Remove Advertisements

Trade off in the Prince Fight

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Trade off in the Prince Fight

Postby daigorro » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:28 pm

In my overall raid tanking gear I have unbuffed 13.8k health, 490 def and I'm uncrushable with HS. With this setup my dodge is a little over 20%.

If I put on my avoidance gear my dodge increases to 22%, but I lose almost 600hp.

Against Prince which is more desirable in my case, the 2% extra dodge or the 600hp?
daigorro

Postby Lalecize » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:48 pm

Thats a tough call.

Every shread of dodge can help immensly in the fight, that said if you take a thrash in phase 2 you can be hit for 16k.

Not sure raid buffed what your health is like, but stam sure helps a lot here too.

If you need the stam to be over 16k HP take that.
Lalecize

Postby Ana » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:54 am

So in the event that you cannot get your +stam and +dodge up at the same time, what are some good ways to bridge the gap here?

I have been stockpiling [item=22797]Nightmare Seed[/item] and [item=22927]Ironshield Potion[/item].

Is there anything else I should look for, that can be gotten from anything that is not a raid?
Anathematic / Megalomania / Tohuvabohu / Surrealistic
Ana

Postby Seloei » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:02 am

The stats you posted are already borderline "overgeared" if you are dieing with those stats either you are lazy (or bad luck with lag spikes for shield refresh) or the healers are lazy/undergeared

but... i'd stick with the health in that case. More EH is more time to get you back up incase of a bad infernal drop and every healer having to move in p2
Seloei

Return to Karazhan