Its go time

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Its go time

Postby djellum » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:12 pm

ok tomorrow night is the guilds first attempt and Kara (and for a lot of us the first attempt at raiding with our class). Im the MT, got 2 good healers who know how to play (1 priest, 1 druid) and at least 2 competent dps (hunter and rogue). we have enough guildies ready to not have to pug so we are hopeing to not have to (though our warr tank managed to get his hand broke so we may have to pug a tank from somewhere)

not really going for a rate me since Im in the ##$% no matter if im ready or not, but i would like a little advice on what consumables etc to fill some of my gaps, so heres my stats.

uncrit and uncrush both by a decent margin.

normal suit for most of it will be my heroic set (around 12k unbuffed health and armor, mostly stamina and block rating/value gear)

boss set keeps me uncrush and uncrit, but drops down to about 11 + a little health and 11.5 armor

spell dmg at 220ish with continuum/ench/oil/NW defenders so good there.

My own estimation says that my armor and health could use a cushion. What stuff would you reccommend to help out. ill bring stam food, and have MotW and fort so that will help alot. Should I pot for Armor then?

Also ive read in this site and others about kings vs sancuary, but i havent gotten very far into that yet (attack table and gear planning is just getting finished) so please help out with a quick opinion. At my level do you think I would benefit more from kings or sanc?

Any help is appreciated. since its the first run I want to down attumen and get to try a time or 2 at Moroes (downing him would probably make us feel like rockstars). beyond that its all gravy.

djellum

Postby Bludusk » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:40 am

I would suggest Kings over Sanc, for the simple fact that 10% to your stats is huge, and 80 less damage out of 2-3k per hit isn't so spectacular.

For elixirs, you would want to use anything that boosts your HP further. If you don't want to use a Flask of Fortification, I would recommend using Elixir of Major Fortitude and Elixir of Mastery.

Also, you may want to check out this thread. It has a lot of great gear suggestions for beginning raid tankadins.

Good luck in Kara!
Bludusk

Postby Catriona » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:04 am

If it's your first time in I'd suggest the flask. It's cheaper than popping elixirs every time you go down.

Also, Adept's Elixirs can help with threat instead of Elixirs of Mastery.
Catriona

thanks

Postby djellum » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:09 pm

thanks for the replies.

Ill prob go for a flask, Its the first try so wipes are likely.

ive been using kings lately myself so ill stick with it, just couldnt remember how much sanc reduced dmg.

djellum

Postby Lore » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:13 pm

There's a few threads around the forums comparing Sanctuary to Kings, if you'd like a more in-depth explanation I'd recommend using the search function.

The short explanation is the damage reduction from Sanctuary isn't as much as it says it is, and isn't worth using the buff for.
Lore
Global Mod

Return to Karazhan