Remove Advertisements

halazzi's lolwtfcleave.

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

halazzi's lolwtfcleave.

Postby thorn » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:58 am

so me and mr. (13-14k unbuffed) warrior are stacked on each other and halazzi comes barreling towards me. we are doing good for a majority of the fight but the healing proves too intense for our three paladin healers. yes, that's right. three. bleh. it's all we could find at that hour.

but to make a long story short, they screwed up and didn't get the warrior's health up in time and he died on one of our attempts. and so i was like, "all three healers on hurin. keep me topped off", i told them, and they did. a cleave is supposed to do 17-18k damage to a tank, and i had 19.5k health, so i figured if we were on our game, we could still do this and get the kill, since we were so close...

and then i died to a 20.5k cleave... just after i was healed to my full 19.5.

what.

the.

f.

that pisses me off. what is this, now, prejudice cleaves? "smart-cleaves"? gimme a break. i should have been able to take that hit, what with three healers.

i have tried to make this post in the form of a question, but honestly? i can't. i don't know what to ask. i just wanted to piss and moan. damn cleave should follow the rules; doesn't it read wowwiki? jesus. please hit for 18k next time. pls kthx. :|
thorn
Maintankadonor

Re: halazzi's lolwtfcleave.

Postby Maihes » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:03 am

Double Post.....
Last edited by Maihes on Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maihes

Postby Maihes » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:04 am

thorn wrote:so me and mr. (13-14k unbuffed) warrior are stacked on each other and halazzi comes barreling towards me. we are doing good for a majority of the fight but the healing proves too intense for our three paladin healers. yes, that's right. three. bleh. it's all we could find at that hour.

but to make a long story short, they screwed up and didn't get the warrior's health up in time and he died on one of our attempts. and so i was like, "all three healers on hurin. keep me topped off", i told them, and they did. a cleave is supposed to do 17-18k damage to a tank, and i had 19.5k health, so i figured if we were on our game, we could still do this and get the kill, since we were so close...

and then i died to a 20.5k cleave... just after i was healed to my full 19.5.

what.

the.

f.

that pisses me off. what is this, now, prejudice cleaves? "smart-cleaves"? gimme a break. i should have been able to take that hit, what with three healers.

i have tried to make this post in the form of a question, but honestly? i can't. i don't know what to ask. i just wanted to piss and moan. damn cleave should follow the rules; doesn't it read wowwiki? jesus. please hit for 18k next time. pls kthx. :|

Was he frenzied? This increases damage I believe. As well as haste. Also are you popping Armor Potions for extra mitigation? Granted if the off tank dies... well.
Maihes

Postby Bryne » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:14 am

thorn wrote:and then i died to a 20.5k cleave... just after i was healed to my full 19.5.

Get more armor/better healers/a hardier offtank.
Bryne

Postby Afraithe » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:19 am

Meh, we use a DPS warrior in Arena gear infront of the boss going nutz, to cut a minute off the timer here, but then again, most of my team are usually in T6.
Afraithe

Postby thorn » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:14 am

yeah, he was probably frenzied. good point; i didn't think of that. i guess that would explain the sudden increase in cleave damage. i had eaten a couple before that alone and survived, but not like the last one. a frenzy would explain it.

the rest of the solutions posted above... would be solved by not pugging fill-in members. something we're working towards. ;)
thorn
Maintankadonor

Postby Ashmadai » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:14 am

I know last week when I was in there the druid tank and myself both were taking about 10k each from the cleave towards the end of the fight, so it must be the frenzy. We had no hunter so no tranq shot.
Ashmadai

Postby Seloei » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:18 am

Actually... this fight is not more about EH but more pure avoidance to avoid the cleaves all together. If you can spare one, then drop a enh/elem shammie with grace of air in your group. Helps a ton, think last time i only got hit with cleave 2-3 times on the total fight (~61% pure avoidance)
Seloei

Postby Caliban » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:26 am

what really helped our group is having me offtank and shield, BoP, Moroes trinket, BoP(from another paladin) and then finally shielding again. I shaved off a good 150k damage with that, and even had a healer die (damn resists on the lynx >.<) and just destoryed him still.
Caliban

Postby QuantumDelta » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:31 pm

Seloei wrote:Actually... this fight is not more about EH but more pure avoidance to avoid the cleaves all together. If you can spare one, then drop a enh/elem shammie with grace of air in your group. Helps a ton, think last time i only got hit with cleave 2-3 times on the total fight (~61% pure avoidance)

AFTER you have enough HP to comfortably survive Saber Lash + a few swings.
nani shini umareta no? nani shini koko ni iru?
ikinokoritai, umaranai kizum, hikari osoreteta
QuantumDelta

Postby Minn » Fri May 02, 2008 4:49 am

Bit of a necrobump, but you also want to make sure some form of Attack Power debuff is active on a boss like Halazzi. If your warrior was down, and demo shout was your AP debuff, that could explain a larger than usual cleave. Warlocks, Warriors and Druids can all apply AP debuffs. If you're a Paladin tanking in ZA, get used to tracking down someone who will religiously keep these debuffs up.

Setting up an "oh-s&*(" rotation for an untimely tank-death might be a good idea. Rogues can jump in and pop evasion, paladins can stand in and bubble, heck, you can BoP anyone next to you for a few more seconds of split cleaves.
Minn

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri May 02, 2008 5:51 am

Halazzi is the only fight in ZA that I mt with all my survivability gear, and one of the 2 where I use survivability consumables(ironshield, elixirs, food). The difference is significative. Damage drops like 400 or 500 per hit with ironshield alone.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby rodos » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:43 am

If I recall from the one night of attempts I've made on this guy, the cleave is blockable. Thus if you take it alone, you take more than 2x the damage you would take as one of a pair because your block value only counts once, if you get my meaning.
rodos

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:57 am

rodos wrote:If I recall from the one night of attempts I've made on this guy, the cleave is blockable. Thus if you take it alone, you take more than 2x the damage you would take as one of a pair because your block value only counts once, if you get my meaning.
If you take it alone, you take twice more damage because it's intended to be split on two characters. It's a sharaz-esque cleave, I wouldn't count on block value.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Mordinm » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:27 am

Snake-Aes wrote:
rodos wrote:If I recall from the one night of attempts I've made on this guy, the cleave is blockable. Thus if you take it alone, you take more than 2x the damage you would take as one of a pair because your block value only counts once, if you get my meaning.
If you take it alone, you take twice more damage because it's intended to be split on two characters. It's a sharaz-esque cleave, I wouldn't count on block value.

I think he is just pointing out that if you take the entire cleave you take 2 times the damage + your block value compared to if you split it with the off tank.

Say the whole cleave hits for 10,000 and you block for 500. If you split it you take 5000-500 for 4500 damage taken. If you take it all you take 10,000-500 for 9500 or (4500 * 2)+500. Probably doesn't make any difference either way.
Mordinm

Next

Return to Zul'aman