Remove Advertisements

Kalecgos

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Neuron » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:57 pm

Atreidies wrote:The problem we had with random groups heading in was that it left squishies out in the AR debuff taking a load of damage only to zone in and eat a 5k shadowbolt to the face from Sathrovarr. That part though is pretty flexible, the reason we went to 5 groups on him however was to spread out the debuff stacks more evenly on the raid, so that with 5 groups you have say 5 people at a time taking 5k+ arcane ticks rather than 6 people with 4 groups. May not sound like much, but this fight is pretty healing dependant, so spreading it out after the initial 5 portals for us made a difference.

As for AR, we've been wearing our Kara AR trinkets since the kill night and we've seen fewer stacks on the raid as a whole because of it. To test it we just had one of our old AR Solarian tanks suit up and head in for one attempt, he resisted everything so we slapped on the old trinkets.

Well, the tank rotation would be separate so the 3-4 tanks would not be part of the groups, so each of the four groups only consists of 5 people actually. One group will have 6 in it, preferrably the first group to go down, but it can be whichever one.

The thing with a forced order is that you will lose out on group organization and ultimately have wrong people in the wrong realms at the wrong times. If there are 4 groups, and you let the portal determine the group order, then you end up with an initial random order of groups, but eventually due to the debuff you get a constant order.

By ensuring that groups stick together, you can build groups correctly (group healer, tank healer, decurser, anyone, anyone).

Groups stick together the entire fight, assuming they don't screw up portal clicking.

This way you will always at least have the right distribution of classes up top and down below. Either 1, 2 or 3 current tank healers up top or below (and the remaining in the opposite realm, as the number switches based on the rotation timing). Same with group healers and decurses and dps, and with tanks in a separate rotation they can organize taunts better.

The main problem is portals. First, people group up, it is like there is not enough space. With 4 groups, you can use 4 sections of the circle. This makes it easy since its per group to reach the portal if its someone from your group. But, people stad way too close together still >_>, and that 6k portal spike damage is one of the primary killers so far that leads to a wipe.

Second, people screw up clicking portals. Portal clicking is way, way harder than it should be with PTR lag and invisible walls around the outside of the room and whatever else can go wrong when clicking on a portal for whatever reason. Apparently zooming in helps but people still have problems.

Third, people forget who is in their own raid group and miss portals or don't call out in someway that they got ported. It seems like it should be so simple, and it probably will be with practice, but so far it is apparently pretty difficult.

Edit: regarding wearing resistance gear, lately I think that during the learning phase its better to wear it. Dead dps = zero dps as the saying goes, and the hard part is not the timer, its getting the rotations down in the first place with people alive through 2-3 rotations. If you can't even do that part right, then what is the point of worrying about a 10% decrease in dps from wearing resistance gear?
Last edited by Neuron on Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.ardentdefender.com - A combat log parsing API
Neuron

Postby Atreidies » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:00 pm

I guess I should mention that you CAN be the target of a portal, thus ported regardless, even with the debuff not allowing you to take a portal via clicking it. Kinda makes what I said make more sense that way. Really our 'groups' got out of whack all the time, it was more a way to ensure the entire raid had the debuffs spread as much as possible.
[url=http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Bricksauce]Image
Image[/url]
Atreidies

Postby Neuron » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:05 pm

Atreidies wrote:I guess I should mention that you CAN be the target of a portal, thus ported regardless, even with the debuff not allowing you to take a portal via clicking it. Kinda makes what I said make more sense that way. Really our 'groups' got out of whack all the time, it was more a way to ensure the entire raid had the debuffs spread as much as possible.

I understand the idea of spreading debuffs, but I am confused as to how you guaranteed you had healers in both realms.
Neuron

Postby Atreidies » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:11 pm

More groups with healers pretty well assured there would be at least 3 healers down in demon land 99% of the time.
[url=http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Bricksauce]Image
Image[/url]
Atreidies

Postby Cakes » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:59 pm

I was under the impression that Kalec would be tauntable by our taunt as of 2.4. Didn't seem to be the case tonight. Guess we'll just have to be the OP self-cleansing tank for Kalecgos that can bubble off a bunch of stacks of the debuff.
Cakes

Postby Bryne » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:27 pm

Cakes wrote:I was under the impression that Kalec would be tauntable by our taunt as of 2.4. Didn't seem to be the case tonight. Guess we'll just have to be the OP self-cleansing tank for Kalecgos that can bubble off a bunch of stacks of the debuff.

You mean Sathrovarr?

Righteous Defense seems to work on mobs targeting friendly NPCs, but you have to cast it directly on the NPC, not the mob you want.
Bryne

Postby Cakes » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:41 pm

I see, so no ToT taunting.

Edit: Yes, taunting Sathrovar. Meant it as taunting off of Kalec.

Edit2: Works great. Danke.
Cakes

Postby Eliane » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:18 am

Cakes wrote:I see, so no ToT taunting.

Does the macro work or do I need to open up my spell book?
Eliane

Postby mooneye » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:47 am

switched my post to "best attempts"
- Alternate Protiiii inc -
- my armory gear could change, because I am just an alternate prot -

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... &n=Mooneye
mooneye

Postby Zzyzzx » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:06 am

Macro does not work for me, had to pull out the spell, and target human Kalec.

Macro only worked when Sath would target someone else to cast on them.
Zzyzzx

Postby Oramac » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:39 pm

Cakes wrote:I see, so no ToT taunting.

i was able to ToT taunt the demon just fine last night. realms are still down so i cant copy my exact macro, but it worked fine as long as i made sure he was actually TARGETING kalecgoes when i cast it.
Aplus wrote:Yeah every time I get a big head, I go and try to solo a warlock.brings me back down to earth pretty fast
Oramac

Postby Gerilith » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:42 pm

/cast [noharm][target=targettarget][] Righteous Defense

That's what I use at the moment and it works just fine (at Sathrovarr, Kalecgos and everywhere else, too).
Standing alone with no direction
How did I fall so far behind?
Why Am I searching for perfection?
Knowing it's something I won't find
Gerilith

Postby mooneye » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:32 am

hey Gerilith

I know you from the wow-europe.com/de forum.

but yeah back to topic, I never used any makro I guess I am just used to play without.
- Alternate Protiiii inc -
- my armory gear could change, because I am just an alternate prot -

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... &n=Mooneye
mooneye

Postby Oramac » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:53 am

has anone had issues with the portals spawning? it seems in our raids at least one wipe is caused by a portal not spawning.

we have taken steps to prevent it, up to and including moving casters a good 5-8 yards in front of bushes and even telling shamans not to use totems in dragon part.

once we told em not to use totems it SEEMED to work better (got him to 2% yay!) but we cant be sure.

anyone else noticed anything like this?
Aplus wrote:Yeah every time I get a big head, I go and try to solo a warlock.brings me back down to earth pretty fast
Oramac

Postby Neuron » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:17 am

so far all ive read seen are the following:

* unconfirmed report of resistable portal
* unconfirmed standing too close to edge (bushes) makes you invalid target
* unconfirmed everyone except current target has debuff
* unconfirmed pet issues

Never had a problem with totems. Totems are pretty damn good and to lose em just for this sucks. I would not suggest doing attempts without totems.
Neuron

PreviousNext

Return to Sunwell Plateau