Invisusira wrote:OKAY

WTF IS THIS BULLSHIT

RESTO SHAMMY
ROGUE
WARLOCK
SHIRTLESS GUY IN DRESS

THIS IS A FUCKING BULLSHIT COMBO

agreed

I had this combo, together with a bad group composition (only 1 CC in my group). It seemed like impossible.
ImageImage
dab

Postby Bitygity » Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:38 am

The instance was pretty interesting at first, but its easy when u kill the priestess first.

Best group makeup so far was a mage, warlock, holy pally, prot pally and any class for the 5th.

Usually we have the warlock keep the enslaved demon from the previous packs. Ill go in there with healing gear and start the fight off with a avenger shield so they all do their thing on me. Fear stun etc. Mage sheeps, lock banishes fears, (cc others if ur 5th can sap trap etc)and I HOJ the priestess. The holy pally also HOJs right after the first HOJ. Have the other holy pally and yourself BOP the 2 casters makin their life easy and while takin hits if your about to die just divine shield and heal away. Priestess should be dead and another target should be dead by now. Just take em down one by one now. Free epics.

Having a warlock makes this instance fun for them and your group. And cleansing is the key to winning the trash. I hate it when u have to cleanse and ur in GCD is refreshing.
Bitygity

Postby Khayne » Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:13 am

dab wrote:

WTF IS THIS BULLSHIT

RESTO SHAMMY
ROGUE
WARLOCK
SHIRTLESS GUY IN DRESS

agreed

I had this combo, together with a bad group composition (only 1 CC in my group). It seemed like impossible.

You mean MS warrior isn´t defaulted to all set-ups?

have had that bastard on all 4 normal mode times and 1 heroic time i´ve ran that place.

the shirtless guy and shaman are pretty often in there too (i think 4/5). seen the engineer and mage once in different times...
Gief more "i shall blizzard this grass near you" mages..also having some demon to fear with my new found skill would be cool.

Quoth of da instance:
"MS can go DIAF!"
-Random paladin.
Khayne

Postby Worldie » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:20 am

Btw dont' forget that we count as interesting CCs in this fight, we can BoP the clothie priest before he gets massacred, we can stun (and silence in some cases) a add, and we can fear the demon.

Yesterday i eventually did the heroic version as retri, i felt quite good with my chain stun on the Shaman allowing to nuke down the priest :>
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Passionario » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:55 am

Invisusira wrote:RESTO SHAMMY
ROGUE
WARLOCK
SHIRTLESS GUY IN DRESS

Funny enough, that was exactly the combo that we got on our first heroic run.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby aureon » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:09 am

Well.
had MSwar+demon+mage+shirtlessmoron
priestess down, demon down.. mage kills the other 4.
np, solo'd mswar and shirtlessmoron :D no trinket tho -.-
aureon

Postby Snake-Aes » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:56 pm

dab wrote:

WTF IS THIS BULLSHIT

RESTO SHAMMY
ROGUE
WARLOCK
SHIRTLESS GUY IN DRESS

agreed

Just happened to me. Spriest, resto druid, feral druid, me, warlock.

We'd either be outhealed, the healers would die, or the dps would die.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby ultima » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:34 pm

I know its been said but what worked for us was me putting on my healer gear, which is pretty bad TBH, only 900 healing but 9500mana, using the glad salvation mace(i had extra honor I didn't want at the time...) instead of my gavel and my reg shield, i pulled in that and dropped my own first heal, that and for the fight they were locking me down instead of out priest healer. Literally only 1-2 switched to her, and i was right in front running defense.
as the salvation mace has the similar damage as the crystalforge sword, it worked decently to whack the guys going for the priest to get them off for the much needed heals.

overall its a hard fight, but its really fun when you get down to it.
ultima

Postby Zolexa » Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:02 pm

I think it is utter bullshit to have to rely on PVP gear for a fight in PVE.

Yes, every post says "think of it as a 5v5".. well ya know what, not everyone PVPs. It's bullshit to design it as one.

They need to give the damn mobs aggro tables.
Zolexa

Postby NarfJones » Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:07 pm

PvP is not the enemy.

The difficulty of the PvP encounter in the PvE content is what really bothers me. They don't need aggro tables if they,
A: deal less damage
B: don't heal for 15-20k
C: have the AI for the perfect strategy in a 5v5 match
NarfJones
Maintankadonor

Postby Dorvan » Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:11 pm

Zolexa wrote:I think it is utter bullshit to have to rely on PVP gear for a fight in PVE.

Yes, every post says "think of it as a 5v5".. well ya know what, not everyone PVPs. It's bullshit to design it as one.

They need to give the damn mobs aggro tables.

Thinking in of it as a PvP fights isn't the same as needing a full set of PvP gear to do it. I loathe PvP, but I do enjoy fights like this that stretch me beyond my normal role and really test how well I'm able to take advantage of the full range of my class abilities.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby 2ndNin » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:26 am

Yeah, its a pvp fight, so strip off your tanking gear and pull on your healing. You have a stun, a fear and a taunt (priestess).

The fight is fairly easy with 1cc (the naga), open with big damage spells on the priestess, then stun her + one other if you can (paladin healer, or mass fear, priest, root , druid etc), then start taking them in order, leave the casters as they don't seem to do a lot, kill the rogue / warriors, then the casters then the naga (or the casters if they are up and the others are under cc, the mage just does bad aoes, the warlock is a much higher threat).
[url=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria]Armoury Link
[/url]
2ndNin

Postby wri7913 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:28 am

Warrender wrote:
NarfJones wrote:I had every party combination available, minus a warrior. That's the only class that wasn't part of our party at any point. This gives you an idea of how long we attempted this, but the hunter that I was with has the same philosophy I do. I couldn't tell you the last time I got frustrated enough at a game to just stop playing it.

I have a very long history of playing difficult games. I love the challenge. I refuse to give because I know there is always a way to do it, if the game is designed right. I know gear wasn't the issue, because if it was, then it would only be t6 clearing this on heroic.

My group started out like this.

Me - hunter - rogue - warlock - priest

Me - hunter - mage - rogue - priest

Me - hunter - mage - paladin - Spriest

Me - hunter - mage - mage - paladin

Me - hunter - mage - rogue - paladin

All of the classes were really good at their respective cc

Were they any good at PVP though? :wink:

Why should there be any criteria for being good at PVP when you are playing PVE??

That's what I don't understand about this fight in particular. If some people wanted to PVP, they have arenas and Bgs for that. Why bring PVP into PVE when some people don't care for PVP in the first place??? Silliness if you ask me.

Our group is T4/T5 and experience at doing heroics. We wiped quite a few times before we finally called it.
wri7913

Postby 2ndNin » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:59 am

Umm, looking at your groups that should be good.

Sheep , trap , sap , fear pet, fear demons, banish, stuns, loads of options. As long as you cc down the naga guy (or the topless in a dress guy if naga isn't there) then this becomes don't tank and much spank.

We always find big pull on the priestess (pyro her, aimed shot etc all as the opening salvo), stun her as she comes forward then nuke her down (she dies fast :D). Its not really pvp so much as a tankless fight focusing on keeping your dps up and theirs cc'd (which might be pvp, I only do AV normally and I just run around getting hit on by rogues and warriors :D). Its really key to clear the room and take your time, don't split fire, get 1 down, then the next and use any and all cc abilities you can get (heroism etc are also good).

If you have a paladin healer you have a 2nd fear and stun (12s is a long time to keep the priestess locked down for), or if you have a priest you have a mass fear available. Use whatever tricks you have to keep the mobs moving away from you.
[url=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria]Armoury Link
[/url]
2ndNin

Postby Warrender » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:02 am

wri7913 wrote:Why should there be any criteria for being good at PVP when you are playing PVE??

That's what I don't understand about this fight in particular. If some people wanted to PVP, they have arenas and Bgs for that. Why bring PVP into PVE when some people don't care for PVP in the first place??? Silliness if you ask me.

Our group is T4/T5 and experience at doing heroics. We wiped quite a few times before we finally called it.

Because Blizzard wants everyone to sample every aspect of their game and this encounter is structured like a 5v5 Arena match. If you approach it like this, you will find more success than if you treated it like a normal PVE encounter.
Warrender
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics