Parry Gear for Sunwell?

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Parry Gear for Sunwell?

Postby Klistel » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:55 pm

So my thoughts on Dodge being borked in this thread as based on last night's Kalecgos raid in which the numbers do NOT make sense at all lead me to believe that something has been done to dodge. So I turn to my other avoidance option: parry.

I have the parry trinket from ZA, but aside from that it seems like all of my gear options(aside from t6 gloves) only have dodge on them. Are there any major choices for a parry/armor/block value build? Any suggestions?
Klistel

Postby Neuron » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:29 am

Before I go ahead and agree with you, I am first inclined that this is a problem with how the add on is interpreting dodge messages from the combat log or aggregating them over time.
http://www.ardentdefender.com - A combat log parsing API
Neuron

Postby Cearn » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:56 am

Note: Combat Log got reworked. Addons need updating.
Cearn

Postby Klistel » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:23 am

Let's just go ahead and assume my addon is working completely 100% properly, the gear question remains the same.

It's not just the addon, I noticed a visible drop in the number of times I dodged during those encounters, as well as a general increase in the damage I took.

And I took NORMAL HITS(no block no dodge no parry no miss, just flat out "mob hits you for 7k damage") with Holy Shield up(at about 112% avoidance, this should be impossible, just like Crushing Blows). So something is afoot here.

So before you jump on the addons or the combat logs, hear me out and at least throw some helpful suggestions about parry/BV gear?
Klistel

Postby Cearn » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:31 am

[insert completely hypothetical suggestion about random changes in mitigation stat mechanics without any proof whatsoever here]

congratz! I somehow tend to use suggestions I can backup, sorra for that!
Cearn

Postby Klistel » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:40 am

So you'd sarcastically explain me taking normal hits how? User Error? Holy Shield was up so I don't see how that's possible...

let's just assume something like this uncategorized spell I came across is in effect on bosses. How would I counter this?
Klistel

Postby Cearn » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:57 am

So did you just get hits from Kalecgos or did you get hits from Sathrovarr as well? Did the other tanks in the fight encounter something similar?
With the given information it's a toughie to not blame it on something obvious...

EDIT: slow posting ftw...

Klistel wrote:let's just assume something like this uncategorized spell I came across is in effect on bosses. How would I counter this?

Add more avoidance. I can't think of anything else to avoid that kind of a tough thing.
If you can maintain uncrushability with a parry set it would be best i guess, otherwise we're down to blocking again.
Last edited by Cearn on Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cearn

Postby Klistel » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:02 am

All three of the tanks in the image I posted took hits from both Kalec and Sath, and they were all getting their proverbial shit pushed in from a damage standpoint. Healers had to revert to pure bombing, we wouldn't let anyone use flashes.

and do you have any specific gear suggestions to "add more avoidance"?
Klistel

Postby Dorvan » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:24 am

Klistel wrote:All three of the tanks in the image I posted took hits from both Kalec and Sath, and they were all getting their proverbial shit pushed in from a damage standpoint. Healers had to revert to pure bombing, we wouldn't let anyone use flashes.

Um, look for pieces that lean towards the high end of avoidance and choose those? Consider favoring avoidance gems/enchants? I hate to be an ass, but by the time you're in Sunwell you should really know how to do that kind of itemization research yourself.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Klistel » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:26 am

Dorvan wrote:
Klistel wrote:All three of the tanks in the image I posted took hits from both Kalec and Sath, and they were all getting their proverbial shit pushed in from a damage standpoint. Healers had to revert to pure bombing, we wouldn't let anyone use flashes.

Um, look for pieces that lean towards the high end of avoidance and choose those? Consider favoring avoidance gems/enchants? I hate to be an ass, but by the time you're in Sunwell you should really know how to do that kind of itemization research yourself.

Everyone misses things sometimes =/ Idk I haven't honestly paid much attention to the 2.4 items since I heard they were all pretty terribad(the badge ones/MT ones etc), so I thought I might have missed something.
Klistel

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice