tank Tidewalker and he does a better job than any of our warriors. Druids might take crushings... but they take them well. You can workout the numbers and be like "theyre not that much better" but man ive seen it... Ive seen warriors go down BECAUSE of 1 single crushing at a bad moment, but ive seen druids take sporadic crushings an entire fight and stay alive.
Jobah
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:49 pm

Postby Worldie » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:32 pm

A crushing on a Druid usually hits for as much as a normal hit on a paladin/warrior, at least in t4 content.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13652
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Postby Zeels » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:13 pm

Commendation of Kael'Thas was really imba on gruul kicked in alot of times
and 30 secs cooldown is enough between each shatter.
By the Power of Grey Skull!

Lvl 80 Spanks you very much Spankadin!

Spank
User avatar
Zeels
 
Posts: 499
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:44 am
Location: SWE/GBG

Previous

Return to High King / Gruul / Mag

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest