Remove Advertisements

Best Attempts on Kalecgos?

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Re: Best Attempts on Kalecgos?

Postby DJSticky » Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:19 am

Hollyhell wrote:1% dragon, 15 or 20% demon. Human form kalecgos died.

How are you guys doing?

Kalecgos saved.

Just wore BT neck and some wore the cloak as far as special gear.

Obviously every one wore their stam gear and I followed suit and wore nearly max stam.
DJSticky

Postby Klistel » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:42 am

Someone apparently thinks the buff will go away after phase3

Bryant on WoWhead comments wrote:This buff will no longer be in effect when the Sunwell event finishes phase 3, by the way.

no source given, so who knows if it's true.
Klistel

Postby Splug » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:21 pm

Klistel wrote:My only major problem with that statement is that if they're doing this intentionally than why is the itemization team continuing to give us massive amounts of dodge not only in t6 but also in the random tank loot drops you find off bosses? There's no parry, and comparatively little BV, just lots of HP, some DR, and dodge.

My point is that Blizzard wanted to increase the overall boss damage for the instance without increasing the "worst case" damage. Statements like their dislike of the current crushing blow mechanics and how they cause "unfair" instant deaths seem to support that. It doesn't change the fact that itemization should allow us to bring the overall damage down while bringing our effective health up. If anything, it allows them to put more avoidance on gear, since without that debuff avoidance tanks will be getting to the point where they take rediculously infrequent hits if they continue to itemize dodge. Which will make Black Temple very interesting after SPlat is on farm...

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Cakes » Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:02 pm

Splug wrote:
Klistel wrote:My only major problem with that statement is that if they're doing this intentionally than why is the itemization team continuing to give us massive amounts of dodge not only in t6 but also in the random tank loot drops you find off bosses? There's no parry, and comparatively little BV, just lots of HP, some DR, and dodge.

My point is that Blizzard wanted to increase the overall boss damage for the instance without increasing the "worst case" damage. Statements like their dislike of the current crushing blow mechanics and how they cause "unfair" instant deaths seem to support that. It doesn't change the fact that itemization should allow us to bring the overall damage down while bringing our effective health up. If anything, it allows them to put more avoidance on gear, since without that debuff avoidance tanks will be getting to the point where they take rediculously infrequent hits if they continue to itemize dodge. Which will make Black Temple very interesting after SPlat is on farm...

-Splug

That brings up my major point of contention. If blizzard wants to apply this buff to everything and essentially negate 25% of my avoidance, go ahead. There are things I can do and gear I can change to get higher levels of avoidance, but that means that I'm going to have nearly two different sets of gear, one for mobs that beat the crap out of me in sunwell, and one for mobs in every other instance in the game that have reasonable attack tables.
Cakes

Postby Morganim » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:30 am

Just curious.
Is anyone a) having trouble tauning socrethar (im targeting kalecgos then hitting taunt) sometimes it doesnt work for me no resist just flatly doesnt work.

b) i lose aggro on him incredibly fast at times
Morganim

Postby Worldie » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:40 am

It happens to fail the RD if you happen to click RD exactly while he's casting shadowbolts at someone else.

Holding aggro is hard since kalecgos does a decent DPS, you have to go "all out" in order to not get it stolen
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Splug » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:10 am

Make sure you watch for Kalecgos to fall flat on his ass before you taunt. He's got enough health to soak a few of those knockdowns, but if you take a knockdown right after he turns to you it'll prevent you from doing anything to generate threat until taunt fades.

-Splug
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Oramac » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:57 am

Morganim wrote:Just curious.
Is anyone a) having trouble tauning socrethar (im targeting kalecgos then hitting taunt) sometimes it doesnt work for me no resist just flatly doesnt work.

b) i lose aggro on him incredibly fast at times

kalec makes a metric fuckton of threat. you pretty muvh have to go balls out on the demon to hold it.

and rd was working just fine for me all night, even targeting the demon.
Aplus wrote:Yeah every time I get a big head, I go and try to solo a warlock.brings me back down to earth pretty fast
Oramac

Postby Morganim » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:09 am

Cool next time ill make sure to wait for the nockdown and then use wings for the first one then see what i can do the 2nd and subsequent times
Morganim

Postby Splug » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:10 am

The good news on the Kalec threat front though is that if you just stop building threat for about 3-5 seconds, he'll take the demon back... which gets to be very handy when suddenly you're down to one healer in the shadow realm.

-Splug
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Eliane » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:38 pm

Tanked him progression kill. Got stuck in the portal realm after the demon was banished tho and felt mighty worthless for a while :(
Eliane

Postby Neganur » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:49 pm

fucks sake we spent 7 days of raids wiping on him. Ever since 2.4 went live.

Tanks dropping like a sack of shit !!

If only I could have read some of the stuff the guys from here had observed.

http://wowwebstats.com/ytcxnwpzovci5
http://wowwebstats.com/zapireb2xmk1s
http://wowwebstats.com/kplfgsmrehtha

we were having huge fights on offy chat thoughout 5 nights now due to healers simply unable to keep us up.

I respecced healing and put my old gear on to compensate for leaving guildmembers and insults going on cause obviously healers couldn't keep stuff alive - even as far as wanting to recruit 2 more warrior tanks because the hybrids die more often (warrior imp def stance + spellwarding > all blagh blagh)

We had 3 guilds passing us now ruining our server 1st and reputation just due to us being so damn occupied discussing tactics, respeccing, regearing, guildkicking, arguing.

He dies tomorrow.
Neganur

Postby Worldie » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:12 am

Actually if tanks arne't in full t6-ish gear, yes, the demon and dragon hit like fucking trucks. The first time we tried we didn't expect so much damage, all the tanks including myself basically dropped like leaves as soon as the demon was taunted.

With Ironshields and proper attention from healers, things are going quite better now.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Splug » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:43 am

It seems Sunwell Radiance no longer effects the blood elf trash packs; we were dodging them normally last night. The robots and Kalecgos are still benefitting from the hyper accuracy, unfortunately. I assume Brutallus and Felmyst are as well, but an offline tank prevented us from doing anything beyond Kalecgos last night.

-Splug
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Ujo » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:19 pm

mooneye wrote:FIORINA my Darling,

I killed Kalecgos 5min ago Full Fight Paladin Tanking no Switches with Warriors and the best I frapsed IT!!!!!

Happy Happy Happy

Details:

I tanked with 150arcane resistance by 20.9k HP Buffed
I had this following avoidance:

Dodge: 25.6%
Parry: 17.9%
Block 25.1%

Ironshields every second => 22k armor, Once in the fight I had a fast switch with bubble and once the arcane resistances faded from 8stacks to 0. I also tanked the Enrage until 1% where I died but the Boss was already fucked up !!!!

I doned exactly same, tanked him with no Switches. I got my bracers too, but missed juggernaut legguards, some holy pala taked it :(

My armor link http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Sylvanas&n=Ujo
Level70 dwarf Paldin and ofc prot sepcced.
Ujo

PreviousNext

Return to Sunwell Plateau