Remove Advertisements

2.4 Can't Kill VR !

A'lar, Void Reaver, Solarian, Kael'thas

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

2.4 Can't Kill VR !

Postby amadiss » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:53 am

Hello. My gyuild had VR on farm, however a lot of people was using the
"Void Reaver Alarm" addon. This no longer works after 2.4 since hes not
targeting the people befor throwing the balls, the new version of the addon isnt working either.

Too many people was taking damage and healers complained that it was too hard for them to pay attention to the balls and still keep up all the people who was taking damage.

Anyone with a similar experience?
amadiss

Postby Lore » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:02 am

The orbs are large, glowy, and slow... I don't believe I ever dodged one (well, in the once or twice I've done it while not tanking) because of the addon.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby ulushnar » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:09 am

So he's turned from a Pinata into a boss you actually have to pay attention on?

Cool!

After trying the nerfed Maggy at the weekend, it's nice to know that not all sub T6 content was nerfed.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby amadiss » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:13 am

Lore wrote:The orbs are large, glowy, and slow... I don't believe I ever dodged one (well, in the once or twice I've done it while not tanking) because of the addon.

I wish I could convice the healers and dpsers of how easy is to dodge
those orbs. But really, im looking for tips for the slow reacting players.

Once you know the strats the only thing left to learn is how to focus
your attention efficiently.

*Actually my guild killed Mag yesterday, the first time we tried, the firs time we steped there, zero player deaths and a happy tankadin. My previous argument was not going to mag since T5>T4, now the difficulty
seems to be more according to the rewards.
amadiss

Postby Lore » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:31 am

I think I saw a BigWigs update that did something for the orbs, I don't know if it's a fix or not but that might be an option.

Really though, your raiders are just going to have to learn to pay attention. If not on Void Reaver, it'll just be on the next fight.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Exalt » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:36 am

Ulushnar wrote:So he's turned from a Pinata into a boss you actually have to pay attention on?

Cool!

After trying the nerfed Maggy at the weekend, it's nice to know that not all sub T6 content was nerfed.

Yeah, we actually wiped on him a couple of times before the ranged guys got yelled at for being slugs. He's just as easy as he was before, the only change is that it's easier for people to die if they're not paying attention to EVERYTHING.
Exalt - 70 - Argent Dawn

Exalt

Postby Huon » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:57 am

ok, two things.

1. Range dps that die from orbs SUCK. All they need to do is DPS while looking at the boss and run away from orbs, not hard AT ALL.

2. It is a bug that was created due to the patch where certains bosses would use their spells without having a cast and so mods are all screwed up. Today's patch is supposed to address that and fix it so we can all be noobs again and use mods to be good players >.>.

PS: dont get me wrong, we skipped VR after 3 attemps because everyone kept dying cuz they dont know how to dps and look at the boss apparently =/
Huon

Postby inthedrops » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:20 am

I feel compelled to comment. Did they fix the animation bug? When I am on my warlock for that fight (pre 2.4) I would not see the animation of the orb flying into the air until just a brief moment before the explosion would occur. I'd literally see the Skull over someones head, move away, see the blast a couple seconds later, and then I'd see the orb in the air and falling down on the spot that just got blasted about 1.5 seconds earlier.

I'm not crazy either. I think other people have this problem.

Did they fix that? Because if not, I'm screwed as ranged dps.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:36 am

amadiss wrote:
Lore wrote:The orbs are large, glowy, and slow... I don't believe I ever dodged one (well, in the once or twice I've done it while not tanking) because of the addon.

I wish I could convice the healers and dpsers of how easy is to dodge
those orbs. But really, im looking for tips for the slow reacting players.

Once you know the strats the only thing left to learn is how to focus
your attention efficiently.

*Actually my guild killed Mag yesterday, the first time we tried, the firs time we steped there, zero player deaths and a happy tankadin. My previous argument was not going to mag since T5>T4, now the difficulty
seems to be more according to the rewards.

Send them to lumosity.com, and tell them they are not raiding again until they have a BPI score over 1100 for "Attention", "processing speed" and "Cognitive control".

Seriously, VR is a ridiculous fight. It still is.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:37 am

inthedrops wrote:I feel compelled to comment. Did they fix the animation bug? When I am on my warlock for that fight (pre 2.4) I would not see the animation of the orb flying into the air until just a brief moment before the explosion would occur. I'd literally see the Skull over someones head, move away, see the blast a couple seconds later, and then I'd see the orb in the air and falling down on the spot that just got blasted about 1.5 seconds earlier.

Do you also have problems seeing nightbane's charred earth? That's actually a setting: Spell Detail Level. I realized that if the setting is under 4 from the max level, you don't see stuff like charred earth and the cracks from Consecration on the ground.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby inthedrops » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:01 am

Snake-Aes wrote:
inthedrops wrote:I feel compelled to comment. Did they fix the animation bug? When I am on my warlock for that fight (pre 2.4) I would not see the animation of the orb flying into the air until just a brief moment before the explosion would occur. I'd literally see the Skull over someones head, move away, see the blast a couple seconds later, and then I'd see the orb in the air and falling down on the spot that just got blasted about 1.5 seconds earlier.

Do you also have problems seeing nightbane's charred earth? That's actually a setting: Spell Detail Level. I realized that if the setting is under 4 from the max level, you don't see stuff like charred earth and the cracks from Consecration on the ground.

That's a good question, I do see the charred earth however. Any other things to consider? I'd love to not have to worry about it. The symptom ultimately is that the animation is delayed behind the actual ability.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby NarfJones » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:03 am

The problem we had with this was that we built our strat around knowing who the orbs were hitting. The issue is not that BigWigs doesn't tell you who it's going after, but that he no longer changes targets when he casts it. So, even watching target of target doesn't tell you who it's going after.
NarfJones
Maintankadonor

Postby Huon » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:16 am

yep, but again, hopefully the patch will fix that today!
Huon

Postby Aleriya » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:40 pm

We tried Void Reaver the day after the patch and wiped horribly. All of his orbs were invisible. Pretty hard to dodge something that you can't see.

We've decided to just skip him from now on.
Aleriya

Postby ShieldLove » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:25 pm

Has anyone considered just all standing inside orb range and absorbing the pummels?
ShieldLove

Next

Return to Tempest Keep