imp bug in heroic MGT

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

imp bug in heroic MGT

Postby thejuice » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:33 am

Ok, so the other day in heroic Magister's terrace, we wiped a few times on trash, and we noticed that there was a random imp just chilling in the robot hall after the 2nd boss. were like "lol wtf" and our mage proceeds to start stabbing it up. about 10 seconds later, its associated warlock and the whole pack of mobs comes and rapes us. We ran into the imp again later and the hall before Kael. Has anyone else run into this glitch?
thejuice

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:42 am

Happened to me too. We just prepared before his aggro radius, killed him and proceeded to cc-tank-spank the associated adds as they came.

I mean, even in heroic you can instagib the imp with Shield->Ex->HoW
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Dnasheen2 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:39 am

yah, happened to me a few times too.

Just leave that imp alone and pull the regular pack as normal.

The bugged Imp alone has no aggro radius, but if you attack him, the entire associated pack will aggro.

I once managed to run all the way and zone out, and when we zoned in, the whole pack reset, but the Imp was right by the instance entrance. lol
Dnasheen2

Postby Pizbit » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:46 am

Yup, had this too, sucked.
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:49 am

Dnasheen2 wrote:I once managed to run all the way and zone out, and when we zoned in, the whole pack reset, but the Imp was right by the instance entrance. lol

Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Splug » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:30 am

We had the imps pull these stunts for us a few nights ago. One of the mages from that group sent me a tell two days later, saying they had a replay of the "random imp standing in the middle of nowhere." Rather than killing it, they left it where it stood and continued clearing. When they pulled the third boss, the imp, its associated group, and everything between that group and the third boss came running in and wrecked them. Not entirely sure how that worked, but the imp was back where he belonged after that wipe.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Haylo » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:55 pm

Splug wrote:We had the imps pull these stunts for us a few nights ago. One of the mages from that group sent me a tell two days later, saying they had a replay of the "random imp standing in the middle of nowhere." Rather than killing it, they left it where it stood and continued clearing. When they pulled the third boss, the imp, its associated group, and everything between that group and the third boss came running in and wrecked them. Not entirely sure how that worked, but the imp was back where he belonged after that wipe.

-Splug

I also had this stupid Imp Bug
Haylo

Postby Zhalseran » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:11 pm

ive had this a couple times as well, both on normal and heroic
Zhalseran

Postby Moses » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:40 pm

I had this happen when our mage ran halfway out of the instance before remembering he had invisibility. I assumed that this is only going to happen when someone kites the group away before a wipe. Has anyone had this happen without wiping?
Moses

Postby Snake-Aes » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:50 pm

Moses wrote: Has anyone had this happen without wiping?
The imp would be dead.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics