Kael is insanely hard

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Kaelie » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:10 am

Kael in normal was one of the easiest bosses I've ever faced in any instance. Two of our idiot DPS died (the warrior decided to go whack on the phoenix and the mage ate orbs), so we three manned the last 40%. I just tossed AS and my rocket launcher and meleed a bit in the air, and he went down.

Then we tried heroic, and got absolutely wrecked. I went fully red twice before we called it. :(
Kaelie

Postby Sathelossa » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:48 am

Discovered something fun last night when our dps died...and me. Had a pally healer as well and he wouldn't go down. Ran back and zoned in. It let me and as soon as the next gravity lapse started, we were teleported back to Kael's room. So, this fight can be treated just like the 2nd boss in SL. So long as someone lives, this fight will continue. Looting problems will arise if he dies while people are released. I know my healer didn't get to loot the head because of this. (he had just zoned back in and hadn't gotten summoned to us yet)

Mind you, it's a lot easier if you just kill him without anyone dying. That plan worked a lot better on my second run.

Wouldn't bet on this working in heroic.
Sathelossa

Postby Moses » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:47 pm

I found that on normal I can wear my healing gear and tank him easily. As long as you have someone to kite the pheonix that is since even on normal he hits pretty hard. Frontload as much threat as you can (if you use healing/damage trinkets makes sure you pop them for your AW) and get a good lead on the dps. Make sure the pheonix dies and you kill the egg before you get to 50% because if you don't he'll keep tossing fireballs at you in the air and your healing is already going to be stressed keeping up with the dot/noobs hitting the spheres. The great thing is you can really shine if you lay off and get some mana back before stage two starts. Having two people healing for the second 50% is very nice.
Moses

Postby Sarima » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:25 am

So correct me if I'm wrong but what I observed was that during the first 50% of Kael's life (i.e. the "ground" phase) he will constantly summon new phoenixes. He will stop calling for his buddy when you get him to the second phase for the last half of his life (i.e. the gravity lapse).

So the trick seems to be to try and time Kael going under 50% hp to right after you killed the egg. Right?

Well that's speaking from what our group had trouble with: the bird being alive during gravity lapse and shooting balls of fire.
Worldie wrote:[...]omg, WotLK will seriously hurt my bran.
Sarima

Postby 2ndNin » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:48 am

Only shot normal so far, but this instance seems like pally heaven, every group (even casters) will happily stand in conseceration and move after you, and last boss, if you have a pally healer best bet is to tank first 50% then start throwing flashes of light at 1 dps (you do 1 and you, main healer does 2 and himself) as your damage is normally quite low, but your flashes will keep a dps up for a long time.
[url=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria]Armoury Link
[/url]
2ndNin

Postby Cearn » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:02 am

2ndNin wrote:Only shot normal so far, but this instance seems like pally heaven, every group (even casters) will happily stand in conseceration and move after you [...]

Which instance did you do? oO
Those freaking lock-types kept pissing me so off with running away and spamming, and as soon as a caster stands in a dampening field they won't move either.
Quite some fun corner-dancing the mage-types though.^^
Cearn

Postby ulushnar » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:08 am

Cearn wrote:Which instance did you do? oO
Those freaking lock-types kept pissing me so off with running away and spamming, and as soon as a caster stands in a dampening field they won't move either.
Quite some fun corner-dancing the mage-types though.^^

Had no problem keeping the 'Locks under control with a bit of creative LOS dancing.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:08 am

The whole place is very LoS friendly so it's not as much of an issue anyway, Specially since they don't seem to bother with keeping a minimum range. have yet to do the heroic, and I have this feeling i'll love abusing of mcs and enslaves :D
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Drak » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:13 am

I've done heroic and normal and the Place isn't all that bad. While it isn't like shattered halls for us, and you WILL need CC at times, it's still entirely doable and my guildmates have told me they still prefer me over a druid or warrior tank for this place.
Drak

Downing Kael

Postby Tellysaren » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:13 am

I got asked to tank Kael by a guildy after their tank left, so I dont know about the trash, but Kael himself wasnt too bad on normal. We wiped the first time cuz I got gravity lanched into one of the ball things just before a heal landed :( . Second try wasnt too bad, I went down, but I bought the group enough time to kill him and have one survivor :? . Only cloth drops that run though.
Tellysarena-Level 80
Human Paladin-0-53-18 Protection
Jewelcrafter/Miner
Lightbringer-<Reincarnation>

With a shield big enough, I can tank the World.
Tellysaren

Postby 2ndNin » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:21 am

MgT, the bubbles that get tossed often get tossed away from the mobs (and you can re-los pull the mobs if you need to), and they don't tend to move at all, first time I thought the bubble was to get us to force us to move as we never saw any mob in 1, on the third run it finally dawned on us as we saw a debuff on the 2 mobs that stood in 1 :D

Basically LoS pulls + some movement during fight = easy, and just consecrate, half of the casters will seem to follow and stay in melee range when you move for no apparent reason, its a dream compared to SH... Darkcaster stands at the back with 2 acolytes, all spread so consc doesn't hit em... so what you going to do :D
[url=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria]Armoury Link
[/url]
2ndNin

Postby Candiru » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:00 am

I got killed by a 40k pyroblast at 51%. Didn't really matter since a tank isn't needed for the last 50%.

I was too shocked seeing it to remember to bubble! Will have to do that next time. I think its on heroic only.

Only mad a mage interupting, and CS was on CD I think. Is it interuptable?
Candiru

Postby Eraklion » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:03 am

I killed him in normal and heroic mode with Shadow priest, anhancement chaman, me, warrior, holy paladin, all medium geared (Kara/ZA/TK/SSC), shadow priest killed Phoenix, chaman and warrior killed KT and eggs, when he has 50% hp, full dps and take care of bubbles.

And loot :D
Eraklion - Paladin 70 Blood Elf - Rashgarroth - EU
Dienh - Paladin 70 Human - Rashgarroth - EU
Eraklion

Postby Talryn » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:37 am

This instance isn't easy by any stretch. Several of these posts mention T5+ gear but if you're not decked out in epics, it can be tough.

I've only ran it on alts so far and it is challenging for groups. I think you need a group that works well together. Even normal mode can be like a heroic in that you can't just goof off. These mobs do very good damage for a regular instance.

I think the hardest part of the instance could be that last pull before Kael. That group is the worst of all the mobs in the place and you can't CC enough of them to make it trivial. I'm not looking forward to that on heroic mode.

I think once people learn the encounters better that it will be easier though.

For the pyroblast on heroic, you supposedly need to take down his 10k Shock Barrier before he casts Pyroblast so you can interrupt it.
Talryn

Postby Drak » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:10 am

Talryn wrote:For the pyroblast on heroic, you supposedly need to take down his 10k Shock Barrier before he casts Pyroblast so you can interrupt it.

It's possible to dps him fast enough to never get ti cast, and even if he managed to get one started you can bubble through it just like in the 25 man.
Drak

PreviousNext

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics