Best Attempts on Kalecgos?

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Worldie » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:58 pm

I guess i'll keep stacking dodge then
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Lore » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:29 pm

Wow that explains so much
Lore
Global Mod

Postby areyla » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:32 pm

How are you guys gauging the Corrupting strike down below?
The stun murders me, but I cant seem to see when to wait to taunt.
areyla

Postby onacouch » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:02 pm

This was our second night in, it's pretty frustrating. Our best attempts are 50% for both demon and dragon.

I wasn't understanding why I was taking so much damage, it seemed to me that almost every blow was connecting, so I came here and found some comfort knowing that I'm not the only one.

Raid buffed I'm rocking about (30% dodge, 20% parry, 14% miss) 64% total avoidance, Filtering through my combat log (I hate this new combat log) I've managed to pick up 35 swings from Kalecgos, 28 of them connected (20% avoidance rate). I picked up 12 swings from Sathrovarr and 8 of them connected (33.3% avoidance rate). I know my samples are very small, but it supports what was going on all night, I just kept getting bent over and gettin' it in the butt -- HARD.

I don't know if recount is working correctly, but I managed to take as much damage as both the tanking warriors combined on our last attempt...

Is there some sort of Shade of Akama 'Defender' mob bullshit going on?
onacouch

Postby areyla » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:20 pm

23/18/53 (with HS) for Dodge/Parry/Block + 499 def ( 19k hp) buffed
I took on average 6-7k dmg with an occasional 8k. I had 19k armor (64% reduction). It felt like I took a lot of damage too. Is there a particular stat better for this fight? Looks like dodge works. I blocked for about 600 and that still resulted in 6-7k. After I grab our WWS, I'll see if I can gather anything else about the fight.
areyla

Postby Lore » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:46 am

I have about 28% dodge in my normal setup. I was getting anywhere from 5-10% dodges on Kalecgos last night. Other tanks had about the same.

After the raid I went and stood in front of one of the random level 62's outside Shattrath for about 20 minutes. My numbers were all exactly where they should be.

It looks like Klistel is correct.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Splug » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:04 am

Yeah, it makes damage disproportionately high. I think it's intentional to be honest; tank avoidance being as high as it was meant that to make a boss "difficult" to heal through, they'd have to give it the potential to do some really absurd burst damage if someone's 70%+ avoidance completely failed them. This way, they can have bosses hitting for the same average hit and base attack speed as normal, while doing 50+% more overall damage. It keeps the damage income much higher without increasing the burst potential at all.

A side effect is that avoidance-based extremists will notice a much higher damage intake increase than effective-health extremists. As has been mentioned several times, avoidance is a stat combination that gives increasing returns rather than diminishing returns. Going from 65% avoidance down to 40% is a bigger increase in damage (35% -> 60% = 1.714x damage) than going from 55% down to 30% (45% -> 70% = 1.556x damage). I already miss my 10 rage every 5 seconds from not casting shield block... =(

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Gerilith » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:51 am

areyla wrote:How are you guys gauging the Corrupting strike down below?

Taunt -> Free Action Potion

Good to know it wasn't my fault that I ate most of his swings.
Standing alone with no direction
How did I fall so far behind?
Why Am I searching for perfection?
Knowing it's something I won't find
Gerilith

Postby Worldie » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:10 am

Looks like this is a fight were we should mindlessly stack EH since our avoidance is nerfed to oblivion.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Stroja » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:48 am

Do we know if he's capable of landing a crushing blow then?
Stroja

Postby Hollyhell » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:01 am

Stroja wrote:Do we know if he's capable of landing a crushing blow then?

I believe someone said they didn't get crushed by him, but I don't remember for certain.

I posted a report in the bug forum:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 1264&sid=1

Please feel free to add to it. I tried to give credit to Klistel and Lore for their info (as none of the info was my own).
Hollyhell

Postby Splug » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:18 am

Despite being a bit careless on shield block on Tuesday (IE: when I thought it was still unecessary), I never took a crush, just a lot of unblocked hits. So it seems crushing blows are turned off for the most part.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Klistel » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:09 pm

Splug wrote:Yeah, it makes damage disproportionately high. I think it's intentional to be honest; tank avoidance being as high as it was meant that to make a boss "difficult" to heal through, they'd have to give it the potential to do some really absurd burst damage if someone's 70%+ avoidance completely failed them. This way, they can have bosses hitting for the same average hit and base attack speed as normal, while doing 50+% more overall damage. It keeps the damage income much higher without increasing the burst potential at all.

A side effect is that avoidance-based extremists will notice a much higher damage intake increase than effective-health extremists. As has been mentioned several times, avoidance is a stat combination that gives increasing returns rather than diminishing returns. Going from 65% avoidance down to 40% is a bigger increase in damage (35% -> 60% = 1.714x damage) than going from 55% down to 30% (45% -> 70% = 1.556x damage). I already miss my 10 rage every 5 seconds from not casting shield block... =(

-Splug

My only major problem with that statement is that if they're doing this intentionally than why is the itemization team continuing to give us massive amounts of dodge not only in t6 but also in the random tank loot drops you find off bosses? There's no parry, and comparatively little BV, just lots of HP, some DR, and dodge.
Klistel

Postby Aetherial » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:58 pm

So... I saw the post about single-tanking the dragon form with partial AR... has anyone else tried this successfully? Seems like it might be a bit easier without worrying about tank switching on the dragon.
Aetherial

Postby areyla » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:12 pm

Gerilith wrote:
areyla wrote:How are you guys gauging the Corrupting strike down below?

Taunt -> Free Action Potion

Good to know it wasn't my fault that I ate most of his swings.

Apparently it's very questionable if that works at all on live. They say maybe popping shadow res. pots would help.
areyla

PreviousNext

Return to Sunwell Plateau