Remove Advertisements

Kael is insanely hard

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Bhrimstone » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:49 am

Drak wrote:
Talryn wrote:For the pyroblast on heroic, you supposedly need to take down his 10k Shock Barrier before he casts Pyroblast so you can interrupt it.

It's possible to dps him fast enough to never get ti cast, and even if he managed to get one started you can bubble through it just like in the 25 man.

Is the pyro a random target? or will it always be on the tank?
and If i bubble while he's casting, will he change targets?

will he cast it a 2nd time? or just once per fight?
Bhrimstone

Postby Rashakal » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:16 pm

Well, your best bet is to burn threw the shield and interrupt, but one of our attempts we didn't get the shield down and he threw it at our ShS rogue, Thankfully he has cheat death. I believe its only once per fight.
Rashakal

Postby Passionario » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:16 pm

After wiping 5 or 6 times we just decided to treat his Static Shield/Pyroblast as an "enrage timer", and try to zerg him to 50% before he gets to cast it. It worked.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby jere » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:49 pm

Well, I finally got to run this on heroic tonight, and honestly, he wasn't that bad. It took us a few tries, mostly due to stupid mistakes, but we got him and the mount dropped which was nice.

I pretty much just Divine Shielded through the pyroblast and cancelled when it was over. After that, it was cake.

I actually thought the 2nd boss was harder.
jere

Postby Lumenactio » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:30 am

With a decent healer you can AoE tank the place pretty easy, yeah, a lot of casters. But smallish packs. Use LoS pulls to gather them and then just go ape $)(%.
Lumenactio

Postby Riyan » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:14 am

I ran heroic after having done normal mode about 2 times and must say that the entire instance doesn't feel all that hard.

Group composition:
Tank: Me (prot pala)
Healer: Priest (holy)
DPS: Mage, Rogue, Warlock.

All of us,are in a mix of T4/badge loot gear except the mage, who was actually wearing blues.

The only hard thing about Kael'thas is the fact that on heroic, his fireball hits for ~4500. His pyroblast was easily counterspelled/kicked away (though I was ready to bubble if it weren't).
The phoenix moves so slow, you could stay away from it with both your legs cut off so it was easily killed by the mage/warlock.
Once gravity turns off, it's easy to avoid the orbs (I seriously don't get how you can get hit by them unless you completely ignore their existence), and our mage/warlock were easily able to keep dps'ing him. We took it easy and got him down on the third gravity lapse.

I think the 2nd boss (Vex) is a lot harder, due to his Overload ability on the last 20%.
Riyan

Postby Doktah » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:28 am

Vex isn't that hard, just more of a pain int he ass fight. Kael is cake since its a mini TK basically.

My group was me tanking, 2 mages, shammy, priest and we only lost 1 mage on the fight due to them not paying attention to the bubbles. Burned him to 45% then got tossed in the air, where there was no dps at all, just swam around basically except for the occasional fly by consecrate/judge sor... Once he dropped us we just went all out and had him to 2% and he tossed us back up but with consecrate/sor/hammer o deathed him from above and it was over.
Doktah

Postby Gracerath » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:02 am

If this fight had Thaladred, a lot of groups would be fucked :P
Bye space sword!
Gracerath
Maintankadonor

Postby Lummy » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:33 am

I usually request that the healer, if it's not a druid that's quick on their toes, let me die and keep the dps alive since past the first phase there's no reason for a tank at least in a regular run.

Both paladins and shamans who have no HoT's suffer, especially when the orbs seem to hone in on them, during this phase because of the amount of damage being dealt to the entire party during the gravity lapse.
Lummy

Postby Ardraaken » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:10 am

I ran normal MgT over the weekend several times and didn't find KT or the trash that hard - our group consisted of Tankadin, CoH Priest, 2 Mages, + 1 Random.

Trash, some of the mobs are CC pulls but alot of them you can just pull with AS, run round the corner, build a bit of aggro when they get to you then get a Mage to AOE the hell out of them - most of the groups are killable using this tactic and they go down much faster if your group allows 2 mages. Keep an eye out for the anti-magic shield so pull the mobs out of it and they go down pretty quick - sheeping the Mage Guards takes these out of the equation and leaves the group to focus on AoE'ing the casters.

KT is laughable on normal mode if you know what you're doing, we use this simple tactic :-

Burn KT down until he spawns his Phoenix add, kill it and the egg it spawns then continue to nuke him down until he hits 50% - remember to avoid the Flamestrikes he casts whilst you do this.

When KT does the Gravity Lapse make sure everyone swims to one of the pillars by the door (make sure everyone is at the same one - it's a good idea to nominate one before starting the event) and wait there for the orbs to get near to you. If everyone is on the same side they'll generally drift to that side leaving a clear escape path on the other side. Swim quickly down to the opposite end of the room through the escape path and position yourselves on the ledge or at the bottom of the ramps up to the orb and start DPS'ing down KT again. If you've done this right the orbs should despawn just as they get to KT and you can continue to nuke him in his weakened state. When he casts Gravity Lapse again then simply repeat this tactic, no-one should die and you shouldn't need more than two Gravity Lapse phases to kill him... easy epix!
Ardraaken

Postby Ocin » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:15 am

I don't mind the trash in this place on reg or heroic. Like others have said it's a LoS-fest which is fun in a different way. Second boss on heroic is a pain in the ass and Kael was painful until we figured it out.

The biggest problem for me was knowing when to bubble during his pyro-blast. If I bubbled too early he'd take out our healer. eventually our dps was able to burn his wall down every time, but i'm not sure how dependable that is for everyone.

heroic clear make-up:
tankadin
rogue
2 mages :)
resto shammy
Ocin

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:34 am

I heard the bubbling doesn't work O.o I ought to try it..because breaking through the shield doesn't happen every time.
Best group ever for MrT for me was me, priest, spriest, warlock, mage.
MC + Sheep + Enslave = err, what else isn't CCed? Let's solo with the demon!
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby 2ndNin » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:25 am

Bubble works, wait till he is part way through cast, put it on, drop it as soon as you get hit (he normally starts throwing fireballs right afterwards, so if you are bubbled a dps gets smashed).

Bubble makes this fight stupidly easy, there is actually no challenge at all in this part if you use that.
[url=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria]Armoury Link
[/url]
2ndNin

Postby wri7913 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:41 am

Our experience in normal was slightly tough at first. We had a pally healer which made healing kind of rough. The trick to Kael is dpsing him to 50% ASAP. This means the pheonix stops coming out. Have someone kite the pheonix and burn it down, then kill the eggs.

In Phase two, treat this phase as survival mode. When you are in the air, its hard to do dmg unless you are ranged dps. Wait for thirty seconds to be almost finished and float towards the ground to avoid fall dmg. When the Air phase is over, he's "stunned" and takes more dmg. DPS should go ALL out until the air phase begins again then go into survival mode.

In our situation, I switched to my healing gear to assist the holy pally. I tanked the pheonix during that phase until it was killed then stacked SoV on the boss as I could. I helped heals during air phase and made sure our DPS was alive for the next phase. The fight ended pretty quick that way.

~Ghaazi
wri7913

Postby Oriax » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:06 am

Just did hero MgT again. Me, priest, ret pala, enha shammie and lock. Shammie died first = no interrupts on pyro, I was a ms too late with popping shield so ate 50k straight up and died. Then lock died.

After that the ret pala and priest just "solo'd" him to a kill. Felt kinda useless but I can't say there's any need for a tank then. They brought him down without any problem/major damage at all. Only took awhile ofc =)
Oriax

PreviousNext

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics